The Little Mermaid (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #3)[UK]

Apr 12, 2012
UK
Release Date: September 23th, 2013
Purchase link: The Little Mermaid
Price: £22.99
Number of Discs: 1
Disney Collection # 3

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

little-mermaid-uk.jpg

Actual pics: (Thanks to cudzndrips)

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 420
Last edited by a moderator:
20 days and my Mermaid has still not arrived. Starting to get worried :ohno:

Same here. My Prestige shipped yesterday. Be funny (not really) if that arrives here first.

Maybe some fishermen scooped your Mermaids up :D.

Of course the Prestige has already shipped, we're talking about magicians, maybe the steelbook will be by your TV tomorrow morning. Be careful though, there might be a twist at the end — a special appearance by the Slasher perhaps :D.

Seriously, I hope you do get your Mermaids - don't listen to the naysayers, it's still one of the best Zavvi steelbooks of the year ;).

I can't wait to watch The Prestige again, I haven't since i've seen it in theaters, I remember loving everything about it and for some weird reason I had not bought it on DVD (2003-2010) or Blu-ray (2010 - ? — buying only Blu-rays since 2010 :D). And it's Warner so there are French subs. This all contributes to making this release even sweeter to me.

The Prestige is the only one of the current huge amount of releases I've kept on pre-order, alongside Zavvi's Planet of the Apes (release is Monday too) and the regular French lenticular steelbook of Epic (release is Wednesday) — I'm not including Hot Shots and the Dollar trilogy among them (received them Thursday), the steelbook frenzy is really starting next Monday.

I happen to be an adult collector, and will always prefer a SteelBook over a digibook.

Having said that, I actually like the TLM SteelBook and don't see it as a half-assed effort. Sure, it is artwork we have seen before, but it is the only SteelBook option and it is not bad artwork. It is simply reused, but it is, in my opinion, one of the best pieces of art from the film.

You can argue that TLM is a kid's movie, but I can argue (and I think Disney will side with me) that it is an all-ages film which everyone can enjoy, and yes that includes adults and adult collectors.

Disney and Target are both well aware of the huge adult collectible market for Disney. Nevertheless, Target has decided to produce an exclusive aimed for kids. I'm not saying this is wrong, and in fact, it may very well be the smartest decision from Target because it will move sales for adults buying for kids. However, I don't have to like it.

I collect digibooks because of the extra information about the film. I don't buy the digibook for E.T. just to have a kid's storybook in it.

Maybe others are fine with it, but I am not. I know that as a storybook it will never be read by me and would just sit on my shelf and collect dust. I would much rather have a nice looking SteelBook over a kid's digibook any day.

Even as a digibook collector, I'm not interested in the digi for TLM. I actually did buy both the SteelBook (German because I like blue) and the digi for E.T. because I liked both. Same with JAWS.

I see what your saying.
However
My digibooks sit in a bookcase and I like the fact that you can take the book out and read about the film.
I collect Disney blurays from the UK where I am from. I have the Steelbooks for the Disney Classics and Pixar films amongst others. The Steelbooks I have on display in my HT room. Also on display I have the Target digibooks, Cinderella and Peter Pan, TLM should be joining then soon from the group buy.
The cover art of the Target Disney digibooks in my opinion is as good as the Disney steelbooks.

Still waiting on mine to and it shipped on the 18th. Still has a chance to come in today tho and I hope it does because I wanted to watch it. Why is it taking so long? Going on 3 weeks to get here.

I think the steelbook look perfectly fine. After seeing the 3D package with the same artwork, I actually prefer the steelbook. If the 3d version had a lenticular slip, I might have changed my opinion since I will play extra for that, but it doesn't and since the 3D convert isn't exactly winning the highest of praises (nor could I actually play it), I'm happy with the steel.

I think Aladdin will probably stay the best looking Disney title for a while, at least until the next glossy one gets released.

Hi all,

I still haven't received mine (dispatched 9/18) so I figured I'd finally shoot Zavvi a message since the latest arrival date on my order says 10/8.

Is there a best way to contact them? I went to my order page and did all the drop down questions and thought it would let me type something as well (like amazon), but it just said message was sent or whatever. Is it better to create a new message?

thanks! never had to deal with this before.

I also still haven't received mine, yet I've received Starship Troopers and Rocketeer, which were dispatched on the same day as The Little Mermaid.

Just got my copy in mint condition.:) Just read over at blu-ray.com that the U.S. are having a replacement program for this because of an error in the Part of your World scene. Not sure what exactly the error is but I hope the UK discs were not affected.

All the steelbooks that I have ordered from Zaavi arrived in perfect condition. I really like the front cover but the inside pictures kind of don't "flow" with the front cover if that makes sense.