The Neon Demon (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Steelarchive Exclusive K 04) [Germany]

CleverLoginName

Ordnung muss sein.
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2016
GER
Release date: July 7, 2017
Purchase link: SteelArchive (pre-order June 3 at 7 PM)
Price: €49.95
Note: 167 copies - Includes a 44 page booklet and 6 photo cards
HDN Group Buy: Hosted by Aniv (USA hub ship only)

neon demon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
people were able to put it in their cart but when they tried to checkout it said the item is no longer available.

Err yeah that's because it's really limited and sold out quickly. The fact people were able to order means the site was working fine. Some steels sell out fast, in a few instances in the past some sold out in under a minute.

Err yeah that's because it's really limited and sold out quickly. The fact people were able to order means the site was working fine. Some steels sell out fast, in a few instances in the past some sold out in under a minute.

do you even read my posts?
once I had it in my cart I though I was safe. I didn't hurry checking out because Steelarchive announced a few days ago that when I'm able to put it in my cart it gets reserved for 10 minutes!
THAT WAS NOT THE CASE!

I put it in my cart, thought I'm a lucky one and then at the last checkout step, I was told that the item is sold out.

7j3dmcat.jpg

do you even read my posts?
once I had it in my cart I though I was safe. I didn't hurry checking out because Steelarchive announced a few days ago that when I'm able to put it in my cart it gets reserved for 10 minutes!
THAT WAS NOT THE CASE!

I put it in my cart, thought I'm a lucky one and then at the last checkout step, I was told that the item is sold out.

View attachment 315897

It was well known before pre-order day that this was extremely limited, with not enough copies for all those wanting it. In cases like this, get on, order and pay in under a minute if possible. The fact some had it in their cart and took time, well sorry while I do agree that if in the cart it should have been technically classed as sold, I don't have a huge amount of sympathy, you should of checked out and paid immediately as fast as possible. You could even find that while you were adding to cart, it had already sold out duing that process, so while confirming it was in cart, it blocked you later from paying when you refreshed. Theres all sorts of reasons, and just blaming the retailer when we all knew this was going to sell FAST .... as an older member used to say on here "You snooze, you loose" Simples. This has happened to many of us, especially back in the Marvel phase one and two days, with steels selling in less than a minute, was our fault for being too slow.

Last edited:
It was well known before pre-order day that this was extremely limited, with not enough copies for all those wanting it. In cases like this, get on, order and pay in under a minute if possible. The fact some had it in their cart and took time, well sorry while I do agree that if in the cart it should have been technically classed as sold, I don't have a huge amount of sympathy, you should of checked out and paid immediately as fast as possible. You could even find that while you were adding to cart, it had already sold out duing that process, so while confirming it was in cart, it blocked you later from paying when you refreshed. Theres all sorts of reasons, and just blaming the retailer when we all knew this was going to sell FAST .... as an older member used to say on here "You snooze, you looze" Simples:)

are you serious right now?
I had a copy in my cart. the retailer said it's blocked as soon as it's in the cart.
it wasn't and instead of an apology he made lame excuses. he lied to his customers, he is unprofessional, he can't be trusted.
end of story

I had a copy in my cart. the retailer said it's blocked as soon as it's in the cart.
it wasn't and instead of an apology he made lame excuses. he lied to his customers, he is unprofessional, he can't be trusted.
end of story

No website is perfect. There was probably a lot of people adding to cart the exact same second you did, it's only when you refresh you realise you haven't been successful because they beat you by a split second. It's happened before on both Kimchi and Novas sites, and people lost out. The retailer doesn't need to give any explanation or apology. Many of us have experienced this. Lots of buyers all hitting a site at the exact same time means the software will pick up those fastest even if it's 0.5 of a second. I've added to cart and immediately checked out to realise it wasn't in my cart when I've refreshed because the sites software picked someone else quicker, even though it said it was added originally. So Steelarchives hasn't lied. This was always going to be a bloodbath as others have stated in earlier posts, and the site would handle it as well as it's able to.

@psychoscot
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I had it in my cart. fact!
the software didn't pick out the fastest.
the software failed or wasn't "activated"

I didn't know that kimchi and nova ever used a system where your copy gets reserved for a few minutes as soon as you add it to your shopping cart.
can somebody else confirm?

of course he doesn't need to apologize and I don't need to buy his exclusives anymore.

end of story
OMG.... Talking about trust?

@psychoscot
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I had it in my cart. fact!
the software didn't pick out the fastest.
the software failed or wasn't "activated"

I didn't know that kimchi and nova ever used a system where your copy gets reserved for a few minutes as soon as you add it to your shopping cart.
can somebody else confirm?

of course he doesn't need to apologize and I don't need to buy his exclusives anymore.
amen. SA should be very happy with your descission ;) more chance for me to get one..... oh, I got myself one because I was fast enough ;) I will post pics so you can see how awesome this release is....

Reactions: psychoscot
amen. SA should be very happy with your descission ;) more chance for me to get one..... oh, I got myself one because I was fast enough ;) I will post pics so you can see how awesome this release is....

go ahead, the reason you got one is a) you didn't know about the "block system" or b) you didn't trust him in the first place

(or c) you are from the Netherlands and joined a GB because this release was for DE, IT, CH, AT and GB customers)

I think everybody should calm down a bit. We are all collectors here and we all understand the disappointment, when we are not able to place our order due to some odd circumstances. However, we are all experienced enough to know, that there is no guarantee that a system promised by the retailer would indeed work. This may be even out of the hands of the retailer himself. Thus he may not have lied and this was only caused by technical problems. We will never know. Therefore I would be careful with calling someone a liar.

Best wishes,

Michael

I think everybody should calm down a bit. We are all collectors here and we all understand the disappointment, when we are not able to place our order due to some odd circumstances. However, we are all experienced enough to know, that there is no guarantee that a system promised by the retailer would indeed work. This may be even out of the hands of the retailer himself. Thus he may not have lied and this was only caused by technical problems. We will never know. Therefore I would be careful with calling someone a liar.

Best wishes,

Michael

Well, I'm not saying he lied about the not working system. Maybe it was just poorly tested and executed.
But he said it worked for some guys, that's bullshit the ones who were able to order just checked out the fastest.
he also said the side was under full load, that's why the system didn't work.
In fact the site was running almost perfectly compared to the last prisoners preorder.
He told a guy on Facebook that a reservation isn't possible but others made reservations under the same post. ;)

Reactions: metal hunter
I consider myself very lucky to have ordered one of these on Saturday. I had it my cart and when I got to the last step in the checkout process I got a message that said service unavailable. I figured their server was overloaded and I would miss out. Then I just hit refresh and surprisingly was able to complete checkout. The site even removed VAT for me, which I don't believe they did for previous releases.

I consider myself very lucky to have ordered one of these on Saturday. I had it my cart and when I got to the last step in the checkout process I got a message that said service unavailable. I figured their server was overloaded and I would miss out. Then I just hit refresh and surprisingly was able to complete checkout. The site even removed VAT for me, which I don't believe they did for previous releases.

I contested the VAT when I ordered from them last year and was told they'd look into it. Nothing came of it. They also declared the actual value of the item at 7 euros more than the actual cost of the item, so I paid more taxes than I should have. Again, I brought this up with them but was given the runaround. Steelarchive can k my a.

That being said I hope the steel and slip turn out nice for those who ordered!

• Thanks
Reactions: Jeek

May I ask where you are from?