The Matrix (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 17, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live on March 23 at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £24.99

12034134-1864646523549702.jpg

12034134-7504646523653046.jpg 12034134-2834646522452137.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely laughable :rofl:. Apart from the ridiculous steelbook trend of slapping a random object from the film onto the front, the whole thing just screams "My First Photoshop Project".

A spoon with floating heads on. So bad it's genius. SB of the year right there.

All those comments about the spoon make me laugh a bit. It’s one of the most important quotes in the movie. A very important lesson to Neo.

“There is no spoon!” is literally saying that, there is no reality!
Literally, there is no reality! Everything that we can see, smell, touch, it is not real, it is not there.
The laptop in which I’m writing, the screen in which you are reading, the air that you are breathing, are not there, are not real.
Physical reality is something that does not exist, it is simply not there.
You don’t try to change what is not there, you don’t manipulate what does not exist, instead you realize the truth … there is nothing there.
And as there is nothing there, all you have to do is change yourself and everything automatically changes because it only reflects whatever you believe it to be.
“Then you will see that is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.”
The outside world does not exist without your perception of it. This is quantum physics and universal laws, nothing exists without an observer of it, nothing exists without something to be conscious of it.

If you want to read more about it (and try to understand the movie a bit more)

https://www.google.nl/amp/s/filipemoleiro.com/2017/04/03/there-is-no-spoon/amp/

Last edited:
All those comments about the spoon make me laugh a bit. It’s one of the most important quotes in the movie. A very important lesson to Neo.

Literally, there is no reality! Everything that we can see, smell, touch, it is not real, it is not there.
The laptop in which I’m writing, the screen in which you are reading, the air that you are breathing, are not there, are not real.
You don’t try to change what is not there, you don’t manipulate what does not exist, instead you realize the truth … there is nothing there.
And as there is nothing there, all you have to do is change yourself and everything automatically changes because it only reflects whatever you believe it to be.
The outside world does not exist without your perception of it. This is quantum physics and universal laws, nothing exists without an observer of it, nothing exists without something to be conscious of it.

Yeah but floatings head on a spoon, dude.

Yeah but floatings head on a spoon, dude.
Instead of Neo's reflection in the movie they put the some of the others as well....don't find that strange. They were also a big part of the movie(s).

But hey.....it's art, there's no right or wrong.....you either like it or not....

Still LOOKS CRAP whatever the underlying meaning.

The art may not be the universal favourite of the three but it's at least different enough to the two previous to deserve a release . . . a big plus is that steelbooks for all three movies are well matched this time around including the back art ...
2012 ------------------------------------------------------ 2015 ------------------------------------------ 2019 -------------------------------------I
1551446605432.png
/
1551446665476.png
/
1551447042175.png
+
1551447902678.png
+
1551447988620.png

... and another plus is that the colour scheme is in keeping with the original green 'n' black trilogy slipbox released in 2008 (UK):-
1551447446836.png

Definitely a suitable place in which to store these three new steelbooks.

^
^
Edit: just tried it - scratch bit about the Amaray trilogy slipbox as a suitable housing for the 3 steelbooks . . . although might be possible to squeeze them in it won't be possible to get them out.

I’m sorry but the meaning is perfect. I’ve been saying there is no spoon since I see the film when it first came out. A spoon on the front cover is a HUGE no no

Regardless of its meaning

• Thanks
Reactions: Punker76

Literally, there is no reality! Everything that we can see, smell, touch, it is not real, it is not there...
/

Ummm.... I'm pretty positive EVERYONE understands the spoon reference, you don't need to explain it. It's one of the most obvious metaphors ever written in film.
All the comments aren't about the symbolism, it's about how ugly the steelbook looks.