Premium Supporter
Apr 5, 2012
UK
Release date: August 12th, 2013
Purchase Price: £17.39
Purchase Link: The Place Beyond The Pines

View attachment 37246
placeBeyondPines.jpg

thanks to jammyone for posting this picture from bootyman81.

pbtp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pics megabee :thumbs: Really enjoyed the movie. Quite a nice steelbook but I wouldn't rate it as one of the best in my collection.

I think it was fine when I put in in the shelf, now I take it out and it looks like this! What happened there, are there steelbook trolls living in my room that crawl under the shrink wrap at night and scratch my babys? :tear:
IMG_0985.JPG

I hate how the price keeps dropping, not too long after release. Good for everyone who was going to pick up later down the line but I feel for all the 7 people who picked this up on release :hilarious:

Reactions: Flip
I hate how the price keeps dropping, not too long after release. Good for everyone who was going to pick up later down the line but I feel for all the 7 people who picked this up on release :hilarious:

Its not so bad. I was one of those who paid full price for this and the price drop does not bother me. I think this is one of the most unique, subtle and gorgeous steelbooks zavvi has ever released and am completely satisfied with my purchase. I got to enjoy the steelbook and watch the movie 3-4 months before all these folks who are now getting the discount. No regrets on the price drop now.

Reactions: matthewtheunicorn
Its not so bad. I was one of those who paid full price for this and the price drop does not bother me. I think this is one of the most unique, subtle and gorgeous steelbooks zavvi has ever released and am completely satisfied with my purchase. I got to enjoy the steelbook and watch the movie 3-4 months before all these folks who are now getting the discount. No regrets on the price drop now.

I was only joking mate. I feel the same about jungle book. Love the film and the steelbook :thumbs: Glad I got it mid August.

I think I will wait till it goes sub £10, I wasn't too impressed with the film but probably worth it for a second watch.

I'm a big fan of simple designs, so I also like this. But I'm disappointed like almost everyone else, that the background is pure silver and no white. The black silhouette would have been looked so much better then.

I've just ordered this one not only because the movie was AMAZING but I also just couldn't resist the cover and the price Zavvi was selling it for! :drool: I can't wait to have it in my hands!

OMG! i got this today, the first time i got a steelbook from zavvi in a bubble envelope...when i saw the package i was suffering like crazy, fortunately i got in in perfect conditions....i wished the inside would be the outside...oh well, this is a good movie and the best steel for it right now! n i got it for less than 9 pounds...not to bad, i just would like to know if zavvi is going to continue with this poor packaging....

Reactions: discov3ry
OMG! i got this today, the first time i got a steelbook from zavvi in a bubble envelope...when i saw the package i was suffering like crazy, fortunately i got in in perfect conditions....i wished the inside would be the outside...oh well, this is a good movie and the best steel for it right now! n i got it for less than 9 pounds...not to bad, i just would like to know if zavvi is going to continue with this poor packaging....

I love this steelbook and in my opinion it has one of the best artworks! :thumbs:
I'm sorry to hear about the packaging your steelbook came in. When I ordered mine from Zavvi not too long ago, mine came inside a thick cardbox with bubble wrapping inside. I have no clue why Zavvi would send yours in such poor protection! :ohno:

Reactions: tono06
this is the first time it happens! i saw some comments from other members having the same situation but now i can confirmed it...hopefully this is a one time only because im having a lot of the Disney steels coming up and i would hate for them to come damaged, especially the ones that are sold out and there's no chance of replacement....

this is the first time it happens! i saw some comments from other members having the same situation but now i can confirmed it...hopefully this is a one time only because im having a lot of the Disney steels coming up and i would hate for them to come damaged, especially the ones that are sold out and there's no chance of replacement....

I don't know how much impact it could have in the future but maybe sending an email to Zavvi leaving feedback about your steelbook packaging could be beneficial... I never had any problem so I don't know how well they would respond. I'm crossing my fingers for your Disney steelbooks! :thumbs:

Reactions: tono06