The Pixar Collection (Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
This thread is for the titles that have been released to date.

For a poll to share your thoughts on future releases (2015 and on) , please click here

Limited edition are limited to 4K-5K.

The Pixar Collection link

#13: Ratatouille (May 18th, 2015) - Buy
#12: Wall·e (May 18th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#11: A Bug's Life (May 11th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#10: The Incredibles (May 4th, 2015) - Buy (sold-out)
#09: Brave 3D (April 7th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#08: Cars 3D (March 10th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#7: Up 3D (March 10th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#06: Monsters Inc 3D (February 17, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#05: Toy Story 3 (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#04: Toy Story 2 (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#03: Toy Story (January 20th, 2014) - Buy (sold-out)
#02: Monsters University (November 25th, 2013) - Buy (sold-out)
#01: Finding Nemo (June 3rd, 2013) - Buy (sold-out)

thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing's been said. They could be waiting for the other films to get a 3D conversion (Ratatouille got one last month, Incredibles is getting one next year, just leaves WallE and I guess A Bug's Life) since we moaned and complained about it enough, but it's only speculation at the moment.

Reactions: rj531
I also think they are waiting for 3d upgrades. Surely they won't finish the line here. Only a few more to go.

Reactions: Skog
I hope they go the whole hog but given they seem to think the Disney line is out of steam and the Pixar's were slow to sell I'm more inclined to think this collection has been quietly shelved

I love Wall-E and it really deserved the Steelbook treatment in the UK, so I wish they included that one. I feel the whole Pixar steelbook was never really fully formed and kind of just fizzled out, almost forgotten about. There was some real potential there.

I haven't bought any of the Pixar Zavvi Steels as BluFans has been making the essential Pixar Steelbooks to get. They've been on a roll with Up, Monsters U and now the fantastic-looking Wall-E. Not to mention, rumors of a Toy Story Trilogy Steelbook Box Set. FYI, I just made this rumor up right now. But with BluFans success with Animated Movies, it's not of the realm of possibility if enough people plead for it.

Either way, I'll probably only grab Pixar Zavvi Steelbooks if they do them for the Pixar Short Films Volumes 1 & 2.

From this list, Nemo steel is the best IMO. The glossy finish and sheen is wonderful. It went downhill from there. Blufans will be releasing WALL-E and that's the version to get, Zavvi can focus on other things (such as looking to improve the steels and keeping up with the glossy releases). Except for Nemo, the rest haven't sold well for Zavvi (maybe too many copies). I'm pretty sure a few more Disney steels will be issues in 2015.