The Most Expensive Blu-ray Steelbooks in the World

Oct 26, 2011
UK
This is for single editions 'Sealed' steelbooks in the original packaging and stickers.
One Clicks / Box sets do not count.
Please use this as a GUIDE only. Opinions can be very subjective.
List is updating over time, appreciate your patience!

THE CURRENT TOP TEN - UPDATED 04 JUNE 2018
  1. Wolf in the Wall Street Filmarena FAC #70 (CZ)
  2. John Rambo Amazon.de (GER)
  3. As Above So Below Filmarena FAC #1 (CZ)
  4. Iron Man Future Shop (CA)
  5. As Above So Below Unnumbered Filmarena FAC #1 (CZ)
  6. Doctor Who Series 9 Amazon.uk (UK)
  7. Spring Steel Archive (GER) ???
  8. Elektra Filmarena FAC #11 (CZ)
  9. Thor Blufans Lenticular (CN)
  10. Terminator 2 Version 2.0 (JP)
  11. .
  12. .
  13. .
FILMARENA
  1. Wolf in the Wall Street FAC #70
  2. As Above So Below FAC #1
  3. As Above So Below Unnumbered FAC #1
  4. Elektra FAC #11
  5. Heat FAC #2
  6. Interview with the Vampire FAC #3
  7. Maze Runner FAC #4
BLUFANS
  1. Thor Lenticular
  2. Spider-Man Homecoming 4K UHD OAB

HDZETA

1. Blade Runner 2049 4K UHD Silver Label
  2. The Man from UNCLE Silver Label
  3. Wonder Woman Double Lenticular Gold Label

KIMCHIDVD

:coffee:

NOVAMEDIA

:coffee:

Last edited:
Sunny, thanks for your additions for the Asian Top 10. Again, you are almost spot-on in your ranking, well done! MI4 TW is really a dark horse, isnt it?

The only missing one, where value is higher than the 10th one, but not much of a slip, is 2012 JP.

Sunny, thanks for your additions for the Asian Top 10. Again, you are almost spot-on in your ranking, well done! MI4 TW is really a dark horse, isnt it?

The only missing one, where value is higher than the 10th one, but not much of a slip, is 2012 JP.

I do my best :)

MI4 really is a dark horse, I remembered it was available for cost price thinking I like the China one with tags better and I was so wrong!

2012 JP, don't really have much clue on that one, been very hidden, I see socrates has one for $500 BIN! Paul JP is a few hundred dollars. I need to have some confirmation on these expensive Asian slips before allowing them in the top ten. I don't want to give collectors the false impression of the most expensive steelbooks.

Update - added 2012 JP and Paul JP after some debating!

Last edited:
I do my best :)

MI4 really is a dark horse, I remembered it was available for cost price thinking I like the China one with tags better and I was so wrong!

2012 JP, don't really have much clue on that one, been very hidden, I see socrates has one for $500 BIN! Paul JP is a few hundred dollars. I need to have some confirmation on these expensive Asian slips before allowing them in the top ten. I don't want to give collectors the false impression of the most expensive steelbooks.

Update - added 2012 JP and Paul JP after some debating!

Tell me about it, we were all banking on the CN version with tags to be the one to get...

A copy of 2012 JP sold for US$400 a few months ago, that was when I realised this is the 2012 to get.

Paul JP? Erm, I think this will slip in value now, given the recent Amazon JP offer, so there is going to be a good 500-600 copies in the market come December...

Hey sunny great idea for a thread! This must have taken some time and effort!

I think Death Proof Germany is in with a shout for top 10. Although, it's hard to see which one it would beat to get in. Shogun Assassin sealed is quite a big deal on eBay. I suspect The Raid and Terminator will eventually break into the top 10 UK as well.. And maybe Alien Anthology. I've got a few more but i'll end up arguing with myself so i'll leave it alone. Damn this is hard.

I think Death Proof Germany is in with a shout for top 10. Although, it's hard to see which one it would beat to get in. Shogun Assassin sealed is quite a big deal on eBay. I suspect The Raid and Terminator will eventually break into the top 10 UK as well.. And maybe Alien Anthology. I've got a few more but i'll end up arguing with myself so i'll leave it alone. Damn this is hard.

Thanks for your input, and yes it does take a long time to place them in the rank order :)

Death Proof - would help where about's in the top ten?

Raid/Terminator would remain outside the top unless the ones listed will drop in price.

Added - I'll look into Shogun Assassin. If we get a few more UK steelz going I may start creating additional lists just for Play.com and HMV like the FNAC and FS lists.

Last edited:
IMHO...for FNAC

1. The Dark Knight
2. Body of Lies
3. Terminator Renaissance
4. Inglourious Basterds
5. Wolverine
6. Shutter Island
7. Tron 3D (not boxset)
8. Gran Torino
9. Hell Boy 2
10. Babylon

I have excluded Inception with Briefcase

I don't think Death Proof de would make the list, they go for around £40-50 from what I have seen so not as valuable as Sucker Punch 1st release. Shogun Assasin does seem to be quite valuable though, this just finished on ebay the other day here for £62. I haven't seen any other listings though so I don't know whether this was a one off or it regularly goes for around this price.

Last edited:
Made a few changes to the Asian 'slip' list. The main lists, steelbooks/IP's have not changed and likely to remain the same for a while.

my fnac exclusive valuable and rare ranking:

- TDK
- Thor
- Terminator renaissance
- Wolverine
- Gran Torino
- Inglourious Basterds
- Hellboy II
- Mensonges d'etat
- Shutter Island
- Tron
- Sucker Punch (G1)
- Clash of Titan (G1)
- Babylon AD
- Transformers trilogy (stickerbook)
- Conan 3D

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Australia:

- Green Zone
- Sucker Punch
- Tron Legacy
- Avengers
- Prometheus

French

add Ninja Assassin, Pirates, Pulp Fiction to fnac series

I have made some adjustment to the Korean steelbooks. I have moved Terminator off the top spot because, despite two high value sales of approximately $300 I can recall, it has not consistently demanded it's place to be in the top list.

One of the sales is actually from Socrates who paid $300 for The Terminator Korea and listed it for $500. After no interests he is now listing this for $212.

Ebay Link

The Terminator HK

Alien quad Korea

Safe house Korea

Chip I need more information on these Korean releases, consistent sales before I can rank them accordingly. I see a lot of these steelz placed high prices on ebay but they are only worth that value if people regularly pay these prices.

my fnac exclusive valuable and rare ranking:

- TDK
- Thor
- Terminator renaissance
- Wolverine
- Gran Torino
- Inglourious Basterds
- Hellboy II
- Mensonges d'etat
- Shutter Island
- Tron
- Sucker Punch (G1)
- Clash of Titan (G1)
- Babylon AD
- Transformers trilogy (stickerbook)
- Conan 3D

Australia:

- Green Zone
- Sucker Punch
- Tron Legacy
- Avengers
- Prometheus

French

add Ninja Assassin, Pirates, Pulp Fiction to fnac series

Thank you for the list Laurent and I will consider them.

Are Ninja, Pirates Pulp FNAC releases with 'FNAC' stickers? If not they can be added to a new list for ALL French releases.

In regards to Australian releases, I will need to do some further research before creating a list.

Thanks everyone!

Are Ninja, Pirates Pulp FNAC releases with 'FNAC' stickers? If not they can be added to a new list for ALL French releases.

In regards to Australian releases, I will need to do some further research before creating a list.

Thanks everyone!

Pirates and Pulp are not Fnac exclusives, no Fnac sticker. They are just rare french steels. ;) Thanks for this work !!

Reactions: sunnyx
I have made some adjustment to the Korean steelbooks. I have moved Terminator off the top spot because, despite two high value sales of approximately $300 I can recall, it has not consistently demanded it's place to be in the top list.

One of the sales is actually from Socrates who paid $300 for The Terminator Korea and listed it for $500. After no interests he is now listing this for $212.

Ebay Link

Chip I need more information on these Korean releases, consistent sales before I can rank them accordingly. I see a lot of these steelz placed high prices on ebay but they are only worth that value if people regularly pay these prices.

Thanks everyone!

ok no problem.

Notice that Wolverine is a fnac exclusive like Thor, Ninja Assassin, Machete and others but no fnac banner.

i don't know how you are ranking but i can assure you that the Body of lies fnac is more valuable and rare than Conan 3D or Babylon AD

My french rank:

- TDK fnac
- Ninja Assassin
- Thor
- Wolverine
- Gran Torino fnac
- Pulp Fiction
- Inglourious Basterds fnac
- Hellboy II fnac
- Body of lies fnac
- Shutter island fnac
- Tron fnac