Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: October 2nd, 2016
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $24.99; $17.99 release week

Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 4.35.52 PM.png martian.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Might wanna get your eyes checked, it's so obviously off center to the left. Look at the margins:

2ezjjv8.jpg

Now look at the slipcase version, which is perfectly centered. Bit of a difference:

2d6pdae.jpg
I guess I see a different perspective than you do. The emphasis to the title is the word "Martian" and it sits center. Now the slipcase that your showing, to me the word "Martian" is off center and looks horrible. I would not buy that.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it all depends on how you look at it.

cube.gif

Reactions: Actarus
This should be $19.99 at the most. The amaray is $14.99 so Best Buy is tacking on $10 because it's a steelbook. I think I'll pass.

I guess I see a different perspective than you do. The emphasis to the title is the word "Martian" and it sits center. Now the slipcase that your showing, to me the word "Martian" is off center and looks horrible. I would not buy that.

cube.gif
Yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but even though she's good looking, there's no question that one of Shannen Doherty's eye is lower/higher than the other. Just pointing out the facts.

tumblr_l5ll45o5Ll1qbn1vmo1_500.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Masta Norris
Went to my BestBuy this morning, they didn't have any but two others supposedly had less than 3. Leave it to my closet store to not have it on release. *Sigh*.

Ask them to call another store to see if they can hold it, they said they don't turn on their phones till 11am. Lmao

Not should what I should have expected.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: HalloweenNightJW
Best way to end arguments with Best Buy employees is to show them the release date, availability in store or price on the web site on your phone and then to the store manager.

• Thanks
Reactions: FN-2187
They are supposed to be in a pop display that say SteelBook Headquarters FYI ..so perhaps look around your store , that or they havent opened it

• Thanks
Reactions: Ricker and ash333

cube.gif
lol no dude a designer would NEVER center to one word, this art has been released before on slipcover and its center. They messed up with the steelbook margins and its super obvious. Look at the artwork up on bestbuy.com and look at other releases, youll see what it was supposed to look like. It doesnt make sense to center it to the word martian since "extended edition" and "Matt Damon" expands farther than martian. Also look where it says " A RIDLEY SCOTT FILM" this is always centered to the title. The title IS centered to Damon, but its not that the title itself is off center, its that the entire image artwork is off center, you can see the artwork mockup below where both Damon and the title are perfectly centered.

5579340_sa.jpg;maxHeight=550;maxWidth=642

Last edited: