The Little Mermaid (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #3)[UK]

Apr 12, 2012
UK
Release Date: September 23th, 2013
Purchase link: The Little Mermaid
Price: £22.99
Number of Discs: 1
Disney Collection # 3

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

little-mermaid-uk.jpg

Actual pics: (Thanks to cudzndrips)

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 418
Last edited by a moderator:
Meh. I don't even keep this in my collection. Target Digibook destroys this steel. Whatever good marks zavvi earned for the front artwork they lose for the laziest inside and lamest back cover I've ever seen. Combine that with matte to make it even less impressive. It's a bummer because this could have been great.

Reactions: Geek Tragedy
^
Disappointment of the year. I will keep it in my collection but I picked up the Target digibook because it is freaking beautiful. I also got the 3D disc on fleabay to make it more complete.

Last edited:
Reactions: jimmyv
Hmmmm. Thought for a second there that they reduced Little Mermaid to 9.99 without the purchase of another steel (screenshot is from an e-mail I received)

:(

Screen Shot 2013-12-21 at 12.24.53 PM.png

Last edited:
So got my replacement disc from Disney UK today, Part of your World restored and all. :) Good service, no cost to me, took under a week AND they allowed me to send the old disc in a plastic case instead of sending the steelbook. :)

One think to keep in mind, instead of making a new disc, it seems Disney UK just got a shipment of US restored discs from America, so I dunno if it has the exact same languages and subs as the UK disc or not. Has an pause feature thats plays songs from the film with lyrics till you play it again that I don't think was in the UK disc though.... XD

^
What was wrong with the UK disc? I watched it and did not notice any problems.

A couple of seconds of the song "Part of Your World" are edited incorrectly. Near the end when Ariel descends downwards and Flounder looks sad, those 2 bits are shown in the wrong order.

Its a VERY minor mistake they made, but meh, free is free and I'd rather have it the way its meant to be.

Using hard coat lacquer that I use on cars in a spray booth to minimise things sticking to it it adds protection in a way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

its a mix of lacquer hardener and accelerator and only smally amount of thinners blown through a compressor with a gravity fed gun

would anyone be interested in having this done?

Using hard coat lacquer that I use on cars in a spray booth to minimise things sticking to it it adds protection in a way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

its a mix of lacquer hardener and accelerator and only smally amount of thinners blown through a compressor with a gravity fed gun

would anyone be interested in having this done?

Very good job done on that can you upload a video if possible so we can see it better