Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: October 30, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $32.99 - $29.99

A.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: popeye
My initial thoughts were not spoon but more along the lines of that infamous Speed steel from a few years back.
Still fecking awful though, the wait goes on for a decent Matrix steel.

- maybe with their advanced understanding of the Matrix, they should have used a fork on RELOADED and a knife on REVOLUTIONS to complete the Matrix Cutlery trifeca.:wow:
(Would that make the AniMatrix a Spork cover?!)

That is a 100% REAL poster, used in African cinemas.
I'm dying at Matrix Cutlery trifecta :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Imagine the trilogy collection artwork! :rofl:

Oh and that got me thinking, it would be nice to see Animatrix separately. Even though i doubt they'll ever do that.

Nice to see all 3 matching I've got to say . . . will complement well the trilogy release thanks to the matching black 'n' green colour scheme and matching undersized protagonists . . . better trilogy set than we got in the UK for sure and lot better than the recent Iconic Moments steelbook:-

Monsterzebra:thumbs:
1539217738283.png
Guessing the backs will be black with green vertical code stripes.

ANIMATRIX included in a steelbook here for the first time I believe - great price of 21 Euros from Amazon.es for four BDs:-
1539218609831.png

Nice to see all 3 matching I've got to say . . . will complement well the trilogy release thanks to the matching black 'n' green colour scheme and matching undersized protagonists . . . better trilogy set than we got in the UK for sure and lot better than the recent Iconic Moments steelbook:-
Guessing the backs will be black with green vertical code stripes.

ANIMATRIX included in a steelbook here for the first time I believe - great price of 21 Euros from Amazon.es for four BDs:-
Yep.
They match.
They all stink.
Only hope is a premium company takes up the challenge.

So do I have this right?
Spoon
Keys
Puddle

For me the ideal would be a trilogy release with the falling code on the cover only. We all know it’s the Matrix FCOL.

So do I have this right?
Spoon
Keys
Puddle

For me the ideal would be a trilogy release with the falling code on the cover only. We all know it’s the Matrix FCOL.
If we were playing charades - would SPOON, KEYS, PUDDLE be the clues that would lead you to say- "OH! THE MATRIX!!!"??!!!

These seem much more scarce than I thought they would be. Non available at my local store when they opened. Thought it was kind of odd that online pick up never went live for my local store.

Cool back art that flows on all three certainly adds considerably to the decent front art . . . admittedly always preferred the green and black colours for THE MATRIX to the blue we got recently in the UK and liking the way they've kept the same colour scheme throughout.
Looks like a matte finish with metallic reflections to both sides which I suspect few will prefer over the gloss finish seen on the German trilogy steelbook for example:-
1540984493822.png

1)
1540948518430.png
1540948374285.png

-------------------------------
2)
1540980153474.png
1540980072004.png

----------------------------------------------
3)
1540984687513.png

These seem much more scarce than I thought they would be. Non available at my local store when they opened. Thought it was kind of odd that online pick up never went live for my local store.

This might be a "Hocus Pocus" situation. I wouldn't lose hope yet - don't go to e-bay - sit tight for a week or two and watch Best Buy.

These turned out pretty nice. Not the typical cheap matte finish that US steels have a reputation for. Nice use of spot gloss on them as well. Definitely turned out better than I thought they would considering it’s WB.

Reactions: AlienKing