Premium Supporter
Oct 29, 2014
Release date: October 27, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €18.99

1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I am still puzzled about the commentary , it supossed to have an audio commentary with Refn and the editor and not the one in the US disc with Fanning. If you could take pics for the menus Ill appretiate, mine is on the way but it will take a week.

Audio: it does include the one with fanning (which id personally prefer anyway but I never listen to them anyway)

image.jpeg

Special features
image.jpeg

of course I hear of this one day after ordering from them
is it possible to send back after items arrive damaged?

In my experience, they send single steelbooks in a flimsy cardboard mailer. They will pay for return shipping if necessary. Usually if the cost of the item is low, they will just send a replacement at no extra charge and you keep the damaged one. Unfortunately the shipping protection is not any better for the replacement. :-(

Audio: it does include the one with fanning (which id personally prefer anyway but I never listen to them anyway)

View attachment 273763

Special features
View attachment 273764

wow! thanks so much! I joined today to get more info of this release, is my fav movie this year so far,
I shoot a bullet with my user name and I was lucky ;)

I am even gonna buy a new zone b player just for this ;)

I have to say I love more the menu on the US disc, is those animations at the end of the movie wich
are great I think.

I heard the elle/refn commentary on the US disc , and yeah is ok, but I was excited about
a commentary with refn and the editor as I am a photographer and maybe that should be more
technical which I like, I do wonder what happened to it as it was advertised to be in this disc.
Thanks for the pics! I can't wait to get mine,

Last edited:
Reactions: Flloydo
wow! thanks so much! I joined today to get more info of this release, is my fav movie this year so far,
I was shoot a bullet with my user name and I was lucky.
I am even gonna buy a new zone b planyer just for this ;)
I have to say I love more the menu on the US disc, is those animations at the end of the movie wich
are great I think.
I heard the elle/refn commentary on the US disc , and yeah is ok, but I was excited about
a commentary with refn and the editor as I am a photographer and maybe that should be more
tecnical which I like, I do wonder what happened to it as it was advertised to be in this disc.
Thanks for the pics! I can't wait to get mine,

I haven't seen the US menu, so not sure what it looks like

Do you mean the cinematographer? Instead of the editor. Natasha. Yeah that would be cool to hear.

Well if you do get zone B player you will be able to get some other films to play from this neck of the woods

I haven't seen the US menu, so not sure what it looks like

Do you mean the cinematographer? Instead of the editor. Natasha. Yeah that would be cool to hear.

Well if you do get zone B player you will be able to get some other films to play from this neck of the woods

I am pretty sure it was with the editor, something happened there, because it was advertised all over
and now if you go to the Koch site is not listed anymore, but I am sure it was.
Im excited to watch the Cliff Martinez interview.
I live in Spain now but all my collection is region A, I guess it had to happen sometime,
so now yes, Ill have the chance to get some great releases from this side of the pond. :)

this is what the ad said:
  • Exklusiver Audiokommentar mit Regisseur Nicolas Winding Refn und Cutter Matthew Newman

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
I am pretty sure it was with the editor, something happened there, because it was advertised all over
and now if you go to the Koch site is not listed anymore, but I am sure it was.
Im excited to watch the Cliff Martinez interview.
I live in Spain now but all my collection is region A, I guess it had to happen sometime,
so now yes, Ill have the chance to get some great releases from this side of the pond. :)

this is what the ad said:
  • Exklusiver Audiokommentar mit Regisseur Nicolas Winding Refn und Cutter Matthew Newman

Oh yeah that is the editor. That is odd that's it's not included

The cliff interview is quite long too so hopefully you enjoy it

Received yesterday. Stunning looking steel.

Can't say what Amazon DE boxes are like as this was posted to me in a card mailer from their Scottish depot

I actually had the privilege to attend the first US Screening of this film with Refn present for a Q&A after the film was shown...

And I've gotta say... I love the guy... I love his movies... But man, it is so wrong to think that this man is a genius with well thought out ideas.
Learning that was somewhat disappointing. xD

In my experience, they send single steelbooks in a flimsy cardboard mailer. They will pay for return shipping if necessary. Usually if the cost of the item is low, they will just send a replacement at no extra charge and you keep the damaged one. Unfortunately the shipping protection is not any better for the replacement. :-(
ok thanks
fingers crossed

Thanks! I am still puzzled about the commentary , it supossed to have an audio commentary with Refn and the editor and not the one in the US disc with Fanning. If you could take pics for the menus Ill appretiate, mine is on the way but it will take a week.
sorry just want to know where you got the image for your avatar

• Helpful Post
Reactions: K.i.T
Hi, I actually don't remember but here it is if you want it.
( ok it didnt load, to large ) here is the link:
http://www.movie-poster-artwork-finder.com/tag/the-neon-demon/

@FN-2187: what was the disappointment on meeting Nicolas?

and I am still puzzled that no one else has pointed out or complaint about
the audio commentary not being the one that was advertised.

It was just that- having seen Valhalla Rising, Drive, and Only God Forgives- I had built NWR up to be some visionary and brilliant filmmaker...
But when time for the Q&A session and people started asking him about his directorial choices- the answers were.... comical.

I asked about his perception of location, and how he viewed Asia in terms of Only God Forgives vs The Neon Demon being set in L.A., and how those respective stories reflected the culture of the society in each location with regards to the manner of judgement in Only God Forgives being about that of moral integrity and that in The Neon Demon being that of Superficial appearances. He told me that "That's a good idea. You should put in on the internet".

Someone asked him about Eli Fanning's narcissism scene in The Neon Demon (with the triangle and the colors) and asked what the interpretation of that scene was and whether that was the Neon Demon she was supposed to have confronted on a metaphysical level, and his response was "Well... I'm colorblind, so I like bright colors. So red was cool... Blue was cool. Triangles are cool".

It reminded me back to Primary School, where teachers always tried to extract meaning from where there is no real intended meaning, and it demonstrated to me that Winding Refn does make very beautiful films, but all of us who read in to films like the Neon Demon and Only God Forgives are reaching for substance where none was intended.

It was just that- having seen Valhalla Rising, Drive, and Only God Forgives- I had built NWR up to be some visionary and brilliant filmmaker...
But when time for the Q&A session and people started asking him about his directorial choices- the answers were.... comical.

I asked about his perception of location, and how he viewed Asia in terms of Only God Forgives vs The Neon Demon being set in L.A., and how those respective stories reflected the culture of the society in each location with regards to the manner of judgement in Only God Forgives being about that of moral integrity and that in The Neon Demon being that of Superficial appearances. He told me that "That's a good idea. You should put in on the internet".

Someone asked him about Eli Fanning's narcissism scene in The Neon Demon (with the triangle and the colors) and asked what the interpretation of that scene was and whether that was the Neon Demon she was supposed to have confronted on a metaphysical level, and his response was "Well... I'm colorblind, so I like bright colors. So red was cool... Blue was cool. Triangles are cool".

It reminded me back to Primary School, where teachers always tried to extract meaning from where there is no real intended meaning, and it demonstrated to me that Winding Refn does make very beautiful films, but all of us who read in to films like the Neon Demon and Only God Forgives are reaching for substance where none was intended.

I have seen several interviews and I think he doesn't want to give away his perspective about the meaning and symbolism behind the film, as he meant it to be ambiguous and be open to several observations, it would be like asking Kubrick if he thought the spirits where real in The Shinning or where part of Jack imagination. He actually comes across as someone with which I would like to have a conversation with.

nwr is pretty full of himself and gives extremely short answers. its just how he is. dont think thats not seen a mastermind filmmaker because he is. his films speak for themselves. you can tell he thought long and hard about every single detail in every scene of every film. he just doesnt want to explain to the public why he did this or did that.

I actually think you are right.

Any decent writer will tell you what he was thinking about when he wrote a particular scene, right down to the lighting, the clothes they wear, the expressions on their faces; moreover the mindset of the characters - because it is seared in your memory from the birth of the scene.

I would suggest that if you don't have that knowledge, then you didn't write it.
It's not a matter of keeping anything secret, as anyone can copy another filmmaker ad hoc, but understanding where they are coming from . . . . . . .

Personally I have seen a couple of filmed interviews with him, and found him tiresome, arrogant and somewhat lacking in humanity. From what you say of NRW in person, it seems like a pretty fair assessment.

Last edited:
I actually think you are right.

Any decent writer will tell you what he was thinking about when he wrote a particular scene, right down to the lighting, the clothes they wear, the expressions on their faces; moreover the mindset of the characters - because it is seared in your memory from the birth of the scene.

I would suggest that if you don't have that knowledge, then you didn't write it.
It's not a matter of keeping anything secret, as anyone can copy another filmmaker ad hoc, but understanding where they are coming from . . . . . . .

Personally I have seen a couple of filmed interviews with him, and found him tiresome, arrogant and somewhat lacking in humanity. From what you say of NRW in person, it seems like a pretty fair assessment.

I have to disagree, I love that I have my own perception of the film and films like this,
I wouldnt want the director or writer of a film or book to spill all the details for me as that
would leave me with his assessment of the piece, and in cases like this I prefer to build my own
interpretations, is more fun.

Thanks for the pics! It looks matte in all the dead-on shots that have been posted. It's nice to see the gloss at an angle.

I still prefer the original mockup, but I think this would've had a much more positive reception had the other art not been shown. Looks like a decent steel all-round.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I just got my copy yesterday, beautiful looking steel, I really like it!
is it perfect? of course not because we all individualy would like our taste,
I would love the colors on the front to be more vivid,
the back art is an iconic moment from the film,
now i just got to buy a region B bluray player to watch it ;)
I am happy with it, my favorite film this year, really hunting.

• Thanks