The rant/blurb thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
Exactlly what it says. Feel free to blow off some steam or just to comment about something other than tech (no politics).

Just watch the language....Alpha LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate bottling more every time I do it. I'm really considering a fridge/regulator/keg setup at this point

Dude, once you go kegging you'll NEVER go back to bottling. Well, I bottle out of my keg now if I need to make some of it portable, but it is NEVER as tedious as washing and sanitizing 50+ bottles and filling them individually trying not to waste anything.

btw, did you ever talk to that friend that has all those kegs available? That was you wasn't it?

Lmao! It got so bad at work I went out at bought my own personal can of air freshener for such emergencies :hilarious:

I can't sit on a public toilet with the pre-knowledge that someone just had their ass turned inside out before me in the same place

It's alright though, I ran home and took the browns to the superbowl, and meanwhile fedex showed up to deliver my new E71X phone... it's in my desk charging now.. so sleek, so pretty, so not a blackberry but wayyy better than my sony ericsson w300i ... just too bad I can't afford a data plan to use it like it's intended, but at least I can leach off the wifi hotspots now

Lol. Hey, works great for me :D Especially for watching tv show series.

I guess that wasn't all. I'm pissed with Netflix right now cuz I have the 3 out at a time whatever, and they won't ever F'ing send me any new movies. Everything good that I have on my list is always "long wait" or "pick another movie cuz this damn thing will never make it to your house". I've had the same movies in my queue that have said long wait for like 2 months.

I just wish they would buy some more blu's so I don't have to wait 2 damn months for them to send me a movie I actually wanna watch. I really wish I didn't live out in the boonies and could go and just rent them from blockbuster or something.

I guess that wasn't all. I'm pissed with Netflix right now cuz I have the 3 out at a time whatever, and they won't ever F'ing send me any new movies. Everything good that I have on my list is always "long wait" or "pick another movie cuz this damn thing will never make it to your house". I've had the same movies in my queue that have said long wait for like 2 months.

I just wish they would buy some more blu's so I don't have to wait 2 damn months for them to send me a movie I actually wanna watch. I really wish I didn't live out in the boonies and could go and just rent them from blockbuster or something.

That right there just assured me that I won't ever use netflix.

I never had that issue when I had netflix for a month. My recommendation is to put the movies in your queue 3 -4 weeks ahead of release...

I never had that issue when I had netflix for a month. My recommendation is to put the movies in your queue 3 -4 weeks ahead of release...

They don't do this when you sign up for a month cuz they wanna reel you in. Alot of the movies I put in my queue at least a month or two before it even comes out.

They don't do this when you sign up for a month cuz they wanna reel you in. Alot of the movies I put in my queue at least a month or two before it even comes out.

I had that happened a few times now. It's weird though, some say long wait and then I get them in the mail.

I don't know the technical name for it, but gamefly does it too. The first month or so you get everything super fast. Then if you continue the service and you keep a movie out for like a month and barely return it you're more likely to get what you want opposed to people that do a lot of movies a month.

Edit: I found the term, it's throttles. And I posted another rant below that might be similar to yours.

Last edited:
Netflix Throttles

Has anyone noticed the new way Netflix is throttling movie viewers? In the old way they would stop sending movies as fast, and keep the new movies from you. Now they stop sending movies as fast, and keep new movies from you.

Oh Oh! They have gone back to their old ways! Something tells me that they dont like people that send in movies the same day they get them. Looks like Netflix did not learn their lesson when they had the last class action law suit brought against them.

While I am on the subject, have you also noticed that you cannot find out what new movies are coming out on the netflix website? I have to go to AOL's upcoming movies list to even find out. It used to be netflix had a seperate page for all of the new releases. I guess they do not want us to know what new movies are coming out, so we don't put them on our list.

When the new Stargate SG-1 movie came out, I had the movie on my list for a month before it came out. When I called Netflix on the day it came out, Netflix told me it was first movie in goes to whomever has it on their list. There is no waiting list. Then on my list I see Very Long Wait. I would like to hear from some one who has just put this on their list, and has gotten it. I would like to compare experiences between netflix viewers.

And what is up with the Netflix Movie viewer. You can watch movies on your computer. They dont tell you old movies, and movies no one wants to watch any more. Why cant we watch the new movies that are coming out? Why are we limited to just the old stuff.

http://community.netflix.com/forum/topics/1993323:Topic:41803?commentId=1993323:Comment:42496

I don't have any complaints about them at the moment. I get movies in one day. New releases, I put at the bottom of my list so when I eventually get to them they're not on the "waiting list"

Netflix Throttles

Has anyone noticed the new way Netflix is throttling movie viewers? In the old way they would stop sending movies as fast, and keep the new movies from you. Now they stop sending movies as fast, and keep new movies from you.

WTF sir.. WHAT THE ****?!

I just read that like 1 million times to ensure I'm not batsh*t crazy and sure enough you totally said the same damn thing!

*head explode*

Status
Not open for further replies.