Release date: December 10, 2018
Purchase links: 3D - 4K
Price: £24.99 (3D) - £29.99 (4K)

01-353983.jpg

02-353983.jpg03-353983.jpg

Previous Artwork:
01-317315.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Havent seen it yet but i think its more in the vein of Piranha than anything else.
It's a "12A" certificate so maybe not quite in the same vein as any of the PIRANHA films although the poster idea would be fun.

As for the artwork: would be fun to see aJAWS or PIRANHA homage . . .
1533923023273.png
1533923285686.png
1533923488925.png
1533923957330.png

. . . or even JURASSIC PARK style:-
1533923219012.png

. . . and re: tooth size - just to keep the JURASSIC PARK reference going (Meg vs. Rexy):-
1533925148243.png
w/ longest Meg tooth found to date 7 1/4" (184mm)
1533925298638.png

As for my favourite shark film - even though a shark is rarely seen - it's got to be OPEN WATER

Last edited:
Reactions: robbodoc
Ok, so Jaws is untouchable, but I don't understand why they have to turn these films cheesy? I haven't yet seen The Meg but when I first saw snippets I had high hopes that this film could be something special.
Parts of the trailer look decent and parts look silly. Why can't they go down the 'serious' route? I mean, looking back on Jaws there are some silly moments in there of course but it's stood the test of time because of when it was made.
Nothing like that will happen now. We won't remember The Meg in 30 years from now and I don't get why these films aren't being made to be serious (well, as serious as a prehistoric shark attacking you can be that is).

Watched the trailer and I think this film is gonna be a hoot! Something that you don't need to get invested in, can put on for a easy watch. I may just get this steelbook, ideally using my HMV points so I get it free. lol

Ok, so Jaws is untouchable, but I don't understand why they have to turn these films cheesy? I haven't yet seen The Meg but when I first saw snippets I had high hopes that this film could be something special.
Parts of the trailer look decent and parts look silly. Why can't they go down the 'serious' route? I mean, looking back on Jaws there are some silly moments in there of course but it's stood the test of time because of when it was made.
Nothing like that will happen now. We won't remember The Meg in 30 years from now and I don't get why these films aren't being made to be serious (well, as serious as a prehistoric shark attacking you can be that is).

There has been the ocasional serious treatment, The Shalows for example

• Thanks
Reactions: Steelselecta
Trailer looked awful to me, and I've been told the film is exactly that... I'll pass.

There has been the ocasional serious treatment, The Shalows for example

Yeah but that ending was as ridiculous as anything that happens in the deep blue sea lol. Really didn’t like the shallows

What’s that other recent one with Mandy Moore? That wasn’t bad

Reactions: jaffajakes
This was always going to be cheesey :shipped:

Its statham fighting megalodon! Lol
Watched the trailer and I think this film is gonna be a hoot! Something that you don't need to get invested in, can put on for a easy watch. I may just get this steelbook, ideally using my HMV points so I get it free. lol
Trailer looked awful to me, and I've been told the film is exactly that... I'll pass.

Watched it this afternoon, and some critics must have watched a different film! it is AWESOMELY HILARIOUSLY entertaining" I don't listen to others opinions because they are worthless, this film ROCKS! Stath V Shark! HELL YEAH! ordered and will be buying all premiums too! :thumbs::naughty::cool: