The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 30, 2020 - January 23, 2023 (Re print) - July 8, 2024 (Re print)
Purchase links: WB Shop - Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £99.99
Finish: Matte w/ no 'bossing (steelbook & case)
Notes: WB Shop includes Artcards - UHD Discs only does not include Blu-ray discs

81Q8mRHYcAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, can't believe this sold out. Overpriced, ugly art, bare bones releases with no extras discs. Pretty obviously going to be the first of half a dozen limited/special/ultimate/collector's editions of these films in 4k too

See you all in 18 months for the real releases where they actually make some effort.

ROTK is gorgeous, FOTR is nice, and TTT is off putting. Too anime looking for my taste but had they gotten the art a bit better on that cover maybe I’d buy them. I’m still hopeful for a complete set next summer but it’s like going to include everything under the sun.

Wow, can't believe this sold out. Overpriced, ugly art, bare bones releases with no extras discs. Pretty obviously going to be the first of half a dozen limited/special/ultimate/collector's editions of these films in 4k too

See you all in 18 months for the real releases where they actually make some effort.
This is a trade wide release in UK/Ireland
Zavvi would only been allocated a set amount
The rest of the stock is split between the other UK/Ireland retailers

WB Shop/Amazon UK/HMV not gone live yet for this lord of the rings 4K steelbook box set

It's not sold out yet the other retailers will be live later today and in next few days

cannot understand the huge demand for these. like someone said. better & much cooler 4K steelbooks gonna surface. Fact. Now people just are just peeing their pants and shouting me-want-me-want.

Hint : they should take a look their sale list, unopened stuff that once once was "must-have" ... lol. !

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Pretty obviously going to be the first of half a dozen or more opportunities for you to complain about the Lord Of The Rings releases over the next 18 months...with your biggest complaints reserved for the "real releases where they actually make some effort" but still not enough for you.

I ordered from the WB Store and am having it shipped to a forwarder. As it was a first-time order, I got 10% off with the WELCOME code, and all in all, it will be much cheaper than purchasing on eBay.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Few more of these available at Zavvi, email just recieved for RC members but maybe for non RC too?

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Grabbed lotr from the WB store. Tough decision whether to get this now or wait for the set next year with all the extras as I'm sure it'll be something special, but I'm not sure I could have brought myself to pay so much extra to own the Hobbit movies in 4K with those extras as well.

Reactions: gilomedia101
Guys I have a question about languages... on WB site there are a lot of languages mentioned (for both audio and subtitles), but the only audio language mentioned on Zavvi was english.... is it possible that these are two different versions and Zavvi version does not have all the languages in there? (I have successfully preordered Zavvi version, but I'm thinking about canceling because of it).