The Little Mermaid (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #3)[UK]

Apr 12, 2012
UK
Release Date: September 23th, 2013
Purchase link: The Little Mermaid
Price: £22.99
Number of Discs: 1
Disney Collection # 3

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

little-mermaid-uk.jpg

Actual pics: (Thanks to cudzndrips)

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 420
Last edited by a moderator:
I also still haven't received mine, yet I've received Starship Troopers and Rocketeer, which were dispatched on the same day as The Little Mermaid.

Same for me. I received Starship Troopers, Rocketeer and Thron but i´m still waiting for Little Mermaid. I hope it arrives!

Mine finally came in, but thanks to the damn postal service, I only got notification this past Friday. When we went to pick it up, the post office told us that it was there for the past 2 weeks! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

I haven't inspected the steelbook for damages as yet, but the packaging was shocking!

Note this just in
Relates to USA/Canada Region

Will this also happen for UK/Europe Release

Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment has created a Blu-ray disc exchange program to address issues present on the Diamond Edition release of The Little Mermaid. The key mistake the replacement disc and its revised 1080p video presentation corrects is a pair of switched shots that result in an audio sync error during Ariel's "Part of Your World"

Simply call Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment Guest Relations at 1-800-723-4763 (888-877-2843 in Canada) or submit a message online here http://www.disneystudioshelp.com/ContactUs to begin the process.

The replacement disc is free. Disney only requires your name, mailing address and disc-specific details (easily found on your retail copy of The Little Mermaid). From there, you will be sent a pre-paid, USPS return-mail label with which to return your 2D BD or DVD copy. (A 3D disc replacement has yet to be announced.) Disney is currently estimating the exchange process will take 4-8 weeks, although it may be less.

Disney USA offering this for free
Disney UK Reply so far ANSWER IS NO

Last edited:
Sometimes I have to wait 3-4 weeks for steelbooks to arrive 'cause they got stuck with customs.

I just contacted them and sent the required form.

Damn! I just realized all the zavvi steels I've purchased are region B. I can't even etch them. Zavvi should have done the combo packs and made them region free. I'd have paid more for that. Now I have to buy the movies again in the US. :/ would anyone wanna buy the discs from me?

Damn! I just realized all the zavvi steels I've purchased are region B. I can't even etch them. Zavvi should have done the combo packs and made them region free. I'd have paid more for that. Now I have to buy the movies again in the US. :/ would anyone wanna buy the discs from me?

Don't know what else you ordered, but The Little Mermaid is not region locked.

And Zavvi doesn't determine the disc's region playback status; the studio/distributor does.

So this has been sitting on my shelf a week or two now, and I'm just wondering if the sideways title bothers the hell out of anybody else. Sitting there next to all my other Disney steels, it sticks out like a sore thumb. I suppose I wouldn't mind if they were all that way, but with just this one I think it was an awful choice, for consistency's sake. I would have much prefer the title to be like on the original poster that the artwork was taken from.

So this has been sitting on my shelf a week or two now, and I'm just wondering if the sideways title bothers the hell out of anybody else. Sitting there next to all my other Disney steels, it sticks out like a sore thumb. I suppose I wouldn't mind if they were all that way, but with just this one I think it was an awful choice, for consistency's sake. I would have much prefer the title to be like on the original poster that the artwork was taken from.

I have to say you are likely in the minority here. A lot of people likely have them lined up with only the spine visible. But I could see where that would be annoying.

Reactions: Gamesgaryjp

yes, the sideway title doesnt make any sense... what were they thinking??

people keep making excuses for it but its plain wrong and bad design.

There is a lot more Disney films to go in this collection. I bet you that at least one more will get a sideways title.

Personally, I don't mind it at all. That's the way it was originally, and I'm glad they have kept it.