The Mandalorian: The Complete First Season (4K and Blu-ray SteelBooks) [USA]

Jul 1, 2013
Berlin, Germany
Release date: December 12, 2023
Purchase links: 4K Amazon - Best Buy - Walmart (Pre order live from August 28 some retailers when going live date will vary)
Price: $49.99
Notes: Gloss Finish
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

Mandalorian S1.jpg

F4D2E4BW4AEYY1g.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone got this in hand yet and confirm finish at all?

Amazon still have not shipped mine yet

I'm hoping usa is gloss

Has anyone got this in hand yet and confirm finish at all?

Amazon still have not shipped mine yet

I'm hoping usa is gloss

Both seasons are full gloss unlike the matte finish of the ROW versions

Mine also appears to have some random debossing but I think that's more due to the crappy envelope they continue to ship these in rather than the design intended :cautious:

Both seasons are full gloss unlike the matte finish of the ROW versions

Mine also appears to have some random debossing but I think that's more due to the crappy envelope they continue to ship these in rather than the design intended :cautious:
Crappy envelope is being rather polite. Paper thin with no padding, amazing any steelbook could survive travel across the pond. May have well just put postage directly on the steels with a rubber band around them (n)

• Wow
Reactions: Basil
Crappy envelope is being rather polite. Paper thin with no padding, amazing any steelbook could survive travel across the pond. May have well just put postage directly on the steels with a rubber band around them (n)

You can never get a replacement either, options are always send it back and they'll give you a refund in store credit so if you want a replacement you've got to buy it again assuming you still can

Cant be bothered tbh, will just live with it

Reactions: GeoRattray
Is this Amazon? I’ve received several things from them with the postage sticker placed directly on the item. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s also been done with steelbooks.
It was Amazon US, paper thin x2 steelbooks within emailer envelope (e.g., E15/M2). In fairness, one side of the envelope does have a (very) thin membrane of something, but the other side just paper.

Yes, I've heard this before, that's just shocking if your item is directly mailed with zero packaging...

Last edited:
It was Amazon US, paper thin x2 steelbooks within emailer envelope (e.g., E15/M2). In fairness, one side of the envelope does have a (very) thin membrane of something, but the other side just paper.

Yes, I've heard this before, that's just shocking if your item is directly mailed with zero packaging...
Just received Loki from Amazon US within a paper mailer envelope. So very worried about the condition of the steelbook, but no scratch or dent anywhere! Must be a miracle, US to Netherlands unscathed in an paper mailer envelope!

• Wow
Reactions: Steely-Booked
How is the HDR on this? Do the highlights look like they need a kick up the ass? Just like they do on my Avatar and Indy Dial of Destiny 4K discs. Some HDR shows on Disney+ have been recorded at 200nits in bright daylight scenes that are meant to be much brighter.

How is the HDR on this? Do the highlights look like they need a kick up the ass? Just like they do on my Avatar and Indy Dial of Destiny 4K discs. Some HDR shows on Disney+ have been recorded at 200nits in bright daylight scenes that are meant to be much brighter.

hhhhmmmmmm

nit powder? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: