The Official Custom Slipcovers & Slipboxes Thread

bigrob

UK Reviewer /Contributor
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 8, 2012
London UK
gonna attempt to create a hybrid Night at the Museum BD with lenticular slipcase and the missing bonus disc

going to purchase the UK BD of Night at the Museum
buy a 2 disc aramay case (14mm) and insert the bonus disc
trim the slipcase on the DVD (currently looking where abouts to trim it)
scan the pack of the slip and make some edits to the details (specs etc)
print it out at work at carefully glue it to the back

hopefully i'll have something to match part 2

Attachments

• 20120304_180358.jpg
    20120304_180358.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,369
Last edited by a moderator:
WONDER WOMAN Custom Blu-ray Collector's Edition #014

Very cool. Great work. I'd actually buy it if a retailer put it out. I would've preferred a booklet of 'posters' since so many great artworks exist for this film. But that's just a personal preference. :thumbs:

How long does it take (roughly) to put something like this now? I'm sure it would've taken you longer when you first started...

How long does it take (roughly) to put something like this now? I'm sure it would've taken you longer when you first started...

It depends... I always have some idea for artwork in my mind, but it takes several days to create final one (as I tend to change it several times during the process :joy: ). Creating the box itself takes approximately 2 days since I have to draw all lines by my hand (I don't have any templates I can print), cut everything out and I also need some time for glue to dry...

It depends... I always have some idea for artwork in my mind, but it takes several days to create final one (as I tend to change it several times during the process :joy: ). Creating the box itself takes approximately 2 days since I have to draw all lines by my hand (I don't have any templates I can print), cut everything out and I also need some time for glue to dry...
Of course, when it's custom made you are gonna have a hard time deciding on artwork. But it sounds exciting. You can only get better with time. And you should look into creating a template for yourself to make the process more efficient in the future.

happy days. :) continually amazes me the talent we have here with Ninjas posting their work :woot:, and then comparing it to major studio releases... :censored: delighted we have the opportunity to pick up some of these. :thumbs:

few shots below of my latest custom from @JoMaSanRa, for Annihilation (or see album link at base for just photos) superb slip, and a great choice of imagery, obviously should have been the steelbook art.

here's a few close-up shots of that lovely cover and the back image, high quality image and full gloss surface :drool::
again, the attention to detail sets it apart :wow:. the interior image, the quote on the top, the detaiing on the spine title font, the extra image on the base:
and the perfect fit with the zavvi release:
thanks again! looking forward to my next purchase.:thanks: photo album here.

Well...

After a long - long break I am beginning to update my blog again. I have a lot of designs not published and I Will be publishing them in the next weeks.

'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs'

· Fullslip for Steelbook
· Inlay with Technical Aspects and Additional Contents
· Ten Lobby Cards
· Booklet with Alternative Posters and FanArt
· Laminated Card with the Date of the Design

AS USUALLY, MORE PHOTOS AVAILABLE IN MY BLOG (CLICK).

Snow-White (1).jpg

Reactions: JoMaSanRa