Premium Supporter
Apr 5, 2012
UK
Release date: August 12th, 2013
Purchase Price: £17.39
Purchase Link: The Place Beyond The Pines

View attachment 37246
placeBeyondPines.jpg

thanks to jammyone for posting this picture from bootyman81.

pbtp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG! i got this today, the first time i got a steelbook from zavvi in a bubble envelope...when i saw the package i was suffering like crazy, fortunately i got in in perfect conditions....i wished the inside would be the outside...oh well, this is a good movie and the best steel for it right now! n i got it for less than 9 pounds...not to bad, i just would like to know if zavvi is going to continue with this poor packaging....

Just received mine, also in a bubble envelope, and it arrived dented...I am pissed off.:angry: One cannot reasonably expect a Steelbook in a bubble envelope to arrive safely from across the ocean. I will be writing to Zavvi.

Reactions: Steeler and tono06
Just received mine, also in a bubble envelope, and it arrived dented...I am pissed off.:angry: One cannot reasonably expect a Steelbook in a bubble envelope to arrive safely from across the ocean. I will be writing to Zavvi.

Bad shout Zavvi. Seems it's a gamble with them these days - my recent Sierra Madre steel came in a bubble envelope, but Point Break (which was cheaper) was sent in a card box with foam. I'm starting to think they're pre-packed maybe? And the ones that aren't pre-packed in card boxes are just shoved into jiffys, especially if they're under £10. Bad luck, it's a nice steelbook in my opinion. Hope you get a replacement (it took me over a month to sort out a recent return for Cinema Paradiso...which turned up damaged due to jiffy...but apparently they're more accommodating to foreign customers).

Reactions: movieknight
Has anybody had this arrive with a loose disc? I've had two copies arrive with one loose disc and a loose piece of plastic inside.

I love this steelbook actually. I don't find the silver finish to be cheap at all (in fact I'm glad it's not white). The only thing I don't like is that cheesy quote on the back. I liked the film, I liked how it moved on from one story to another, but overall it didn't leave a huge impression on me.

I really do not see the hype for this steelbook. Sure I was pumped when I thought it was gonna be a cream white but its silver and a big letdown just as the movie itself was a big letdown.

Looks like it is sold out....waited too long for it to fall below a tenner....do you all expect this to come back in stock??

Looks like it is sold out....waited too long for it to fall below a tenner....do you all expect this to come back in stock??

This sold out little awhile ago, i 'think' it was £9.99 for awhile before it sold out. I doubt it will come back in stock but it is zavvi so anythings possible lol

Reactions: BaleHardy
Yeah I saw that bay listing, but the US shipping kills it...didn't want to spend that much...and Tesco I don't think ship to US and the coverart they are showing is different...I guess will keep a lookout and pick up later...

Damn, if I had just waited a few more weeks, could have saved half my money. Paid $30 for this on Ebay when they were out of stock. Didn't know if they'd come back in stock. Oh well. Great steelbook though.