Premium Supporter
Apr 5, 2012
UK
Release date: August 12th, 2013
Purchase Price: £17.39
Purchase Link: The Place Beyond The Pines

View attachment 37246
placeBeyondPines.jpg

thanks to jammyone for posting this picture from bootyman81.

pbtp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So many times I see our German members complaining about the lack of German audio on UK steelbooks

They should be complaining about the lack of German subtitles. Frak dubbing! :scat:

I don't loathe silver steelbooks, I've got a few of them that look quite alright (Seven Psychopaths, The Adjustement Bureau, MI4: Ghost Protocol) but I'll be getting the French version of The Place Beyond the Pines eventually, as it's easier for me, I like the pics some members have uploaded (looks nicer in hand than the mock-ups) and there isn't even an amaray for this film, so it won't sold out anytime soon.

I'm in no hurry, it'll make a nice Christmas present :).

Last edited:
So many times I see our German members complaining about the lack of German audio on UK steelbooks

This is payback :p
haha, touché ;)

But I'm not really complaining about the lack of German audio or subtitles, personally I don't care. I watch neraly all movies in Englisch since I'm 13 years old and even though there are good dubs, I never missed them. I just note the absence of German audio in my videos because I think that - since about 95% of my viewers are from Germany or Austria - there will certainly be a few who want to know whether the film is in German or not.

Just received mine today, I like the look of it in hand. Haven't seen the movie, and don't intend on opening this. But looks nice

Received yesterday. I love the look of it. Mint condition. And for those of you that could not play it in your blu ray players, try hitting "Stop", then "1", and then "Enter" or "OK". It works on my magnavox region A player. It just starts playing, not title menu or anything, but it does work despite being region B.

Zavvi should lower the price on this steel, im sure its not flying out of their warehouse right now. Ill wait this one out

i just finished watching this one, i did not know what the movie was about when i started to watch! what an awesome film, as for the steel is just hideous...i like the French one better, i'd like to get the steel just because but not at the price it is right now..i have seen some recent releases dropping to 10 pounds. i'll wait for a price drop or i'll just go for the French!