The Random Quarantine SteelBook Chat Thread

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
We conversate
We compliment
We fuss, We cuss, we bicker, we moan, we groan....

We're a forum community....

With politics aside ...

How you holding up Ninjas ?

What are you doing to pass the time if you're staying in doors ? I know some places are obviously much worse than others ... Wishing you all the best.

Any one spending time organizing your collection etc. ?

Last edited:
no one should be taking ANY health advice from HDN. Seek that from your Doctors.
are you saying we have no clue?
giphy.gif

we are so close to find the cure

Last edited:
My doctory advice for today is let's just stop this nonsense, let's all get exposed to it, we'll either fight it off or not and life can move on. Over in 2 weeks.
Strong flu symptoms for some is better than the global economy crashing for all.

My doctory advice for today is let's just stop this nonsense, let's all get exposed to it, we'll either fight it off or not and life can move on. Over in 2 weeks.
Strong flu symptoms for some is better than the global economy crashing for all.
Your doctor should come here in Italy

I disagree completely.
This ‘virus’ killed 1,400 people, and they use this excuse to shut down the entire world.
No...Each country is independent of each other and their procedures and practices are set in place by there own leaders so the whole world; no. It just seems that way because other countries are following suit of each other if their procedures are working.
For comparison, the common flu kills 500,000 each and every single year.
I quote;
via the NCBI
Influenza is a highly contagious respiratory illness that is responsible for significant morbidity and mortality. Approximately 9% of the world’s population is affected annually, with up to 1 billion infections, 3 to 5 million severe cases, and 300,000 to 500,000 deaths each year.

In the U.S. alone, nearly 20% of the population is affected. On average, 25 to 50 million documented influenza cases, 225,000 hospitalizations, and ultimately more than 20,000 deaths occur every year.

The ONLY reason that the Caronavirus hasn't jumped in numbers is because of the fast quarantine procedures set in place and it's spread is far less than that of Influenza because of each countries shutdown procedures.

The fall of the economy pales in comparison to that if we just let the Caronavirus take over, it would have spread like wildfire and affected billions and killed millions. Would we have rather had only one virus (the Flu) rather than two creating similar numbers in people affected.

The Flu is bad enough as it is and still they have not found a cure for it, there is also no guarantee that a cure/vaccine will be found for the Caronavirus either.

via LiveScience
The new coronavirus causing COVID-19 has led to more than 454,000 illnesses and more than 20,550 deaths worldwide. For comparison, in the U.S. alone, the flu (also called influenza) has caused an estimated 38 million illnesses, 390,000 hospitalizations and 23,000 deaths this season, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

That said, scientists have studied seasonal flu for decades. So, despite the danger of it, we know a lot about flu viruses and what to expect each season. In contrast, very little is known about the new coronavirus and the disease it causes, dubbed COVID-19, because it's so new. This means COVID-19 is something of a wild card in terms of how far it will spread and how many deaths it will cause.
I think this “pandemic” is created to purposefully crash the economy. We are currently in the worst depression in all of human history, that is purposefully perpetrated by the Illuminati.
Unsubstantiated conspiracy jargon.

I been told by HSE to self isolate for next 14 days
Most of the past week since Sunday I had sore throat at various times with headache and chest presure that has come and gone
The chest presure was strange not like anything I experienced before.

Today I feel ok but I had that also during the week at various times when I felt ok but then would have periods of time during day/night when I was not well

Hopefully it's just a normal bug and not the virus but to be safe I have to self isolate

Getting in touch with your GP not easy at the moment as just getting a answering machine telling you to call HSE

I will need GP to issue sick cert on Monday

Next 14 days I will have time to catch up on lot of films

Most of the past week since Sunday I had sore throat at various times with headache and chest presure that has come and gone

Today I feel ok but I had that also during the week at various times when I felt ok but then would have periods of time during day/night when I was not well

Hopefully it's just a normal bug and not the virus but to be safe I have to self isolate

Getting in touch with your GP not easy at the moment as just getting a answering machine telling you to call HSE

Absolutely Paul. Do what is necessary and yes stay home and watch lots. This hobby certainly helps to get you through the isolation period. We're only a few days into our lockdown and as solid movie fans it is a blessing because I know people who are already fed up unable to focus on something to do.

Reactions: paulboland
I am sadly considered an essential worker (I manage a criminal courtroom) so no staying home for me except the weekend. I keep telling my friends that a week in self quarantine would feel like a vacation to me at this point:)

Logistically it is a nightmare and they have started paying us hazard pay this week.

Reactions: Stygian
But there are proven medicines, vaccines, etc. for the flu .... not for COVID19 , so while the numbers may be stark in contrast their is a big difference in that and how it effects you vs. the flu. Some have reported it felt like the flu x10 ... well, that is different.

That’s the problem with society these days. People want easy solutions for not so easy problems. Instead of eating better, they rely on doctors and radiation to cure cancer. Instead of letting their body’s immune system do it’s work, what it’s meant to do, they rely on vaccines. In a society that’s lazy, and want simple solutions to complex questions, smart people can easily control the thoughts and actions of not so smart people. I’m absolutely in awe of how the entire world is terrified of this completely bogus pandemic. Statistically, it is less than 10X as fatal as the common flu. I don’t care what the propaganda is, I’m a numbers guy. As this entire world is in shear terror of this virus, I’m more scared that my house might be haunted. I’m more concerned that I can’t eat inside McDonald’s, because my fries will get cold when get home. I hate cold fries. That’s about how much effort and fear this world ending pandemic is to me. When the rest of the world loses their minds, doesn’t mean you personally gotta.

But not to care about it also not a solution. Imagine some of your related people have it. Would you still not care? It is not good to panic and information overflow is also the wrong procedure, but you can stay informed and ask if everyone of your people is okay.

And right there is the hook, line and sinker, fear. Fear can make a person think and do irrational things. Imagine what mass hysteria can do. But to answer your question, absolutely NOT. I would recommend them to drink a lot of water, and eat raw organic garlic. It’ll be over in a day or 2. You guys should try it next time you have the flu. You’ll see what I mean. Years from now, when there’s a 1000 books written on how the elite 1% used a fake virus, (that coincidentally occurred during the height of flu season) to shut down the entire world, please remember that your man Stevo was not the least bit scared or deceived by this tomfoolery. The world will not end with a bang, but with a small wimpier. How people complied and bought in to this pandemic will mean the death of small businesses, and financial ruin for all. It was Einstein that said there are 2 things that are inifinite, the universe and the stupidity of people. You can join the masses and participate in this charade. Or you can join Stevo, sitting on the sidelines. Drinking beer, eating pizza, and watch this madness enfold, and be amused. The choice is yours. Now, I’m gonna go out to get a bite to eat, and walk in the empty malls. You fellas have a great day.

And right there is the hook, line and sinker, fear. Fear can make a person think and do irrational things. Imagine what mass hysteria can do. But to answer your question, absolutely NOT. I would recommend them to drink a lot of water, and eat raw organic garlic. It’ll be over in a day or 2. You guys should try it next time you have the flu. You’ll see what I mean. Years from now, when there’s a 1000 books written on how the elite 1% used a fake virus, (that coincidentally occurred during the height of flu season) to shut down the entire world, please remember that your man Stevo was not the least bit scared or deceived by this tomfoolery. The world will not end with a bang, but with a small wimpier. How people complied and bought in to this pandemic will mean the death of small businesses, and financial ruin for all. It was Einstein that said there are 2 things that are inifinite, the universe and the stupidity of people. You can join the masses and participate in this charade. Or you can join Stevo, sitting on the sidelines. Drinking beer, eating pizza, and watch this madness enfold, and be amused. The choice is yours. Now, I’m gonna go out to get a bite to eat, and walk in the empty malls. You fellas have a great day.
Correction, Stevo can join me... preaching it since page 1 :giggle: :giggle:
J/k there's room for us both on the mountain of truth. Just stand 6 feet to my left :p

Last edited:

Have you been partying with Boris Johnson again?

• Haha
Reactions: paulboland
That’s the problem with society these days. People want easy solutions for not so easy problems. Instead of eating better, they rely on doctors and radiation to cure cancer. Instead of letting their body’s immune system do it’s work, what it’s meant to do, they rely on vaccines. In a society that’s lazy, and want simple solutions to complex questions, smart people can easily control the thoughts and actions of not so smart people. I’m absolutely in awe of how the entire world is terrified of this completely bogus pandemic. Statistically, it is less than 10X as fatal as the common flu. I don’t care what the propaganda is, I’m a numbers guy. As this entire world is in shear terror of this virus, I’m more scared that my house might be haunted. I’m more concerned that I can’t eat inside McDonald’s, because my fries will get cold when get home. I hate cold fries. That’s about how much effort and fear this world ending pandemic is to me. When the rest of the world loses their minds, doesn’t mean you personally gotta.

You lost me when you talked about eating healthy, and also included McDonalds French Fries. Heh. They are good tho...

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k