The Pianist (Blu-ray SteelBook + DVD Audio) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #14)[Korea]

Which full slip cover art do you prefer?

• Artwork #1

Votes: 77 45.3%
  • Artwork #2

Votes: 81 47.6%
  • None of the above

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Artwork #1

Votes: 76 44.7%
  • Artwork #2

Votes: 78 45.9%
  • None of the above

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Release date: May 25th 2014
Price: US$36.99; No limit on order quantity
Buy links:
The Pianist - Full Slipcover (OOS)
The Pianist - Lenticular cover (OOS)
The Pianist - 1/4 slipcover (non exclusive) live !

Group Buy: Click here
Pre-order date and time:
View attachment 67981
Pre-order gift:
if you pre order full slipcover (if poll result is option#1), you can get full slipcover option#2 as free, pre-order gift. (vise versa)
Print run info:
- lenticular slipcover 1.5K
- full slipcover 1.5K
- 1/4 slip 0.5K (non-exclusive)

Notes: full high glossy with embossed title and hands, 2-disc edition - 1x blu-ray and 1x dvd audio
subtitles: Korean, English, Chinese (Both), French, Finnish, Swedish.

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

1387775504471753.jpg

Full Slipcover Package:
13983321254592676.jpg

10154233_1528620660698479_2144388144118080906_n.jpg

Lenticular cover artwork and package:
1398331874096543.jpg

1398221485857726.gif

13877776732922111.jpg

13877779102871735.jpg

1388139329490457.jpg

Detailed Info:
Publisher :Contents Zone
ReleaseDate :
List Price :USD
Our Price :USD
You Save :USD
Year :2003 (국내개봉)
Stock Status:Coming Soon
Weight :g

Technical Information
Genre: Drama
Directors: Roman Polanski
Actors: Adrien Brody / Thomas Kretschmann / Frank Finlay
Aspect Ratio & Format: High Definition 1080p Widescreen Presentation 1.85:1
Language: English / French / Italian
Sound Mix: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1ch/DD 5.1
Subtitles: Korean / English / Chinese / French / Finnish / Swedish
Rating: 18
Region Code: all
Run Time: 148 mins
Number of discs: 2

Special Features
- Behind Story
- Piano performance
- Interview with Director & Cast
- Behind Scene
- Trailer

Additional information:
A brilliant pianist, a Polish Jew, witnesses the restrictions Nazis place on Jews in the Polish capital, from restricted access to the building of the Warsaw ghetto. As his family is rounded up to be shipped off to the Nazi labor camps, he escapes deportation and eludes capture by living in the ruins of Warsaw.

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 417
Last edited by a moderator:
I have all versions and I was a little disappointed with the lenti if I'm being honest; it's lacking clarity and is slightly dull. However, while the full slip quality and clarity is better, I was never keen on the artwork. So non-exclusive 1/4 is the winner for me. But I still rate both packages highly, I guess the high level of expectation with Kimchi contributes to a high level of critique. Still very content with them all though, I don't regret my decision to purchase.

Reactions: crashkelly
I have all versions and I was a little disappointed with the lenti if I'm being honest; it's lacking clarity and is slightly dull. However, while the full slip quality and clarity is better, I was never keen on the artwork. So non-exclusive 1/4 is the winner for me. But I still rate both packages highly, I guess the high level of expectation with Kimchi contributes to a high level of critique. Still very content with them all though, I don't regret my decision to purchase.

I totally agree that there is a high level of expectation for each Kimchi release and that the latter does contribute to a higher level of critique than most other retailers release, but I do believe that it is that high level of critique that will keep Kimchi on their game and will only result in the releases getting better and better.

Cheers
CrashKelly

Reactions: rpg
Speaking of Zavvi and their stuff, their shipping materials are complete garbage. My Only God Forgives steel had a small dent in the top. Lucky my Day After Tomorrow copy was mint. Shipping in stupid lightweight cardboard mailers.

Anyone who's bought from Kimchidvd, how is their packaging? Is it similar to Plain Archive's greatness of about five pounds of bubble wrap? :p

I've only ordered the pianist full slip and it came in a big box and mine was wrapped in loads of bubble wrap. I'm waiting for my blue is the warmest Color from plain archives can't wait.

Reactions: LucasEatWorld
Speaking of Zavvi and their stuff, their shipping materials are complete garbage. My Only God Forgives steel had a small dent in the top. Lucky my Day After Tomorrow copy was mint. Shipping in stupid lightweight cardboard mailers.

Anyone who's bought from Kimchidvd, how is their packaging? Is it similar to Plain Archive's greatness of about five pounds of bubble wrap? :p

I would definitely put it in the same class as Plain archive for packaging.

Shhh...........here come the mod to tell that we should talk about this in the retailer thread ;)

Cheers
CrashKelly

Reactions: hatredhorror

Aesthetically in keeping with the tone of the film/subject matter then? I'm good with that :D

Reactions: rpg
Wow, ordered this on the 15th, was shipped on the 16th (via K Packet, the cheapest option) and it arrived at Royal Mail's Heathrow worldwide DC yesterday.

With any luck that means I might receive it early next week, assuming no customs problems :) - which would be much sooner than I expected to.

Last edited:
OK....had the first disappointing experience with Kimchi yet....I had ordered 2 of Lenticular and 2 of Full Slip in the same order on 18th June and the order was shipped within a day....received it today and was surprised to see only the 2 full slip steelbooks. The lenticulars are missing. I am sure the box was not opened at customs and in fact, it is not even big enough to have held all 4 steelbooks. So, definitely they were not shipped. But the included invoice shows all four steelbooks.

Not sure what to do....mailed Tony and hopefully will get my steelbooks shipped out...

OK....had the first disappointing experience with Kimchi yet....I had ordered 2 of Lenticular and 2 of Full Slip in the same order on 18th June and the order was shipped within a day[...]
Is it possible that it was sent as two packages perhaps and that one is still on the way?

Considering the Lenticular has been sold out for a while now, unless they held back some stock in case this sort of thing happened it seems unlikely that they could just replace it.

Here's hoping it gets sorted out either way.

Last edited:
Reactions: BaleHardy