The SteelBook™ Group Buy Request / Discussion Thread

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Would you like a member to host a group buy? Is there something that you think might be interesting to other members as well?

Can you all save on shipping? Or get some other type of discount?

Group buy hosts and members - use this thread to see if there is interest in the title(s) you are looking for.

Hi. Apologies if this has been asked already. Is anyone doing a mini GB for the exclusive Re-Animator steelbook from FYE? If so I'm very interested. Thanks.

Hello - I'm new to the forums, located in the USA, and was wondering what are the benefits of a group buy? I have purchased many items directly from Zavvi in the past, and of course locally from BestBuy. Going forward I may have some interest in some Blufans items; what about the GB would be more beneficial than ordering directly? Thanks.

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Hello - I'm new to the forums, located in the USA, and was wondering what are the benefits of a group buy? I have purchased many items directly from Zavvi in the past, and of course locally from BestBuy. Going forward I may have some interest in some Blufans items; what about the GB would be more beneficial than ordering directly? Thanks.
Hi @wallst32, welcome to the forum! GB’s can be useful if it’s an item that is not readily available for people. The Blufans releases are not available direct from a store so you can either join the GB or end up paying a much higher price on ebay later on!

Other times it’s because certain stores only shop to certain countries so the GB’s help people collect items they wouldn’t normally be able to attain. Zavvi do ship worldwide but not all stores do, other people also like the convinience of guaranteeing a copy with the more popular titles. They can sell out very quickly and you may miss out buying direct but a GB will guarantee your copy. I hope that helps. If you have any more questions just give me or one of the other moderators a shout!:)

Hi @wallst32, welcome to the forum! GB’s can be useful if it’s an item that is not readily available for people. The Blufans releases are not available direct from a store so you can either join the GB or end up paying a much higher price on ebay later on!

Other times it’s because certain stores only shop to certain countries so the GB’s help people collect items they wouldn’t normally be able to attain. Zavvi do ship worldwide but not all stores do, other people also like the convinience of guaranteeing a copy with the more popular titles. They can sell out very quickly and you may miss out buying direct but a GB will guarantee your copy. I hope that helps. If you have any more questions just give me or one of the other moderators a shout!:)

Thanks for the welcome and response. I think I confused "Blufanatics" as a direct retail site for Blufans. Guess I'll need to keep an eye out for future GB's!

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Thanks for the welcome and response. I think I confused "Blufanatics" as a direct retail site for Blufans. Guess I'll need to keep an eye out for future GB's!
No worries! Yes it’s not a retail site as far as I know. We have GB’s for most Blu-fans releases. If you keep a look out on the GB section you shouldn’t miss any!:)

Reactions: ScissorhandsFan
Hi, I am new to this forum and I am hoping to snag any copy of the Infinity War Blufan steel when it comes out. 1. How do I reserve a copy in a groupbuy? 2. Will I not be able to if I am a new member, if seniority or member tier rules apply 3. What can I do to be ready and get a good guarantee to reserve a copy? I am not looking for any specific One Click, or 1/4 slip, I just am dying to reserve an blu fan copy for infinity war. Thank you very much!

Hi, I am new to this forum and I am hoping to snag any copy of the Infinity War Blufan steel when it comes out. 1. How do I reserve a copy in a groupbuy? 2. Will I not be able to if I am a new member, if seniority or member tier rules apply 3. What can I do to be ready and get a good guarantee to reserve a copy? I am not looking for any specific One Click, or 1/4 slip, I just am dying to reserve an blu fan copy for infinity war. Thank you very much!

If you visit our Group Buy section - you'll see listings for BluFans items already. When Infinity War is available to purchased it will be listed there - there are no restrictions to buy, anyone can get a copy.

Hope that helps and welcome to HDN!

If you visit our Group Buy section - you'll see listings for BluFans items already. When Infinity War is available to purchased it will be listed there - there are no restrictions to buy, anyone can get a copy.

Hope that helps and welcome to HDN!
2 more questions
1. I will I know when it's available to purchase?
2. When I am on the group buy page for a certain steelbook I want to purchase, is there a button I press to say I want to purchase?

2 more questions
1. I will I know when it's available to purchase?
2. When I am on the group buy page for a certain steelbook I want to purchase, is there a button I press to say I want to purchase?

You could watch our group buy section and you will get a forum alert (or e-mail, your preference) when a new group buy is posted.

That's one way. You can also try to keep up with the discussion thread as it's also posted there.

In regards to your 2nd question - there are a number of group buys that still have stock - there is a button that says "order now" and the price.

See this listing - look for the blue button on the right.

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/resources/nova-exclusive-21-taken-quarter-slip.566/