UK
Release date: March 25, 2015
Purchase links: FilmArena
Price: 539 CZK
Mini Group Buy: carllenc
Notes: Limited to 500 numbered copies

film_20991_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very impressed with these Film Arena releases so far!:)
Ditto, I've been cutting back on my Steelbook purchases lately, but FilmArena have produced some seriously nice packages to go with them.
I'm even double-dipping and getting their Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1 release too, which is something I rarely do - but considering how impressed I've been with AA,SB and TMR, I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Reactions: Sigill
I opened mine last night, I think there great slips and the steelbooks are brilliant for both Maze Runner & The Equalizer my only gripe is with the MASSIVE art cards these should of been sized to be able to go inside the steelbook so the slip fit prefectly over the steelbook just like The Dark Knight Rises Nova fullslip.

I opened mine last night, I think there great slips and the steelbooks are brilliant for both Maze Runner & The Equalizer my only gripe is with the MASSIVE art cards these should of been sized to be able to go inside the steelbook so the slip fit prefectly over the steelbook just like The Dark Knight Rises Nova fullslip.

if I am not Mistaken Blufans has done the same thing with Kung Fu Panda 1 and 2, the envelop that contains the art card is the size of the FullSlip...and for me, I prefer to have the bonus card the size of slip, like as kung fu panda, it feels better quality to have those big art cards...

Definitely AASB, TMR, Equalizer, Dracula Untold and Hunger Games so far will all be in my Favorite top 10 releases of 2015 and they are not done yet I have a feeling Seventh Son will be added to the list and can't wait for John Wick also..and that is just the beginning :hilarious:

really well done package, actually I like the art/color of the slipcase more than the steelbook arts :D

I think it is one gem of a package, Amazing Slipcover, but also a truly well done WWA Steelbook, it is a very well designed and executed steel...and Amazing Photo Cards, actual size of the steel very nice, whole package is stunning.

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Definitely AASB, TMR, Equalizer, Dracula Untold and Hunger Games so far will all be in my Favorite top 10 releases of 2015 and they are not done yet I have a feeling Seventh Son will be added to the list and can't wait for John Wick also..and that is just the beginning :hilarious:
@Actarus , I agree these FilmArena steelbooks are really stepping it up.
I did get on Carllenc's list for Seventh Son. Thank god!
But I kinda feel like I got unintentionally sandbagged on the others! The images in the threads did not show what the actual steels would be. The Dracula Untold thread was just this.
image.jpg
If I had known it was going to be a more epic release...
image.jpg I would have been all over that!
(I ended up having to get it for too much on the secondary market...but, with so few copies made- there was no choice.)
But, I really like what they are doing. I'm glad Carllenc is helping us with GBs from there! (Kudos to him! :thumbs:) Seventh Son was a blind buy- so...fingers crossed!!
MG_64.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: harry
@C.C. 95 the reason being is that their beautyshot are for the purpose of when the release is ready and they can start the pre-orders for their website, it's available a bit before, but we are able to get the GB, but in order to get those Group buys, they are done earlier than what the final package will look like, most purchase were Blind Buys...we knew what they were doing but no final pictures... it will be like that with many group buys as you can see seventh son still not ready as the picture also not available, so we jump in blindly but it will be very nice I am sure...only reason why we are getting HG3 and Gods and... beautyshot is because the group buy is done close enough to their release date, so they are more ready than in the beginning. Maybe this will be like this for the future. now that they are getting the hang of it, maybe their beautyshot will be available while the GB is posted. and also are inceasing their print run, it started at 100, went up to 400 for both maze and EQ and they increased the print run for all 3 releases to 500(Dracula, Maze, EQ) but now HG3 print run was 1000 and now gods and... is 1500 so they seem to actually increase their print run I wonder if this will at one point if they over produce will it backfire ?

Last edited:
Reactions: C.C. 95
@C.C. 95 the reason being is that their beautyshot are for the purpose of when the release is ready and they can start the pre-orders for their website, it's available a bit before, but we are able to get the GB, but in order to get those Group buys, they are done earlier than what the final package will look like, most purchase were Blind Buys...we knew what they were doing but no final pictures... it will be like that with many group buys as you can see seventh son still not ready as the picture also not available, so we jump in blindly but it will be very nice I am sure...only reason why we are getting HG3 and Gods and... beautyshot is because the group buy is done close enough to their release date, so they are more ready than in the beginning. Maybe this will be like this for the future. now that they are getting the hang of it, maybe their beautyshot will be available while the GB is posted. and also are inceasing their print run, it started at 100, went up to 400 for both maze and EQ and they increased the print run for all 3 releases to 500(Dracula, Maze, EQ) but now HG3 print run was 1000 and now gods and... is 1500 so they seem to actually increase their print run I wonder if this will at one point if they over produce will it backfire ?
Thanks @Actarus! Good intel!:thumbs: Actually, from what you said, it sounds like they are cautiously nudging the print runs up to test the waters- bit by bit. (That is actually the way I would do it!) Kind of interesting to watch this in its infancy. It looks like they mean to be players... And that is exciting.
I don't sting that bad from missing the earlier ones.
You are bound to miss out on some things from time to time!
(That's when you sometimes get lucky and catch it at half the price 4 months later....sometimes...)*
image.jpg
*(Wow, I just did the Newt "Mostly..." line from ALIENS!):LOL:

Let's agree that April and May are already putting the smack down,
and maybe it's good I don't get everything.....
At least I knew Maze Runner wasn't for me and HG3 too... (But Dracula Untold looks fantastic.
Can't wait to see that one in hand!)
:D