Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 7th, 2016
Purchase link: The Mask of Zorro (live)
Price: £12.99

11238489-6584360137792288.jpg

11238489-6404360137920439.jpg

Last edited:
Would have been happier to see both related films included (as in the 2013 "Kill Bill" double SB release) for GBP 15.99 which would have been acceptable and a definite purchase.

If this is the final art it is certainly disappointing when there are great poster images to choose from (if permissible) but if this is a matte steelbook maybe it could yet be saved by some spot glossing to the flames or failing that 'bossing of the "Z".
Do like the deep red and reminds me of the colouring of "The Orphanage".

Fans of this could do worse than check out the "Mark of Zorro" (1940) with Tyrone Power in the Banderas role and the excellent Basil Rathbone (my preferred Sherlock Holmes) who along with George Sanders (the voice of Shere Khan in Disney's "Jungle Book")) was the Brit "baddie" par excellence of the 1940's. Scratch that . . . as it doesn't appear to be available anywhere on BD or DVD :(. Would really like to retire my SVHS copy of this taped off the TV in the '90's to the attic.

Last edited:
Preorder now, or hope for a price drop somewhere down the line...?

The Mark of Zorro with Tyrone Power is available on DVD at amazon, R1 with color or monochrome, R2 colourised only I believe. There's a French blu ray but I don't know the specs.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: virkia
Another one for the matte haters to add to the list.
Actually looks quite nice from the pics I've seen in spite of its matte varnish finish.
The title is de-bossed on the front AND on the back which IS a nice bonus :thumbs:
Now if we can just forgive Zavvi for the blatant self-publicity of the giant "Z" not only on the front but ALSO on the back . . . LOL . . . and let's hope they don't go up in flames with this one and they manage to shift as many copies as they can at full price :rolleyes::whistle:

Last edited:
I can't understand having the same on both sides. They have even left the names on above the title on the back, at least remove them! This comes across as lazy.

Reactions: ADS1114
Looks much much better than zavvis attempt (waiting for the "Zavvi don't Make steelbooks comments" lol

I hate the film but I'd buy that you have done on a price drop

you actually buy stuff you hate if it's cheap ?

:rofl:

you actually buy stuff you hate if it's cheap ?

:rofl:

Not many things but I've bought a few before if I'm not a fan of the film and but the art is really good.
For instance the sharknado film is shockingly bad but if I see it for say £3.99 I'd buy it because the art is quite cool and mondo esque