The Little Mermaid (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #3)[UK]

Apr 12, 2012
UK
Release Date: September 23th, 2013
Purchase link: The Little Mermaid
Price: £22.99
Number of Discs: 1
Disney Collection # 3

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

little-mermaid-uk.jpg

Actual pics: (Thanks to cudzndrips)

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 415
Last edited by a moderator:
I took a page out of Howie's (steel)book *tip your waitresses! I'm here all week* and attempted a gloss respray on my LM today.
First coat seemed to go really well, although the can says it'll take about 24 hours to set completely, so hopefully will find out when I get back from work tomorrow to see it in full.
Could be the start of a major respray session.

Reactions: howiesteed
^
I would have popped it apart and just glossed the front and back metal panels. The gloss might crack on the spine plastic because it has some give.

I did think about that, but as this was pretty much a trial run as it's still available for £9.99, that if it went wrong then I could get another copy.

looking good should swap steels and compare lol , did it make the colours a lot deeper if that makes sense

Ha, good idea. I think it has, but only looked at it quickly before adding the second coat this evening. Hopefully I'll get to look at it in the daylight and see it properly and take a decent picture.

Sorry for the poor pictures, the lighting is horrible for taking pictures.
This is pretty much the final product.

2u9unuhu.jpg

7avyquna.jpg

jequdadu.jpg

sy5ehyse.jpg

For a first attempt I think it came out pretty well, all except for the ripple effect in picture 2 which is where I think I sprayed unevenly, but the water based front cover makes it work... Right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That ripple is too much paint too fast and not level spraying area but not sure with your stuff you used but with lacquer you can flat it off with some-1000 or 1500 and then buff it out with rubbing compound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk