Purchase link: The Mist
Price: £14.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

11243880-8494363308095367.jpg

11243880-1234363308586173.jpg

11243880-1754363308401841.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's it. I'm DONE with Zavvi.

It's just as bad as I feared. Yeah I'm sure a few people will like it, but I'm sick to death of this crap. Just because they could use pop-art doesn't mean they should and - like many other pop-art releases - I personally don't think it remotely suits the film in question. If I want a comic book I'll go and read one - I don't want it plastered all over my favourite movies that have zero association with comics and/or pop-art.

I'm so tired of having arguments about zavvi steels, the disappointments that surround almost every. single. release, and the overall negativity that zavvi has brought to the steelbook scene. I just don't have the energy to fight against this sort of thing any more and I don't plan on posting in any zavvi steelbook threads unless I'm specifically tagged or replied to.

Sorry for the rant guys, but having waited so long for this I'm genuinely gutted about this release :(.

• Informative
Reactions: Scary Hair
i have no idea, saw somebody on another forum using it, i thought it looked very creepy, like he is gonna say, WANNA PLAY ? :naughty:

It looks like Chris Cunningham,
He is "Aphex twin" and he's a electro/ ambient/ techno messed up musician (window licker is a great song though) and he is very creepy (if it's him) and very random. He apparently lives in a submarine.
Check the video out for windowlicker.

Sorry to take this of course lol

Anyway I keep looking at the art and I love it. Images kinda remind me of cloverfield (the 2 types of creature)

Reactions: luke98
Love this movie and would have bought the steel if the artwork was good,
I already have this on blu ray so I think I will just stick with that.
Thanks for the crap artwork Zavvi you have saved me some money
because if it was good I wouldn't have been able to resist.

This movie was so insanely ridiculous that it actually becomes like a comedy. It's barely even watchable unless you're willing to have some fun with it.
I swear on my life that every character was instructed to always do the absolute dumbest possible thing at every opportunity that they had.

The problem with that kind of directing/storyline is that it quickly comes to the point where you say this every time someone dies "uh... yep, he deserved it".

OMFG!
More than any ending in the history of all cinema, this ending literally makes you wants to peck your own eyes out after the scene with the family in the car.

Needless to say... I will not be adding this steelbook to my collection.
You mean you don't enjoy the "Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!"???
Absolutely laughable ending. And yes. All the characters act exactly according to their stereotype- like in every single Stephen King story ever.
How this writer is beloved is beyond me. *Hey, here's a story!- a group of strangers from different walks of life must band together to defeat the ______ that threatens humanity. (The "Blank" Is usually filled in by whatever King happens to see at that particular moment while he is writing - Cell Phone, Dog, Car, Hotel.
He writes the same book over and over. He is a summer beach book author who somehow got popular.

Reactions: jimmyv
I like the fact Zavvi don't advertise the Steelbooks much when they get new artbook on their Facebook page

I think we all know why....

I like the way Zavvi are displaying photos of the J card (front and back) on their site for this release.

I've just realised this is from eone and the other steelbooks I've had from them had a good finish (eg: Enders Game)

You mean you don't enjoy the "Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!"???
Absolutely laughable ending. And yes. All the characters act exactly according to their stereotype- like in every single Stephen King story ever.
How this writer is beloved is beyond me. *Hey, here's a story!- a group of strangers from different walks of life must band together to defeat the ______ that threatens humanity. (The "Blank" Is usually filled in by whatever King happens to see at that particular moment while he is writing - Cell Phone, Dog, Car, Hotel.
He writes the same book over and over. He is a summer beach book author who somehow got popular.
Yeah..that Stephen King. What a hack!
Every single Stephen King story ever? Ok...here's a few that aren't what you just described.
Carrie, The Shining, The Dead Zone, Cujo, Pet Semetary, It, Misery, Children of the Corn, Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption, Apt Pupil, Quitters Inc, Lawnmower Man....I could go on and on.
Ok...The Mist, Salem's Lot,The Tommyknockers,The Langoliers and The Stand have that "band of strangers come together to defeat evil" vibe. But....the guy has 54 novels, nearly 200 short stories, and a handful of screenplays. I guess if you wanna lump in "a group of friends defeat evil"...you can take It, and The Body (aka "Stand By Me). But, seriously...if you think he writes about the same thing every time...you haven't seen (or read) his entire list of work.

Yeah..that Stephen King. What a hack!
Every single Stephen King story ever? Ok...here's a few that aren't what you just described.
Carrie, The Shining, The Dead Zone, Cujo, Pet Semetary, It, Misery, Children of the Corn, Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption, Apt Pupil, Quitters Inc, Lawnmower Man....I could go on and on.
Ok...The Mist, Salem's Lot,The Tommyknockers,The Langoliers and The Stand have that "band of strangers come together to defeat evil" vibe. But....the guy has 54 novels, nearly 200 short stories, and a handful of screenplays. I guess if you wanna lump in "a group of friends defeat evil"...you can take It, and The Body (aka "Stand By Me). But, seriously...if you think he writes about the same thing every time...you haven't seen (or read) his entire list of work.
Well, last two thing I read were The Cell, and Under The Dome. And it was the same thing.
He deviates a bit, sure- but you can always guarantee certain things in all his stories. (Alcohalics, crazy religious types, special snowflake kid with disability, psychic powers). I'm truly baffled by his popularity. If I gave you galleys of a new Dean Koontz book and told you it was the galleys of the new Stephen King book- I bet you couldn't tell the difference. I just never saw his writing stand out in any special way.

Reactions: Derek
Well, last two thing I read were The Cell, and Under The Dome. And it was the same thing.
He deviates a bit, sure- but you can always guarantee certain things in all his stories. (Alcohalics, crazy religious types, special snowflake kid with disability, psychic powers). I'm truly baffled by his popularity. If I gave you galleys of a new Dean Koontz book and told you it was the galleys of the new Stephen King book- I bet you couldn't tell the difference. I just never saw his writing stand out in any special way.
I will give you this...he does like his damaged hero. The protagonist is many times, writer. Especially his early stuff. And lots of drunks. But, I would say he's writing himself a lot into these books. And that's what he knows.
Not everyone likes the same thing. I happen to think he writes some pretty good stuff. They usually do not turn out to be good movies. I haven't read any of the newer stuff...so, maybe he is more predictable now. But, he's turned out some great novels in his early years.
Of course...this is all IMO!