The Prestige (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 24, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order live on July 3 at 11 AM for Red Carpet, and 12 PM general sale - UK Time)
Price: £16.99
Notes: 2 Discs (Disc 1 Film - Disc 2 Extras)

12607902-8404775351352303.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL why?

This is an amazing steelbook. A limited edition. Why is it being re released?

I wonder if these will all have the same finish from before

Just a reminder of how this could turn out.
Personally I think the original steel is fantastic so you’re lucky if you missed out and this turns out the same. I also asked manta about a release of this and they said they would look into it (I said there’s not been a premium, only the zavvi exclusive) so I found it very weird for this to be announced again today (before I see the reason why)

It’s so glossy it’s hard to get a decent picture without any reflections

6BDA9732-B986-405B-9FDC-D5A8F7C8CC4C.jpeg

8869F54A-87EE-4065-8B97-A96D6BD27C29.jpeg

C50FB12C-2838-4C87-9FF0-B73E615A02B0.jpeg

06FE53E8-CFD8-482F-8056-96148FD172A0.jpeg

A2705530-F5AD-4ABE-B3BB-9C561B0788A2.jpeg

504BB06B-A044-449D-BD0E-32E3C5E92DEE.jpeg

B2EA3776-D317-48D1-8BFD-A9D608B044A2.jpeg

A005DC70-C027-4A6E-A234-D3ECDE5B1F0E.jpeg

This re-release is different to Zavvi 2013 steelbook

It's a re-release of 2015 German/France steelbook

France 2015 unboxing not my video

All the Nolan re-release steelbooks are a shared print run in Europe
These will be available again from other retailers in Europe at some stage
This is why Batman Begins re-release from zavvi sold out fast

Last edited:
This re-release is different to Zavvi 2013 steelbook

It's a re-release of 2015 German/France steelbook

Has that been confirmed? I can see it has more discs which isn’t hard to change. I mean it makes sense it’s the French/ German steel , as the Zavvi glossy embossed is an exclusive.

I’m not interested anyway but I just posted pics of the older one to say how it could turn out. Don’t want it to come across as “this is how it will turn out“. Now it can just be a rub in the face for all that missed it lol

Always wanted to get this, but always been put off with "from the director of........." across the top along with the actors names. The spiral draws you in, which is really clever, but then the stuff across the top spoils it. Would have been great if it was 4k.

Has that been confirmed? I can see it has more discs which isn’t hard to change. I mean it makes sense it’s the French/ German steel , as the Zavvi glossy embossed is an exclusive.

I’m not interested anyway but I just posted pics of the older one to say how it could turn out. Don’t want it to come across as “this is how it will turn out“. Now it can just be a rub in the face for all that missed it lol
Look at the zavvi listing the artwork showing is the 2015 steelbook

Warner done a repressing of the Blu-ray discs for the 4K releases
Prestige 4K Amaray release is 3 discs

These steelbook re-release have the warner repressed discs
Extras on a separate disc

Reactions: Flloydo
Always wanted to get this, but always been put off with "from the director of........." across the top along with the actors names. The spiral draws you in, which is really clever, but then the stuff across the top spoils it. Would have been great if it was 4k.

I agree, it would be 100x better without that and the actor names

Look at the zavvi listing the artwork showing is the 2015 steelbook

ohhh I never even noticed the title placement. Good point

wouldn’t be the first time they were wrong though lol. But yeah it looks to be that version you mention.

Reactions: paulboland
Just a reminder of how this could turn out.
Personally I think the original steel is fantastic so you’re lucky if you missed out and this turns out the same. I also asked manta about a release of this and they said they would look into it (I said there’s not been a premium, only the zavvi exclusive) so I found it very weird for this to be announced again today (before I see the reason why)

It’s so glossy it’s hard to get a decent picture without any reflections

View attachment 475252

I have this steel as well. Grail

Reactions: Flloydo