The Official Custom Slipcovers & Slipboxes Thread

bigrob

UK Reviewer /Contributor
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 8, 2012
London UK
gonna attempt to create a hybrid Night at the Museum BD with lenticular slipcase and the missing bonus disc

going to purchase the UK BD of Night at the Museum
buy a 2 disc aramay case (14mm) and insert the bonus disc
trim the slipcase on the DVD (currently looking where abouts to trim it)
scan the pack of the slip and make some edits to the details (specs etc)
print it out at work at carefully glue it to the back

hopefully i'll have something to match part 2

Attachments

• 20120304_180358.jpg
    20120304_180358.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,369
Last edited by a moderator:
I follow this guy on IG too, and he makes some of the coolest and most creative slips I've ever seen! Shame the majority of them are so pricey, although I can understand why, of course.

One thing I will say about his Drive slip... why the Blu banner and rating logos? The whole point of custom slips is so you can leave that kind of stuff off IMO, so it's odd he chose to add them lol.
And why all the unnecessary writing on the back.
Talk about ruining a potentially good slip.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I follow this guy on IG too, and he makes some of the coolest and most creative slips I've ever seen! Shame the majority of them are so pricey, although I can understand why, of course.

One thing I will say about his Drive slip... why the Blu banner and rating logos? The whole point of custom slips is so you can leave that kind of stuff off IMO, so it's odd he chose to add them lol.
I messaged him on IG a while ago when I first saw this Drive slip, and he said a few had asked for them without the Blu-ray banner and ratings logo's etc so he's removed them lol. If you buy now they are supposed to be clean on the front, not sure about the back though, presume the same (too much text like Stiffers says). I would've pulled the trigger myself but £22+ before shipping felt a lot for an O-ring slip, though it does look very good with the handcrafted scorpion.

• Thanks
  • Haha
Reactions: Noodles and DMD4k
I messaged him on IG a while ago when I first saw this Drive slip, and he said a few had asked for them without the Blu-ray banner and ratings logo's etc so he's removed them lol. If you buy now they are supposed to be clean on the front, not sure about the back though, presume the same (too much text like Stiffers says). I would've pulled the trigger myself but £22+ before shipping felt a lot for an O-ring slip, though it does look very good with the handcrafted scorpion.
Hadn't noticed it was handcrafted :OMG: That is ridiculous.

Yeah, that too lol.

I thought I recalled seeing a logo-less version of it at some point, so I guess that's why... still find it odd that he decided to include them in the first place though. I really wanted to get his Star Wars trilogy set, but he wants something crazy like £70 for it :wacky:

EDIT - Decided to look up his Etsy, so here it is if anyone else is interested... https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ClanksCovers

Didn't realise until now that the Star Wars one actually includes the discs, so I imagine it'd be a fair bit cheaper without them. I also really like his Fury Road one, but once again he's ruined it by including the UK rating logo on the spine. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Reactions: StifflersDad
I've seen a few customs, online, before that have plain(ish) slips but then have the banner and logos added - when I see that I always think that the person that made them is worried that they might look too plain without them?

I don't generally go for customs unless they really stand out (something a bit different from the more general poster art for example) On this one I just really liked the cut out on the cover and it's a nice addition the Drive collection :thumbs:

I've seen a few customs, online, before that have plain(ish) slips but then have the banner and logos added - when I see that I always think that the person that made them is worried that they might look too plain without them?

I don't generally go for customs unless they really stand out (something a bit different from the more general poster art for example) On this one I just really liked the cut out on the cover and it's a nice addition the Drive collection :thumbs:
Don't get me wrong, it's definitely an awesome/unique slip! I just find it an odd decision that he decided to include all the stuff collectors usually complain about lol.

Reactions: Lordpercy

I share your sentiment, but I believe his train of thought is to make it look a bit official/legit? A custom slip that looks "not custom"; if that makes any sense? Yes, I know you can say that's not the point of custom slips but I think there a crowd that likes the banner and the logos. Especially if you have it right next to official releases, this wouldn't look 'off'. In a sense, it could also be catering to that OCD part in people.

Reactions: Lordpercy
Does anybody know where I could find custom full slips? I know they’re GBs for them but I was wondering if anyone sold them on a consistent basis? Thanks

Does anybody know where I could find custom full slips? I know they’re GBs for them but I was wondering if anyone sold them on a consistent basis? Thanks
Hi @Cbarclay23, I've moved your post to this existing thread where it may get more attention. :thumbs:

I do custom slips, but I'm currently on a break from making them I'm afraid. However, if you look through this thread, then you'll come across a few other folks who also make them, so maybe try reaching out to them. :)

Hi @Cbarclay23, I've moved your post to this existing thread where it may get more attention. :thumbs:

I do custom slips, but I'm currently on a break from making them I'm afraid. However, if you look through this thread, then you'll come across a few other folks who also make them, so maybe try reaching out to them. :)

Thanks !

Does anyone in this site know anyone who makes custom slipcovers for steelbooks, blurays, etc?.

Ive been wanting to commission a few for some films I own that wont seem to be featured on steelbook or premium releases.

Does anyone in this site know anyone who makes custom slipcovers for steelbooks, blurays, etc?.

Ive been wanting to commission a few for some films I own that wont seem to be featured on steelbook or premium releases.

I've moved your post here.

There are various posts in this thread by members who do customs. Personally I always go with @JoMaSanRa , you can see some of the stuff he did from page 16 onwards. Good luck.