Purchase links: 3D - 4K
Price: £24.99 (3D) - £29.99 (4K)

01-353983.jpg

02-353983.jpg03-353983.jpg

Previous Artwork:
01-317315.png

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 389659

Jaws is an all time classic, no getting away with it, it’s true. Granted a lot of so called classics haven’t aged well, but Jaws ain’t one of them.

The Thing, Bsck to the Future and others are all classics and Hollywood these days struggle to capture the magic that these films created. Not to say that all films out now are of not the same quality, there are many, but you’ll never beat Jaws!

My missus and eldest daughter (11) saw The Meg yesterday, and although my daughter enjoyed it, she even said it ain’t a patch on Jaws!

This!

Reactions: Steelselecta
We’re all arguing so much about whether Jaws is a classic (it is, in my top ten easily) we’re failing to articulate that HMV have announced a separate 4K/2D Steelbook release of The Meg and the thread needs modifying :-D

Old films = boring?
Especially with more and more classic older films being released nowadays - can only speak for the UK - by the boutique retailers from Arrow on their Academy label, Criterion, Powerhouse films and of course the BFI, Network Releasing and Eureka among others - maybe a good idea to have a separate thread where people can discuss boring and not so boring pre-1980s films (as a random cut off period) . . . at the same time mentioning the best retailers to find them on Blu-ray and, more importantly, the best prices.

Back on topic:-
DmUSrG_VAAAytqW.jpg:large

Last edited:
Reactions: StifflersDad
Now I would love these movies on steelbook

Yup, plenty of giant predatory carnivorous creature movies in steelbooks with Godzilla receiving probably more steelbook releases than all the others put together.

Only 4 shark films in steelbooks as far as I can remember . . . starting with the daddy of them all back in 2012 . . .
41681_large.jpg
121865_large.jpg
162005_large.jpg
213102_large.jpg

1534981772863.png
1534981714123.png

. . . and where are the decent killer croc / killer snake films in steelbooks like LAKE PLACID, ROGUE and ANACONDA ? . . . reason maybe because only very few are a good watch.

ROGUE (Dutch futurepak/steelbook?):-
1535105076212.png
1535105523503.png

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Edwin Carroll
Yup, plenty of giant predatory carnivorous creature movies in steelbooks with Godzilla receiving probably more steelbook releases than all the others put together.

Only 4 shark films in steelbooks as far as I can remember . . . starting with the daddy of them all back in 2012 . . .

. . . and where are the decent killer croc / killer snake films in steelbooks like LAKE PLACID, ROGUE and ANACONDA . . . reason maybe because only very few are a good watch.
rogue is a class movie i think there is a dutch steelbook edition?

Reactions: virkia
So instead of releasing a 4K and 3D version for 29.99, we now get 2 separate, with the 4K version on it's own costing 29.99!!

You would have thought with the increase in digital platforms they would try and encourage physical media sales, but continue to charge these prices surely isn't going to help.

So instead of releasing a 4K and 3D version for 29.99, we now get 2 separate, with the 4K version on it's own costing 29.99!!

You would have thought with the increase in digital platforms they would try and encourage physical media sales, but continue to charge these prices surely isn't going to help.
I think those are two different groups. The steelbooks are not bought by the average Joe, but collectors.
Streaming media and physical media (and especially 4K) are miles apart concerning PQ.

• Thanks
Reactions: hoppusdelonge
I think those are two different groups. The steelbooks are not bought by the average Joe, but collectors.
Streaming media and physical media (and especially 4K) are miles apart concerning PQ.

But, and this is just my IMO, they are starting to price people out.

Certainly I'm not prepared to pay 30 for a bog standard steelbook; so though I enjoy collecting steelbooks I'm not prepared to pay any price.

I'm sure I can't be the only one that thinks like that (though may be I am!!) so they would be losing custom.

But, and this is just my IMO, they are starting to price people out.

Certainly I'm not prepared to pay 30 for a bog standard steelbook; so though I enjoy collecting steelbooks I'm not prepared to pay any price.

I'm sure I can't be the only one that thinks like that (though may be I am!!) so they would be losing custom.

No you're not the only one, I've refused to buy any of the £30 steelbooks, as I'd effectively be paying £10 in 4K tax. I'm reasonably happy to pay £25 for a 3d steelbook with decent art (like this) though. I just hope standard 2D releases don't start to creep up to £25.

Reactions: JayWhit
Artwork still TBC?

At least better than this mock-up just popped up for France . . . the title, apart from reminding me of the classic Simon and Garfinkel song , fits in well with LES DENTS DE LA MER . . .
1537625215834.png
/
1537629006596.png

. . . and just happens to be the same as an earlier mock-up for the UK.
1537625173242.png
/
1537625513135.png

One possibility is that we get 2 different steelbooks - profile shark on 4K steelbook and face-on shark on 3D steelbook. . . . another possibility is the profile shark on all . . . another possibility (lol) is neither and they end up using my favourite - the mock-up for Australia . . .
1537626226138.png

Not forgetting the tradition of fully submerged sharks on shark steelbooks . . .
$_86.JPG
s-l300.jpg
The_Shallows_Full_Slip_Limited_SteelBook_Edition_Black_Barons_Collection_12.jpg

. . .apart from SHARKNADO (for obvious reasons):-
Sharknado-Steelbook-blu-ray.jpg

Last edited:
im kinda wary of ordering a HMV exclusive after the whole A Quiet Place HMV steely shambles.
US got a MUCH better steel. So maybe to be safe I will get US version if art is good obv.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
After a little digging the release date MIGHT be December 17 but don't hold me to that. That would put its release almost one whole month later than the US release. I might have to cancel this and preorder the US edition instead but I'm going to wait since the artwork is still TBC, if it's different than the US edition then I might or might not hold on to it.

I like how tiny that speargun is compared to the shark. However, its Jason Statham.. prolly toss the speargun and kick the sharks ass with his bare hands and feet :) oh. i haven't seen the movie yet but the image of him doing that cracks me up.

I like how tiny that speargun is compared to the shark. However, its Jason Statham.. prolly toss the speargun and kick the sharks ass with his bare hands and feet :) oh. i haven't seen the movie yet but the image of him doing that cracks me up.
He's Jason Statham, not Chuck Norris.