Release date: May 23, 2016
Purchase link: The Mist
Price: £14.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

11243880-8494363308095367.jpg

11243880-1234363308586173.jpg

11243880-1754363308401841.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Secondary market prices on this title have been ridiculous over the last fortnight since this went out of stock.. Amazon listing £40 plus with ebay rates similar.. To be expected perhaps..an item going out of stock focuses the mind!

Darabonts original vision in black & white. Although the b/w version is 19 seconds shorter. The DC version is cut in two takes (logo and blackscreens are not taken into consideration) and this makes the color version run 19 additional seconds.

Movie didn't do much for me upon first viewing but it's grown on me. Felt the same about Fury Road. :rofl:

Now both movies are among my favorite

Last edited:
I thought about waiting for another price drop and doing @Flloydo style and Zavvi were teasing us with the 'sold out' but thought sod it paid the full price with discount. 10 mins later thought about ordering another as it might come in handy and just gone like that!

I just hope mine one comes mint and a lot of steels I've received arent mint.

If it does come back in stock I wouldn't wait any longer! I can this steel scalping quite well!

(And yes I will shoot you :) )

Reactions: Flloydo
I can see this having the same fate as whiplash mate. Back in and out, in and out and then a decent drop.

Well I hope anyway

(Don't shoot me if I'm wrong)
Hmm it's always hard to call, especially with Zavvi... I'm not too sure about this one though, as it's pretty limited and seems to be a popular title. I'll keep my fingers crossed and also prepare my gun just in case you're wrong. :naughty: :dead:

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk and Flloydo
When they said it was back in stock earlier (I hadn't even noticed it went out of stock) anyway I looked on ebay to see if it was any cheaper than zavvi but none were(there were very few on ebay) so I made an order with zavvi straight away.. glad I did now. I rented the film on release and enjoyed it so I later bought the blu ray with the black & white version but I still haven't got around to watching it:emb::emb:..so I'll watch the steelbook. . I remember it being funny.. maybe it was just silly I can't remember but I know I enjoyed it so I'm looking forward to watching it again.. steel is a bonus cos I liked the art when it was first announced.. rambling:bag:

Hopefully it'll pop back up for you both @Noodles and @Flloydo :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
Hmm it's always hard to call, especially with Zavvi... I'm not too sure about this one though, as it's pretty limited and seems to be a popular title. I'll keep my fingers crossed and also prepare my gun just in case you're wrong. :naughty: :dead:

I'll try and grab you a copy if it comes back in stock. If it does it won't last long unless they got a whole shed full of them. @Flloydo can keep waiting for the price drop :p

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
@chunk I did the same, saw not many copies and like £45! I thought what was going on and Zavvi messing us around. This title had never dropped in price. It's unusual for a catalogue movie not to budge in price. Not many catalogue movies have passed the Zavvi 'sold out' test.

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
Hmmmm

I may be on my own here then

Tbh your all prob right, but I can be quite patient with zavvi unless its Marvel

• Thanks
When they said it was back in stock earlier (I hadn't even noticed it went out of stock) anyway I looked on ebay to see if it was any cheaper than zavvi but none were(there were very few on ebay) so I made an order with zavvi straight away.. glad I did now. I rented the film on release and enjoyed it so I later bought the blu ray with the black & white version but I still haven't got around to watching it:emb::emb:..so I'll watch the steelbook. . I remember it being funny.. maybe it was just silly I can't remember but I know I enjoyed it so I'm looking forward to watching it again.. steel is a bonus cos I liked the art when it was first announced.. rambling:bag:

Hopefully it'll pop back up for you both @Noodles and @Flloydo :thumbs:
I've been checking eBay ever since it sold out on Zavvi the first time around, and the prices have been ridiculous! So obviously £14.99 seems like a really good price now. :p

Glad you managed to get yourself one. :)

I'll try and grab you a copy if it comes back in stock. If it does it won't last long unless they got a whole shed full of them. @Flloydo can keep waiting for the price drop :p
Thanks a lot buddy! I appreciate that. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: sunnyx and chunk
There is only one on ebay and its £45. Normally you can tell when they are properly scalped when you see a dozen of them listed and flooding ebay with auctions and BIN. I wonder where the 2000 copies are gone. That is by no means a small print run for an old title. It's a good movie but it's not a Marvel or a major franchise or anything. I am curious where they disappeared. Perhaps the other half have fell off the plane somewhere lol

• Thanks
There is only one on ebay and its £45. Normally you can tell when they are properly scalped when you a dozen of them listed and flooding ebay with auctions and BIN. I wonder where the 2000 copies are gone. That is by no means a small print run for an old title. It's a good movie but it's not a Marvel or a major franchise or anything. I am curious where they disappeared. Perhaps the other half have fell off the plane somewhere lol

The other thing is they may be getting more stock from their supplier. Zavvi don't always have 2000 or more depending on print run sitting in their warehouse.

Happens all the time, going out of stock sometimes up to a month or more and then back in stock for months and with drops etc

And I'm pretty sure I'm some cases re printed or extra stock for the damaged items.

Cabin fever is this kind of title and the steel is a lovely gloss, the glossiest I've seen and it's been at £5.99 previously, same print run but I've already had 3 before I settled on my fourth due to so many scratches etc so I sent them all back. I know that was a big issue for loads of people so they might get certain titles re printed or print extra stock for that reason.
Cabin fever should of sold out ages ago, cult, neiche or not. The price and steel alone plus directors cut

Whereas the likes of sleepy hollow get one batch and that's it, half normal and half damaged lol

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk and Flash
@chunk I did the same, saw not many copies, and like £45! I thought what was going on and Zavvi messing us around. This title had never dropped in price. It's unusual for a catalogue movie not to budge in price. Not many catalogue movies have passed the Zavvi 'sold out' test.
Just looked again.. £44.99 is the only UK one on there and then £70 odd for the other one from an international seller:OMG:... I wonder where they've all gone too
I've been checking eBay ever since it sold out on Zavvi the first time around, and the prices have been ridiculous! So obviously £14.99 seems like a really good price now
Definitely... £13.49 from zavvi does seem like a bargain now.. I am glad I picked it up but I really thought this one would get a good price drop first.. I know there's only 2,000 but with some titles even 2,000 is difficult to shift.
Like @Flloydo says you really don't know how a release is gonna sell, and sometimes it sells out and is gone for good and other times a steel will continually bounce in and out of stock for ages, I always wonder if more steels have been printed when somethings been out of stock for a long period of time.. then just turns up and stays in stock for ages:naughty:

I remember people saying that when a steel print run is ordered, the retailer has to get no less than 4,000 steelbook's.. and when zavvi have done this 1,000 or 2,000 print run in the past they seem to have shared the print run with other countries.. but there have been a few 2,000 steels lately that I haven't seen the remaining 2,000 turn up anywhere like amazon de etc.. have the rules changed as to how many can be printed in a single order?

I'll tag you guys if I see it come back in stock:thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
If this is how I think this will go, The Mist can be a repeat of Big Trouble In Little China, although not a Zavvi exclusive, so far it has played out pretty much the same. Was released at £16.99 and most of us waited for a price drop. It did drop in price to £14.99 for a few days deal and then bumped back upto £16.99. Again everyone waited until it was sold out and properly gone for good. Now everyone is kicking themselves. Similar time scales as well. Now that steel is worth at least £60 - £70 on auction guaranteed on bids for an opened mint. BTILC crept right under our noses and no one thought. Could this be the same? Time will tell. There aren't many floating around at all. Where have all the copies gone? Who knows. Maybe the studios decided not to actually bother with the next batch. These aren't numbered so we will never really know if all 2000 copies were sold or half of them never even arrived to Zavvi.

I managed to get one today, but it is possible this could be like Whiplash, as mentioned above, or Apocalypse Now, which was sold out for some time and then came back in stock at a lower price and is still available, I think....