Release date: November 14, 2018
Purchase link: Amazon ES
Price: €20.99

81+Od0EbQnL__SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Animatrix included! Hell yes. Hopefully there’s actually English on the cover

Last edited:
Animatrix included! Hell yes. Hopefully there’s actually English on the cover
"Matrix" is English so you're right :LOL: Nah, don't think it will be in English as the spine is in Spanish. I think the J-card ends with the blu logo.

What is a Black Metal Edition? Anyone can translate?
Many years ago they offered steelbooks in black metal. I think it maybe does 2 things. Likely makes it cheaper as one less color to paint as its already black. HOWEVER the end result for the customer is better cause the black is more solid and really nice deep black. And usually lot less chance for that metal stress look on top edges that give off that paint rub look if you know what im talking about. Battle Royale from UK comes to mind. Just a great pure black to it.

If im not mistaken, maybe even the rambo steels from zavvi long ago were black metal so could be some cool two tone effect with that black in this artwork on this steel in regards to the finish.

I wish the Best Buy 4K Trilogy edition looked like this but only with green code instead of white, although Trinity's head looks a little funky on this, can't quite place my finger on what it is though.

Last edited:
Many years ago they offered steelbooks in black metal. I think it maybe does 2 things. Likely makes it cheaper as one less color to paint as its already black. HOWEVER the end result for the customer is better cause the black is more solid and really nice deep black. And usually lot less chance for that metal stress look on top edges that give off that paint rub look if you know what im talking about. Battle Royale from UK comes to mind. Just a great pure black to it.

If im not mistaken, maybe even the rambo steels from zavvi long ago were black metal so could be some cool two tone effect with that black in this artwork on this steel in regards to the finish.
Yea, i have BR UK. Always wondered how such deep/pure black was done. Didnt know that was a thing.
There is a long line up of black metal steelbooks up for preorder on Amazon if you wanna check it out.
Aside from what Wreck has stated, if you look at the OP's pic, the edge as far as can be seen is black. There are a few others on Amazon Spain, for example: Crazy long link for another Black metal edition and the same applies.
So Wreck is right, period.
True, thanks.

Reactions: DMD4k
@Wreck @AlienKing According to Steelbookpro.fr, these Steelbooks won't have anything printed on them. All the Steelbooks from the "Black Metal edition" will be plain black, the picture from the movie (shown on Amazon) will be a slip.

Surely they are wrong.
That's just crazy talk

he has contacts, and everytime he confirms something it's true. I looked at some of these "Black Metal editions". Some are re release, but they were stickerbooks. So if they went the cheap way the first time, would not surprise me if they went the cheap way again.