Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release Date: February 10th, 2014
Price: £14.99
Buy Link:
Zavvi
Notes: Zavvi Exclusive Steelbook with Matt Finish and Embossed Door and Title Treatment. This product is limited to 4000 copies.

Pre-order goes live September 7 2013

Artwork:
10851837-1378457196-493258.jpg

10851837-1378457235-670947.jpg

10851837-1378457254-643414.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 299
Last edited by a moderator:
It's the game we play mate :D

I'm constantly finding steels for cheaper than what I paid for them.

Lol that is true! It's a gamble lol, lately it's not been worth buying them straight away from zavvi because most of the time they come down in price a couple of months later. They must have loads that aren't selling, probably the reason for all the 2000 print runs we're seeing now too.

Anyone got this? What's the transfer like? :movie: Might pick this up for 8 squid as i've never actually invested in any version of it, yet it's one of my favorites:LOL:

It's well worth £7.99! I think the transfer is pretty nice too. I've never seen the US version, I'd like to though

Reactions: Stevieboy
Great film and transfer but the steelbook isn't the best. The very low resolution back art looks poor and the matte finish doesn't help. At this price though if you don't own the film this is definatly worth picking up,

I wasn't going to get this and get the Kubrick boxset for £20 instead which works out at less than £3 each for 7 films but I'm not too fond of Clockwork and only like the first half of Full Metal Jacket, and I managed to get this for £6.50 which is the price of the regular blu ray anyway

How thin is the metal and the print compared to Daredevil, Gremlins and Django Unchained?

greyback, just a friendly hint, because i see you asking the same questions all over several threads, but hardly ever answered:

almost all steelbooks from zavvi i own are exactly the same in quality when it comes to the "thickness" of the metal. in fact, almost all of my steelbooks feel the same in weight when in hand, the only difference i recognize is of course when there's goodies like booklets etc. inside.

as for the print quality, just search for ricster's pictures, he does amazing close-up shots of almost any steelbook worldwide out there.
then open the pictures next to each other and compare them. you will see the differences, and if the steelbook has the metallic shiney whatever print you want. ;)

take it easy, happy collecting and a nice weekend!
:thumbs:

Thanks for the large reply.

Sadly ist verydifficult to sea shiny metalic effects on pictures, its different then in hand.

And not all Zavi steelbooks have the same metal, for example Taxi Driver have in my opinion a heavier metal then Daredevil or Gremlins.