The Road (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: 11 August 2014 (was August 4th, 2014)
Buy link: The Road
Note: Limited to 2000

wtVDMv1403870018.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 318
Last edited by a moderator:
Got to say I really like this Steelbook, it's quite minimalist which really bodes well with the overall look. Far better than some of the Lionsgate titles coming in at £17.99 per piece.

Reactions: Noodles
well thats is to ugly and simple and thats why i dont like it....there my contribution...

There we go, that wasn't too hard. Personally I think the steelbook very much suits the film in question. Could it have been better? Probably. A bit flashier and more effective? Sure. But the simple nature of the design isn't at all at odds with the film. And I wouldn't call it ugly. It has a bleak-vibe to it... but then the film itself is as bleak as a film can get. Not every steelbook can hit it out of the park - think you're being a touch harsh.

Ahh, didn't mean to cause offence. The Road is one of my favourite films and I'm a fan of the design of the steelbook. Now I don't mind it when folks don't have the exact same opinion that I hold... but I genuinely just wanted a bit more from tono06 there as I thought his post was rather vague really, you know? If he'd have said that he thought the steelbook was ugly and simple straight off the bat I wouldn't have responded in such a way. My apologies, guys, if I came across a little or quite a lot patronising. (still getting to grips with this whole forum thingy)

Last edited:
Reactions: fleurgasm
Ahh, didn't mean to cause offence. The Road is one of my favourite films and I'm a fan of the design of the steelbook. Now I don't mind it when folks don't have the exact same opinion that I hold... but I genuinely just wanted a bit more from tono06 there as I thought his post was rather vague really, you know? If he'd have said that he thought the steelbook was ugly and simple straight off the bat I wouldn't have responded in such a way. My apologies, guys, if I came across a little or quite a lot patronising. (still getting to grips with this whole forum thingy)

I wasn't being serious just wanted to use the pic ;)

It's a bleak look into a post-apocalyptic setting, it's not suppose to be enlightening. A good movie to boot though. I thoroughly enjoyed it. :)
I think the steelbook fits the movie perfectly. One of my favorite movies as post-apocalyptic and disaster movies are my favorite type of movies.