UK
Release date: October 10, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi - Pre-order live Saturday 13 at 6 PM
Price: £21.99

1.jpg

11323363-1144408627608012.jpg
11323363-1134408627674063.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered. And I'd like to point out that this is my first order from Zavvi in more than 1 1/2 years. I used to order from Zavvi like a madman, but lost all interest in the wake of premium retailers offering the packages that collectors really want and I had a giant belly full of Zavvi's piss poor customer service.

I'm still hoping that a premium retailer picks up this steelbook and makes a nice package out of it, but with the incredible popularity of this movie, I don't want to miss out on this.

Points and counterpoints:
1) I agree, price does make a big impact. This may be the one reason it takes longer to sell out
2) "Ultra limited" is a bit of a stretch term, but I'm sure Zavvi would apply it if the print run was 2,000. Again, I think this will take a while to sell out, but I don't foresee a price drop in that time.
3) The "old" steelbook wasn't available worldwide to many people at a decent price, certainly not us here in the U.S. The few retailers that did sell it were HMV, some Amazon sites at ridiculous prices, and some Asian retailers.
a) This new steelbook is superior in every way to the awful first Martian steelbook (minus 3D)
b) We don't have any details on embossing/debossing/finish
c) LAH is a must-have for Schwarzennegger fans. I re-watched it recently and found it too long and uneven. Not a bad movie, but not in the same category as Terminator 2 and Predator. The Martian is a must-have for science, space exploration, Ridley Scott, and Matt Damon fans. The Martian has an 8.1 rating on IMDB while LAH has a 6.2. The Martian was nominated for seven Oscars. As a kid, LAH was always (to me) the movie that heralded Schwarzennegger's downfall. Its appeal is a bit limited. The Martian has a much broader appeal. I am pretty confident that I'll still be talking about it in 10 years, probably 25. If you doubt me, read the book, which is even better than the movie.

Points (a) and (c) are the main reasons why the steelbook will sell out in good time at the price it's offered at.

But as much as I like The Martian, and it is very watchable, it can never hit, or even approach that peak of science fiction genius that is Tarkovsky's Solaris

If ever a man deserved to have all his films turned into steelbooks Tarkovsky is the man. and with the whole cataologue nely remastered in Blu now is the time - over to you Film Arena . . . .

For the sake of 10 minutes it is pushing it to release another steelbook, why couldn't they have included it in the first release like batman superman steelbook. It has more reason to seperate them having over 30 minutes extra but thankfully came in the first steelbook release abs is awesome.

For the sake of 10 minutes it is pushing it to release another steelbook, why couldn't they have included it in the first release like batman superman steelbook. It has more reason to seperate them having over 30 minutes extra but thankfully came in the first steelbook release abs is awesome.
The extras disc is over 3 hours nearly 4 hours of content