The Official Custom Slipcovers & Slipboxes Thread

bigrob

UK Reviewer /Contributor
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 8, 2012
London UK
gonna attempt to create a hybrid Night at the Museum BD with lenticular slipcase and the missing bonus disc

going to purchase the UK BD of Night at the Museum
buy a 2 disc aramay case (14mm) and insert the bonus disc
trim the slipcase on the DVD (currently looking where abouts to trim it)
scan the pack of the slip and make some edits to the details (specs etc)
print it out at work at carefully glue it to the back

hopefully i'll have something to match part 2

Attachments

• 20120304_180358.jpg
    20120304_180358.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,370
Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks Martin! :)

As for Annihilation, this is what I want to use for a custom slip (if you haven't seen it already)...

View attachment 408755

Hopefully I can work my magic on making it work for a slip, and if so, then I'll probably get them made once the Zavvi steel is released. :thumbs:

@Damon M @AlienKing Tagging you guys too since you showed interest. ;)
Love this! Count me in if you do customs of it

Reactions: Noodles
I have a custom slipcover I’d love to get printed. Anyone here able to, know someone or can point me in any direction where one could get a slipcover printed, thin cardboard and glossy front? Any help appreciated! :)

As for Annihilation, this is what I want to use for a custom slip (if you haven't seen it already)...

View attachment 408755

Hopefully I can work my magic on making it work for a slip, and if so, then I'll probably get them made once the Zavvi steel is released. :thumbs:

Of course! I just love that you used Natalie's face at the back :hungry:

View attachment 408755

Looks perfect! Thats exactly what I was thinking when we have the Zavvi steelbook on its way. It would be nice to dress it in a slip with this gorgeous artwork. :thumbs:

How can I grab one if I'm not on Instagram?
Can I combine shipping with Annihilation?
Will you do one for Glass if no premium picks it up?
Thanks @Noodles
What Martin said. :p

No sign up is required through my store by the way, and payment is all done through PayPal. :thumbs:

As for shipping... I don't currently combine items I'm afraid -- they have to be sent separately due to the fact that I struggle to make it to a post office during the week, so I have to make sure the packages are small enough to fit in a postbox. Plus, shipping would actually be more if I sent them together anyway... sending them separately only costs £1 to UK (1st Class), whereas sending just 2 in a bigger box would cost £3.38.

And yeah, I eventually hope to do one for Glass as well as Split. ;)

happy days. :) been having fun comparing my latest from @JoMaSanRa - Ant Man & The Wasp - with the version from @Noodles on the previous page. although (i don't have his and) prefer the back image on mine, the true fact of the matter is that it's great to have both awesome options from two great Ninjas and this fabulous site. :notworthy::notworthy:
View media item 26185
for the latest from JoMaSanRa, the construction is, as usual, robust :thumbs:, the gloss is luscious Jackson :wow:, the print quality high :photo:. this ninja is somewhat happy :happy:. here's some more shots of the artwork :Snap: - i would love the sheltering-behind-the-coin image as a poster:
i have no idea why, since i can't really look at it, but i absolutely love it when there's a repeat image in the inside of a slip. sometimes the premiums do it, but not very often. nice one:
top and spine:
and finally, a perfect fit:
thank you, @JoMaSanRa :thanks:

Forgot to post these pics a couple of weeks ago, picked up from a seller on Instagram

View attachment 416254
I follow this guy on IG too, and he makes some of the coolest and most creative slips I've ever seen! Shame the majority of them are so pricey, although I can understand why, of course.

One thing I will say about his Drive slip... why the Blu banner and rating logos? The whole point of custom slips is so you can leave that kind of stuff off IMO, so it's odd he chose to add them lol.