The Matrix (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 17, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live on March 23 at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £24.99

12034134-1864646523549702.jpg

12034134-7504646523653046.jpg 12034134-2834646522452137.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think I've seen a decent Matrix steelbook with good art yet
That's the sad truth :(
Probably not going to either, when I was designing concept artwork I tried real hard to design some Matrix concept art and I just couldn't find anything worth a damn out there at my sources. Their dark movies plain and simple and the only really good thing is the code, and maybe the first movie would be either something related to "I know Kung Fu" or the woman in the red dress, as for the other two there ain't sh!t out there.

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
Ugh, terrible designs on these. The older ones with debossed title looks so much better. The price also makes my purchase of the trilogy for £30 a few days ago with the £5 off voucher at Amazon seem even better.

Does anyone know if the Blu-Ray transfer in this will be any different to previous steelbook releases? I'll struggle to justify it if not.

Does anyone know if the Blu-Ray transfer in this will be any different to previous steelbook releases? I'll struggle to justify it if not.
Yes Blu-ray transfer it's different
Blu-ray disc that is included with 4K releases
It's remastered both video and audio
Extras are on separate Blu-ray disc

Example of Video quality difference between previous Blu-ray and remastered Blu-ray

All the reviews have the remastered Blu-ray release both video and audio is better than previous Blu-ray
It's from the same 4K remaster scan that was used for the 4K UHD

The videos on Youtube not the best way to do an comparison even though I posted an example :rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: hoppusdelonge
Blu-ray Disc
Note when you load the Blu-ray discs the default audio used is 5.1
If you want to use Dolby Atmos you have to select this manually

Reactions: andy01652
Same here... everything is over-contrasted which makes the colours look unnatural IMO.
All the reviews have the remastered Blu-ray release both video and audio is better than previous Blu-ray
It's from the same 4K remaster scan that was used for the 4K UHD

The videos on Youtube not the best way to do an comparison even though I posted an example :rofl:
Blu-ray 2008
Codec: VC-1 (16.44 Mbps)

Blu-ray remastered 2018
Codec: MPEG-4 AVC (21.99 Mbps)

caps-a-holic comparison website for those that like to use this site to compare releases
You will notice a big difference
https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?d1=11855&d2=11852&s1=116877&s2=116834&i=0&l=0&a=0
Phew thanks for that but it be so easy for them to just allow to change on site I been using them for 10 yrs and more and I could not remember what they did.

Is it just me or The Matrix was supposed to be green-ish all over?
Was not that green tone of the whole movie an intended and wanted spec,
cause I think I read somewhere about the Wachowski's saying so
in an interview before the sequels come out?!?
And what I can see in both of the comparisons is that the green-ish tone
is almost entirely gone from the remaster!

Also, on a more on-topic point, does anyone had her/his copy shipped/dispatched already?
Cause I had the Black Panther with the same estimated delivery day, and that one dispatched on 11 already!

Is it just me or The Matrix was supposed to be green-ish all over?
Was not that green tone of the whole movie an intended and wanted spec,
cause I think I read somewhere about the Wachowski's saying so
in an interview before the sequels come out?!?
And what I can see in both of the comparisons is that the green-ish tone
is almost entirely gone from the remaster!

Also, on a more on-topic point, does anyone had her/his copy shipped/dispatched already?
Cause I had the Black Panther with the same estimated delivery day, and that one dispatched on 11 already!
Correct. The green hue was intended and used for all scenes when they're actually in the Matrix.