The Official Custom Slipcovers & Slipboxes Thread

bigrob

UK Reviewer /Contributor
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 8, 2012
London UK
gonna attempt to create a hybrid Night at the Museum BD with lenticular slipcase and the missing bonus disc

going to purchase the UK BD of Night at the Museum
buy a 2 disc aramay case (14mm) and insert the bonus disc
trim the slipcase on the DVD (currently looking where abouts to trim it)
scan the pack of the slip and make some edits to the details (specs etc)
print it out at work at carefully glue it to the back

hopefully i'll have something to match part 2

Attachments

• 20120304_180358.jpg
    20120304_180358.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,369
Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great, @AlienKing! We actually do have a thread for custom slipcovers, but it hasn't been used in a while. I'll move your post there in a moment and then maybe we can bring some life back to that thread. :thumbs:

Oh, and the only reason the GotG had its own thread was because there was a Group Buy through HDN for it. :)

Reactions: AlienKing
Hey mods,
Could we please make this thread 'sticky' so it stays at the top like similar threads in other sections.
Just a suggestion, so it doesn't get lost again...:)

Hey mods,
Could we please make this thread 'sticky' so it stays at the top like similar threads in other sections.
Sorry about this but we're going to leave this thread as-is, reason being is that before today the last post was back in 2012. Usually posts that are of a hot topic we put as stickies and not to mention that the more stickies there are, the more extended scrolling folks have to do on mobile devices. :)

• Informative
Reactions: djs1401 and tridon
Hey mods,

Yeah, as @AcIDc0r3 put it, stickies are only meant for threads with a lot of traffic. Unfortunately this has never been one of those threads. With that said, though, I will add a direct link for this thread to one of the actual stickied threads -- The Slipcover Country-Specific Resource Master List -- so this one doesn't become lost again.

If traffic ever picks up and this becomes a hot thread, perhaps we can then look into making it a sticky. :thumbs:

Sorry about this but we're going to leave this thread as-is, reason being is that before today the last post was back in 2012. Usually posts that are of a hot topic we put as stickies and not to mention that the more stickies there are, the more extended scrolling folks have to do on mobile devices. :)

Glasses are perhaps in order? It was active in February 2014. :p

Apart from that I agree with your decision to not make it stickied.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
@mlmaier84 Thanks, Yea the first time you do anything you're bound to make mistakes. I got a little better by the time I glossed the slip. It's already glossy, but I was told it would serve as added protection. I think I did a pretty good job on #002, I just haven't made a slip for it yet

Thanks @tridon But damn! Had no idea this thread existed! I'm glad I was the one to give life back to it though :smug: :smuggrin:
So you're saying I should do a GB for my slips to have my own thread? o_O Hmmm :naughty:...just kidding :p

@djs1401 You're welcome. You and me both didn't know about this thread till now. lol. And you're slip looks so perfect :squint: Don't worry I'll get there eventually :LOL:

@pdbluray Oh my ninja! Do I have a surprise for you :naughty:

@Prazzers I think the issue is most of us don't have the time to make them. I msg'd djs1401 couple of months ago I think. Look how long it took me to finally come up with something :sorry:

Wow, never knew this thread existed.
Thanks for the tag @AlienKing
Apart from the GOTG slipcover I made with @zesty , this is the only other slipcover I have made:
dsc07467-2-jpg.109745

dsc07465-2-jpg.109746

I'm pretty pleased with it, because it's reversible, and the artwork continues on both sides.
@djs1401 ,
That's really nice! I love The Prestige, and I grabbed a couple of really cool Amray inserts from a guy off the net.
They are cool too, and maybe I can make them into a slip for my steel (if I can figure out the process!!):
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I think I used the second insert, because I felt the first one gave away the ending and was a little too literal.

Last edited:
Reactions: djs1401