The Most Expensive Blu-ray Steelbooks in the World

Oct 26, 2011
UK
This is for single editions 'Sealed' steelbooks in the original packaging and stickers.
One Clicks / Box sets do not count.
Please use this as a GUIDE only. Opinions can be very subjective.
List is updating over time, appreciate your patience!

THE CURRENT TOP TEN - UPDATED 04 JUNE 2018
  1. Wolf in the Wall Street Filmarena FAC #70 (CZ)
  2. John Rambo Amazon.de (GER)
  3. As Above So Below Filmarena FAC #1 (CZ)
  4. Iron Man Future Shop (CA)
  5. As Above So Below Unnumbered Filmarena FAC #1 (CZ)
  6. Doctor Who Series 9 Amazon.uk (UK)
  7. Spring Steel Archive (GER) ???
  8. Elektra Filmarena FAC #11 (CZ)
  9. Thor Blufans Lenticular (CN)
  10. Terminator 2 Version 2.0 (JP)
  11. .
  12. .
  13. .
FILMARENA
  1. Wolf in the Wall Street FAC #70
  2. As Above So Below FAC #1
  3. As Above So Below Unnumbered FAC #1
  4. Elektra FAC #11
  5. Heat FAC #2
  6. Interview with the Vampire FAC #3
  7. Maze Runner FAC #4
BLUFANS
  1. Thor Lenticular
  2. Spider-Man Homecoming 4K UHD OAB

HDZETA

1. Blade Runner 2049 4K UHD Silver Label
  2. The Man from UNCLE Silver Label
  3. Wonder Woman Double Lenticular Gold Label

KIMCHIDVD

:coffee:

NOVAMEDIA

:coffee:

Last edited:
LE GRANDE BLEU can kiss my le grande ass! I don't care how 'Valuable" some people might think it is, in the end it is a movie that many never have heard of nor care about. Thank God "Let The Bullets Fly" isn't on this list because I feel the same way about that steel! Now on the other hand...Iron Man, John Rambo, Wanted, Transformers 2 are all awesome movies with even more amazing STEELS!

T2 V.2 is only "Valuable" because of a fancy slip (and lossless audio. I am aware)...I'm sorry but I'm not into the "fancy slip" game. I know ALOT of members here are so I will tread lightly about that issue...but at the end of the day it's just a piece of paper over a steel that made YOU pay a few hundred dollars more.

With that being said...here is my list

1. Iron Man FS
2. John Rambo DE
3. Inglourious Basterds FS
4. Wanted DE
5. ndependence Day
6. Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen FS
7. Moulin Rouge & Romeo & Juliet Ironpacks (TIE)
8. Girl With The Dragon Tattoo JP
9. SUCKER PUNCH SDCC
10. The Raid (Yes, I went there)

Of course everyone has their own opinions and I am definitely NOT here to step on anyone's toes, but bottom line is I will NOT pay TOP DOLLAR for a crappy movie just because it has a fancy slip or a limited print run...and if YOU feel that is the case, well then you should go stock up on the new Total Recall JP version! It will be be right up you're alley! :hilarious:

I think I will edit the thread to add 'valuable' means the most 'expensive' and 'highly priced' steelz to avoid confusion. This thread is not 'top' or 'best' steelz.

Thread edited now.

DJ - Thank you for your comments, but I think you misunderstood this thread. The list you have mentioned is what is valuable to you, that's fine. However, this thread defines valuable as the most expensive and highly priced steelz. For example The Raid is £35 so would not be in the top ten, that is a fact. However, it is a matter of opinion what is valuable to you, that is your personal opinion but this is NOT the thread for your personal favourite steelz, it is everyon's opinion:WHICH ARE THE MOST EXPENSIVE, VALUABLE, HIGHLY PRICED STEELBOOKS.

Thanks for your personal list, some great steelz you listed there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sigill
LE GRANDE BLEU can kiss my le grande ass! I don't care how 'Valuable" some people might think it is, in the end it is a movie that many never have heard of nor care about. Thank God "Let The Bullets Fly" isn't on this list because I feel the same way about that steel! Now on the other hand...Iron Man, John Rambo, Wanted, Transformers 2 are all awesome movies with even more amazing STEELS!

T2 V.2 is only "Valuable" because of a fancy slip (and lossless audio. I am aware)...I'm sorry but I'm not into the "fancy slip" game. I know ALOT of members here are so I will tread lightly about that issue...but at the end of the day it's just a piece of paper over a steel that made YOU pay a few hundred dollars more.

1. Iron Man FS
2. John Rambo DE
4. Wanted DE
5. ndependence Day
9. SUCKER PUNCH SDCC

Of course everyone has their own opinions and I am definitely NOT here to step on anyone's toes, but bottom line is I will NOT pay TOP DOLLAR for a crappy movie just because it has a fancy slip or a limited print run...and if YOU feel that is the case, well then you should go stock up on the new Total Recall JP version! It will be be right up you're alley! :hilarious:

Interesting that you have MR + RJ in your list. Surely they are precisely what you don't like. Art house films with small print runs that many will have never heard about, just like Le Grand Bleu.

Anyway, good list.

Hey sunny

In the UK section you have Terminator Salvation down as HMV exclusive but wasn't it Play.com exclusive?

Also, where does Sucker Punch SDCC sit in all this, as it is consistantly more valuable than a few that are mentioned / listed

Cheers and keep up the good work :)

Reactions: sunnyx
Hey sunny

In the UK section you have Terminator Salvation down as HMV exclusive but wasn't it Play.com exclusive?

Also, where does Sucker Punch SDCC sit in all this, as it is consistantly more valuable than a few that are mentioned / listed

Cheers and keep up the good work :)

oops, I change it to Play.com, thanks for pointing it out.

SDCC won't be in the top ten but I estimate a price to be around £100 - 120. Still a rare and expensive steel to get :)

But for top 10 of the most expensive steelz the minimum is around £200 which is Inglourious Basterds and Indy 4 worth about £150 - £200.

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Good job sunny! Do you not think Sweeney Todd with booklet play exclusive should be on the U.K list.

Sure, if you think so, don't know too much about ST so advice where to rank be appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoneism
Don't worry, I wasn't suggesting SP SDCC into the overall top 10. It was more that you have secondary lists for FS, Germany and UK and it is more valuable than a few of those

I appreciate the aim isn't to have loads of sub-lists but just thought I'd highlight it compared to the others

oops, I change it to Play.com, thanks for pointing it out.

SDCC won't be in the top ten but I estimate a price to be around £100 - 120. Still a rare and expensive steel to get :)

But for top 10 of the most expensive steelz the minimum is around £200 which is Inglourious Basterds and Indy 4 worth about £150 - £200.

Sure, if you think so, don't know too much about ST so advice where to rank be appreciated.

Hey sunny, it used to go for a lot, around the £100 mark but you don't see too many of them these days to gauge it. I think it's worth £60-80, there's an auction now on ebay here and its at £62 now. I would guess it would be around 4th just above Metropolis.

Last edited:
Reactions: sunnyx

1. Iron Man FS
2. John Rambo DE
4. Wanted DE
5. ndependence Day
9. SUCKER PUNCH SDCC

I agree with alot of what you're saying my man. Especially about the T2 black edition. By the numbers, at 3ooo print run, it is not even remotely close to being the rarest. That number puts it in the league of the recent Play.com releases. Measured by "artwork', Its totally black with "T2" written on it. The worst part is its encased in a slipcase. To me, its like having a super model body, then hiding it under a burka (those long black dresses, with the black vale over the face that middle east women wear). But hey, the important thing is collectors really really like it lol.

Your list I mostly agree with, but I think that "Wanted" has fallen a long ways. A list like this is changing constantly. JR has sold for over $1000 ( closer to $1500) 3 times in a row now. I highly suspect that IM would be in that similar range, if it shows up in auction. The whole landscape of the older "blue banners" has changed. My list would have to include FS T Sal and FF VII advent. 2 steels, that just like the T2 Black edition, has not been seen at auction for years (a mint sealed one that is). Look at the price T2 black fetched, and its not even rare.

Reactions: DJ IXS

1. Iron Man FS
2. John Rambo DE
4. Wanted DE
5. ndependence Day
9. SUCKER PUNCH SDCC

If you want to play that game, then how about you include all steelbooks are just made up of a small amount of tin. Probably less than a $1 worth.

Its all about the ART. Paintings are only a piece of paper with ink on it, yet some of them fetch millions.

lol, what's UK 3. District 12? District 9 with the big prawn intended?

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

DE 10. John Rambo (Media Markt) > Should be added: Uncut disc?

Hey mate, need to re-visit this. Blackberry and I know 2 people who have been collecting steels since the very beginning, way before either of us. Both of them, separately, say that Le Grand Bleu never came sealed from Amazon JP. They came in a high quality polybag. So there is no legit shrink-wrapped copy, in their opinion. No offence to anyone who is selling a sealed copy...

Anyone has a sealed copy which they received from Amazon JP?

Reactions: Marina Blue
Hey mate, need to re-visit this. Blackberry and I know 2 people who have been collecting steels since the very beginning, way before either of us. Both of them, separately, say that Le Grand Bleu never came sealed from Amazon JP. They came in a high quality polybag. So there is no legit shrink-wrapped copy, in their opinion. No offence to anyone who is selling a sealed copy...

Anyone has a sealed copy which they received from Amazon JP?

Yeah we discussed about this before. I have seen a sealed one on ebay but I presume it has been re-sealed.

So we cannot verify if LGB is new and sealed because it isn't sealed. The best we can do for this is Like New condition. For everyone's information LGB sold for $1000 on ebay and the condition is not mint either from the description on ebay as there are a few scratch marks. I be curious to know what a mint flawless condition LGB would sell for?

Here are some links for recent big sale on LGB and Terminator Salvation TW

Le Grande Bleu sold for $1000

Terminator Salvation sold for $550

Reactions: Marina Blue