The Pixar Collection (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
This thread is for the titles that have been released to date.

For a poll to share your thoughts on future releases (2015 and on) , please click here

Limited edition are limited to 4K-5K.

The Pixar Collection link

#13: Ratatouille (May 18th, 2015) - Buy
#12: Wall·e (May 18th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#11: A Bug's Life (May 11th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#10: The Incredibles (May 4th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#09: Brave 3D (April 7th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#08: Cars 3D (March 10th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#7: Up 3D (March 10th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#06: Monsters Inc 3D (February 17, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#05: Toy Story 3 (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#04: Toy Story 2 (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#03: Toy Story (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#02: Monsters University (November 25th, 2013) - Buy (sold-out)
#01: Finding Nemo (June 3rd, 2013) - Buy (sold-out)

thumb.jpg

Last edited:
It would be nice if Zavvi could wrap this collection up first before moving on to a Dreamworks collection. They only have a few left to do, and A Bug's Life is probably my favourite out of all the Pixar releases!

The suspicion is they're waiting on 3D releases, I know they have their fans but if that's what's happening they're effectively holding up the remaining titles for a very small (but noisy) userbase. Would much rather they carried on and got the last few films out. I really wants me my Walle steelbook!

Reactions: snooloui
The suspicion is they're waiting on 3D releases, I know they have their fans but if that's what's happening they're effectively holding up the remaining titles for a very small (but noisy) userbase. Would much rather they carried on and got the last few films out. I really wants me my Walle steelbook!

Very small? Doubtful. I'd say most people who pay the excess for a Pixar steel would rather it contained both 2D and 3D. I'm incredibly disappointed that Finding Nemo and Monsters Uni only contained 2D.

If waiting a little longer means the 3D disc gets included, then I'm happy to wait a little longer.

Reactions: ben6212 and Flloydo
Just in case you didn't see the other threads, Toy Story 1 2 & 3 all £9.99 at the minute in the 'End of Line' sale. Sounds like last chance saloon for anyone wanting copies of the Toy Story trilogy.
:movie:

Aaaaaand they're gone. Was waiting for a chance like this. So, of course I didn't pay attention and missed out!

Of course I immediately checked eBay, so I could scratch that itch (does anyone else go straight to eBay after missing out?), but can't justify the £28.99 each.

Bye bye Pixar steelbook collecting.

Aaaaaand they're gone. Was waiting for a chance like this. So, of course I didn't pay attention and missed out!

Of course I immediately checked eBay, so I could scratch that itch (does anyone else go straight to eBay after missing out?), but can't justify the £28.99 each.

Bye bye Pixar steelbook collecting.

£28.99 each? Nah. Keep checking auctions for 'Toy Story Steelbook'. They seem to be listed on there every other day. And they go for roughly £14 each if you're in the UK. Even when 'The Lone Ranger' sold out, it never went for crazy prices.

Very small? Doubtful. I'd say most people who pay the excess for a Pixar steel would rather it contained both 2D and 3D. I'm incredibly disappointed that Finding Nemo and Monsters Uni only contained 2D.

If waiting a little longer means the 3D disc gets included, then I'm happy to wait a little longer.

Pixar have-apart from Monsters University-converted most of their films to 3D-but the transfer is usually poor. I'm only really waiting on Bolt 3d & Wall-E regards disney/pixar steels...

Reactions: inu028

Most people will not want to pay excess for a film just because it has 3D
Majority want to pay less

Majority of people watch films in 2D not 3D and certainly don't want to pay more

Yes their are 3D fans but the majority is 2D

Yes Disney/Pixar will still sell a release in 3D and do re-releases in 3D but overall most of Disney/Pixar sales will be 2D releases

I know there are 3D fans but their not the majority of film watchers

To me unless it was made in 3D there is no need to do a conversion

Disney/Pixar are the only ones still bothering with 3D as majority of Films studios have now dropped 3D or reduced 3D film releases in favour of 2D and 4K

3D has been in decline for over a year and is the reason why you only see a few films now getting a 3D release to the cinemas

3D-Film-Chart__140203201938-575x359.png

Last edited:
Reactions: UpsetSmiley
Paul, I didn't say people want to pay more for a 3D disc, did I. I said people who are already paying more for the steelbook would prefer if it contained the 3D disc as well as the 2D. There's not a lot of choice regarding Pixar steels on Zavvi at the moment so I can only reference one 2D title: Monsters Uni is £19.99 compared to all the 3D steels which are £20.99. So it's an extra £1 to have a 3D disc included. I'm happy with that.

90% of films I couldn't give a toss if it included the 3D disc, but animations always look better than live action and if I've just spent a load of money on a 3D capable TV I'd like to utilise it.

You say people are not bothered about 3D discs being included? Then I point you to the recent X-Men: DOFP and Amazing Spider-Man 2 threads (as an example) and look at the amount of people who are disappointed at the lack of a 3D disc.

My simple solution is if a steel doesn't contain a 3D disc then I'll obtain just the 3D disc from somewhere and stick it in the case myself thus giving myself a 2D/3D steelbook. Simples.

My simple solution is if a steel doesn't contain a 3D disc then I'll obtain just the 3D disc from somewhere and stick it in the case myself thus giving myself a 2D/3D steelbook. Simples.

It's not the most economic way, but that's what I had to do for Nemo and MU. Of course, waited for various sales and discounts to appear helped.

Paul, I didn't say people want to pay more for a 3D disc, did I. I said people who are already paying more for the steelbook would prefer if it contained the 3D disc as well as the 2D. There's not a lot of choice regarding Pixar steels on Zavvi at the moment so I can only reference one 2D title: Monsters Uni is £19.99 compared to all the 3D steels which are £20.99. So it's an extra £1 to have a 3D disc included. I'm happy with that.

90% of films I couldn't give a toss if it included the 3D disc, but animations always look better than live action and if I've just spent a load of money on a 3D capable TV I'd like to utilise it.

You say people are not bothered about 3D discs being included? Then I point you to the recent X-Men: DOFP and Amazing Spider-Man 2 threads (as an example) and look at the amount of people who are disappointed at the lack of a 3D disc.

I know on HDN their is fans of 3D but in terms of overall interest in 3D its not that big anymore compared to a few years ago
I had no problem with the previous HMV Amazing Spider-Man Steelbook not having 3D and I also don't mind that Amazing Spider-Man 2 Steelbook wont have 3D

I only buy a 3D Release over a 2D release if it has extras not available in a 2D release
Wolverine/Prometheus Steelbooks had extras not available with 2D only releases
With Pixar and Disney I have bought 3D releases from USA because they included bonus extras disc
that were not available in the UK releases

If a steelbook comes with 3D Disc its something I would watch once as all repeat viewings are the 2D Disc version
I have a top end Plasma 3D TV
I bought it for its high level of picture quality the fact it was 3D was the least of my decisions in buying

But in regards to Disney/Pixar
You will see Disney/Pixar still do 3D releases but I rather not have to pay more just to include a 3D Disc unless it has bonus Disc extras not available with the 2D only releases
I will still buy all Zavvi Disney/Pixar Steelbooks if it includes 3D that's fine if it does not it wont matter to me and wont change my decision to buy

What I don't like is not including Bonus Disc Extras as Disney/Pixar as they do in the UK compared to USA/Europe releases were they get the extras bonus discs if part of the release while UK releases very often don't include the extras bonus disc
When this happens I always end up having to buy the USA Release as extras are important to me

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Lone Crusader