The Pianist (Blu-ray SteelBook + DVD Audio) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #14)[Korea]

Which full slip cover art do you prefer?

• Artwork #1

Votes: 77 45.3%
  • Artwork #2

Votes: 81 47.6%
  • None of the above

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Artwork #1

Votes: 76 44.7%
  • Artwork #2

Votes: 78 45.9%
  • None of the above

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Release date: May 25th 2014
Price: US$36.99; No limit on order quantity
Buy links:
The Pianist - Full Slipcover (OOS)
The Pianist - Lenticular cover (OOS)
The Pianist - 1/4 slipcover (non exclusive) live !

Group Buy: Click here
Pre-order date and time:
View attachment 67981
Pre-order gift:
if you pre order full slipcover (if poll result is option#1), you can get full slipcover option#2 as free, pre-order gift. (vise versa)
Print run info:
- lenticular slipcover 1.5K
- full slipcover 1.5K
- 1/4 slip 0.5K (non-exclusive)

Notes: full high glossy with embossed title and hands, 2-disc edition - 1x blu-ray and 1x dvd audio
subtitles: Korean, English, Chinese (Both), French, Finnish, Swedish.

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

1387775504471753.jpg

Full Slipcover Package:
13983321254592676.jpg

10154233_1528620660698479_2144388144118080906_n.jpg

Lenticular cover artwork and package:
1398331874096543.jpg

1398221485857726.gif

13877776732922111.jpg

13877779102871735.jpg

1388139329490457.jpg

Detailed Info:
Publisher :Contents Zone
ReleaseDate :
List Price :USD
Our Price :USD
You Save :USD
Year :2003 (국내개봉)
Stock Status:Coming Soon
Weight :g

Technical Information
Genre: Drama
Directors: Roman Polanski
Actors: Adrien Brody / Thomas Kretschmann / Frank Finlay
Aspect Ratio & Format: High Definition 1080p Widescreen Presentation 1.85:1
Language: English / French / Italian
Sound Mix: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1ch/DD 5.1
Subtitles: Korean / English / Chinese / French / Finnish / Swedish
Rating: 18
Region Code: all
Run Time: 148 mins
Number of discs: 2

Special Features
- Behind Story
- Piano performance
- Interview with Director & Cast
- Behind Scene
- Trailer

Additional information:
A brilliant pianist, a Polish Jew, witnesses the restrictions Nazis place on Jews in the Polish capital, from restricted access to the building of the Warsaw ghetto. As his family is rounded up to be shipped off to the Nazi labor camps, he escapes deportation and eludes capture by living in the ruins of Warsaw.

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 417
Last edited by a moderator:
OK....had the first disappointing experience with Kimchi yet....I had ordered 2 of Lenticular and 2 of Full Slip in the same order on 18th June and the order was shipped within a day....received it today and was surprised to see only the 2 full slip steelbooks. The lenticulars are missing. I am sure the box was not opened at customs and in fact, it is not even big enough to have held all 4 steelbooks. So, definitely they were not shipped. But the included invoice shows all four steelbooks.

Not sure what to do....mailed Tony and hopefully will get my steelbooks shipped out...

Just got a response from Tony....sent him photographs of the package as he requested....he replied within 10 minutes that he will try to find replacement and ship it out to me!! Great customer service...:scat: though I am sure in this instance it was an error by the Kimchi staff and not a loss/theft in transit...but still, taking care of problems is most important in any online sale...

Hoping everything goes fine and I receive them soon!!

Just ordered The Pianist (Full Slip). I just assumed all this time it was sold out. Looking forward to see my first Kimchi steel. :scat:
The full slip looks awesome. I am so late to order, I'll probably be in the 1450-1500/1500 range. :hilarious:
Also ordered the limited edition (500 copies) lenticular digipack of the movie Crash.
Set me back $84 after shipping.
Can't wait for the order to arrive on my doorstep! :oohyeah:

Just ordered The Pianist (Full Slip). I just assumed all this time it was sold out. Looking forward to see my first Kimchi steel. :scat:

The full slip looks awesome. I am so late to order, I'll probably be in the 1450-1500/1500 range. :hilarious:

Also ordered the limited edition (500 copies) lenticular digipack of the movie Crash.

Welcome to the Kimchi family, lol.

Just ordered The Pianist (Full Slip). I just assumed all this time it was sold out.
Looking forward to see my first Kimchi steel. :scat:

It was sold out.

I tried watching this last night and experienced a very strange problem. When the Germans speak, there are no subtitles so you cannot understand what is being said. If you manually turn on English Subtitles, the translation is being done.

Seems to be the same problem which plagued the UK Optimum BD release a few years ago ....

Reactions: Man on 1Wire x 6 3
I tried watching this last night and experienced a very strange problem. When the Germans speak, there are no subtitles so you cannot understand what is being said. If you manually turn on English Subtitles, the translation is being done.

Seems to be the same problem which plagued the UK Optimum BD release a few years ago ....

Good point mate. Still waiting for mine but that's a bit of a bummer I must admit.

Can you watch the film in English subs that cover the English and German? Looks like I'm going to have to replace the disc with the UK BD disc :(

Is there anyone here who has managed to rectify this problem?