The Official Custom Slipcovers & Slipboxes Thread

bigrob

UK Reviewer /Contributor
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 8, 2012
London UK
gonna attempt to create a hybrid Night at the Museum BD with lenticular slipcase and the missing bonus disc

going to purchase the UK BD of Night at the Museum
buy a 2 disc aramay case (14mm) and insert the bonus disc
trim the slipcase on the DVD (currently looking where abouts to trim it)
scan the pack of the slip and make some edits to the details (specs etc)
print it out at work at carefully glue it to the back

hopefully i'll have something to match part 2

Attachments

• 20120304_180358.jpg
    20120304_180358.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,382
Last edited by a moderator:
@Noodles: Sorry for the late reply. I have tried to make you a pic of it:

d521idf72tkx.png

Height: 1,6cm + 17,3cm + 1,6cm
Width: 1,6cm + 13,8cm

It is 0,1 - 0,2 cm bigger than it should be but i have left some more space cause i dont cut out exactly every time and its better to cut off something later cause you cant give it more room later after cutting it. Hope this will help. Again, sorry for the late reply.

I have made a Fullslip for Bram Stokers Dracula directed by Francis Ford Coppola on champagne colored ribbed laid paper:

View attachment 166332 View attachment 166333
No worries mate. I appreciate the help... thank you very much! That full slip looks amazing. :thumbs:

Reactions: stonedm1980
That's professional work buddy :thumbs: Really nice. Where did you get that sort of paper?

I bought it on amazon.de :

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B001QPL1GA/?tag=hidefnin0d-21
It is not good for making high quality glossy prints. But i wanted a look like the Dallas Buyers Club Fullslip from KimchiDVD and the same feeling of it when you slide with your fingers on it. Ok, the DBC Fullslip is made on canvas i think but i cant print on these kind of paper. I have used some painted artworks on the front and backside because real fotos wouldnt look good in reason of no high quality glossy printing. But the ripped laid paper is thicker than the normal photo paper and make it more robust.

The Drive Fullslip i have made is printed on:

HP Q5456A Advanced Glossy Photopaper 250g/m2 A4 white

It looks really high quality but in my oppinion it is a little bit too thin. But i cant print on more than 250g/m2 paper. Must go to a copy shop for thicker paper.
I have made a Slipcover for my custom made Last Boy Scout Steelbook longer time ago. This one was printed out on a copy shop cause my old printer have problems with printing really dark black.

I can show you some pics of my custom made limited Edition of Last Boy Scout with Slipcover, Lenticular Cover on front of Steelbook, Limitation numbering card and photo artcards ( original press photos ):

Attachments

• IMG_2656_2(WEB).jpg
    IMG_2656_2(WEB).jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 184
  • 7K2B7510_2(WEB).jpg
    7K2B7510_2(WEB).jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 184
  • 7K2B7512_2(WEB).jpg
    7K2B7512_2(WEB).jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_2663_2(WEB).jpg
    IMG_2663_2(WEB).jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 7K2B7507_2(WEB).jpg
    7K2B7507_2(WEB).jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 192
  • SHOWCASE-FULL-01(WEB).jpg
    SHOWCASE-FULL-01(WEB).jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 175
I bought it on amazon.de :

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B001QPL1GA/?tag=hidefnin0d-21
It is not good for making high quality glossy prints. But i wanted a look like the Dallas Buyers Club Fullslip from KimchiDVD and the same feeling of it when you slide with your fingers on it. Ok, the DBC Fullslip is made on canvas i think but i cant print on these kind of paper. I have used some painted artworks on the front and backside because real fotos wouldnt look good in reason of no high quality glossy printing. But the ripped laid paper is thicker than the normal photo paper and make it more robust.

The Drive Fullslip i have made is printed on:

HP Q5456A Advanced Glossy Photopaper 250g/m2 A4 white

It looks really high quality but in my oppinion it is a little bit too thin. But i cant print on more than 250g/m2 paper. Must go to a copy shop for thicker paper.
I have made a Slipcover for my custom made Last Boy Scout Steelbook longer time ago. This one was printed out on a copy shop cause my old printer have problems with printing really dark black.

I can show you some pics of my custom made limited Edition of Last Boy Scout with Slipcover, Lenticular Cover on front of Steelbook, Limitation numbering card and photo artcards ( original press photos ):
WOW! That looks absolutely amazing. Your Drive full slip also looks good. I would like to know how to make full slips. I made a slip cover before, see pics below, but never attempted full slips. It was my first attempt so its not that great :p. But I use 300gsm Glossy 8.5" x 11" paper, and I can print at home. If you're interested in the paper, PM me and I'll give you more details and possible even get it for you.

IMG_20150105_124656.jpg IMG_20150105_124729.jpg

• Helpful Post
Reactions: lomadu
I did make a custom Full Slip for the Punisher (2004) today (including 2 artcards, one of which also serves as the limitation card) and thought it to be ok enough to post here. Would love to get some feedback :thumbs: since this is still at beginners level, I guess.

Both the upper and downside spine feature artwork, the latter continuing the skull from the front artwork. The upper one features a tunnel scene from the film. Sadly, I forgot to photograph these in good quality, sorry. :sorry:
Title and scull (minus the eyes) are both embossed on the spine. The limitation number on the second artcard is also slightly embossed. :hungry:

89gjwejk.jpg

xfxcpgrm.jpg

m2bi3g8d.jpg

brg2azdj.jpg

Last edited:
I did make a custom Full Slip for the Punisher (2004) today (including 2 artcards, one of which also serves as the limitation card) and thought it to be ok enough to post here. Would love to get some feedback :thumbs: since this is still at beginners level, I guess.

Both the upper and downside spine feature artwork, the latter continuing the skull from the front artwork. The upper one features a tunnel scene from the film. Sadly, I forgot to photograph these in good quality, sorry. :sorry:
Title and scull (minus the eyes) are both embossed on the spine. The limitation number on the second artcard is also slightly embossed. :hungry:

89gjwejk.jpg

xfxcpgrm.jpg

m2bi3g8d.jpg

brg2azdj.jpg
"Beginner's level"...my a$$. That's absolutely NOT beginner's level. It's beautiful man. You've done a wonderful job. Would like to see more of your work :thumbs:

What tool did you use to emboss?

Reactions: SteelCollz