Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
4.14 star(s) Rating: 4.14/5 7 Votes
Title: The Suicide Squad (2021)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: James Gunn

Cast: Margot Robbie, Joel Kinnaman, Idris Elba, Viola Davis, Jai Courtney, Taika Waititi, Nathan Fillion, John Cena, Sean Gunn and more!

Release: 2021-08-04

Attachments

• suicide squad 2.jpg
    suicide squad 2.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 841
Have you been hit on the head bud? :wacky:

Yes he has. More than once. Absolute multiple times

Some costumes looks cheezy as ***... but LOVE what we can see atm!
And... Harley....

I felt like that with the character trailer. But the second i See the behind the scenes it kinda made sense to me. Plus if it’s the 70s then it makes even more sense.

Although I don’t get why I would be the 70s as it’s a sequel to the first film which is definitely not set in the 70s or before. Unless there’s time travel involved.

Is this set in the 70s? :wacky: .... I’m confused

I felt like that with the character trailer. But the second i See the behind the scenes it kinda made sense to me. Plus if it’s the 70s then it makes even more sense.

Although I don’t get why I would be the 70s as it’s a sequel to the first film which is definitely not set in the 70s or before. Unless there’s time travel involved.

I think they meant that it's LIKE a gritty 1970s war movie or inspired by those movies.

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
I think they meant that it's LIKE a gritty 1970s war movie or inspired by those movies.

Lol you know What, I originally though that. But that battle looked like it was set in nam or summat so I was a tad confused. The costumes are very 70s for some Of them tho. Like the early watchmen

Suicide Squad is moving in a new direction as

FA3E99AA-C6E1-42FD-A976-A744DD9E66B7.jpeg

and can’t wait to see what Gunn has installed for us as he’s is taking a lot of inspiration from the Ostranders’s run of the original Suicide Squad Comics hence why it has an old school feel to it.

Last edited:
Suicide Squad is moving in a new direction as

View attachment 482790

and can’t wait to see what Gunn has installed for us as he’s is taking a lot of inspiration from the Ostranders’s run of the original Suicide Squad Comics hence why it has an old school feel to it.

last I read it was a sequel. Weird, they must of changed it recently or in the last few months.

Surely a reinvention don’t really work because Harley and boomerang will know each other. Will be weird then acknowledging some things and maybe not others. It’s still a sequel to me if it’s the same cast in places plus will smith is always welcome back (apparently)

Even though I don’t like the first, the term reinvention is a bit of a kick in the nuts to Ayer lol but oh well. It’s these kinds of things that will confuse the average moviegoer who don’t know the ins and outs of all this Behind closed doors.

I guarantee they don’t market it as a reinvention

I’m also seeing it referred to a soft reboot and in some territories will be called suicide squad 2 lol.
this is a sequel to me. I won’t complicate things. A sequel that erases the first one haha

Decent sarcasm, fooled me :naughty:

I wasn’t being sarcastic

Surely a reinvention don’t really work because Harley and boomerang will know each other. Will be weird then acknowledging some things and maybe not others. It’s still a sequel to me if it’s the same cast in places plus will smith is always welcome back (apparently)

Even though I don’t like the first, the term reinvention is a bit of a kick in the nuts to Ayer lol but oh well. It’s these kinds of things that will confuse the average moviegoer who don’t know the ins and outs of all this Behind closed doors.

I guarantee they don’t market it as a reinvention

It’s basically how comic book runs work when a new writer takes over, some things remain canon some don’t so they can tell their own iteration of the characters and put their own spin on it while respecting parts of what has come before it. Definitely not a kick in the nuts to Ayer as he’s giving his full support for Gunn’s Suicide Squad. It will be marketed as The Suicide Squad while not suggesting it’s a sequel because it’s not.

I’m also seeing it referred to a soft reboot and in some territories will be called suicide squad 2 lol.
this is a sequel to me. I won’t complicate things. A sequel that erases the first one haha

I reckon that's exactly the vibe they're going for. I don't expect them to reference the first film at all, conversely though I don't expect them to treat this as an origins story for the team either

Question I have now though is where does BOP fit into this? Because that film clearly does exist in the first Suicide Squad films universe, guess they just ignore BOP completely as well. But if they do that how do they explain how Harley's been enlisted back into Task Force X again? Erm...

Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo
Question I have now though is where does BOP fit into this? Because that film clearly does exist in the first Suicide Squad films universe, guess they just ignore BOP completely as well. But if they do that how do they explain how Harley's been enlisted back into Task Force X again? Erm...

BoP comes before and Waller will recapture Harley to enlist her back in The Suicide Squad.

BoP comes before and Waller will recapture Harley to enlist her back in The Suicide Squad.

Yeah I get that, that's obvious but by doing so will they reference BOP at all because ipso facto they're then referencing the first Suicide Squad film that they're seemingly going to try and ignore

Yeah I get that, that's obvious but by doing so will they reference BOP at all because ipso facto they're then referencing the first Suicide Squad film that they're seemingly going to try and ignore

firstly BoP has already been referenced from what we’ve seen in The Suicide Squad footage and secondly they aren’t simply going to try and ignore the first Suicide squad as Gunn is using the foundation Ayer layed out remaining in continuity but re-telling a different story written by Gunn with a very different squad then what we were used to before. Remember for the most part Suicide Squad members are expendable D listers and helps put some limelight on these characters that they wouldn’t get otherwise.

firstly BoP has already been referenced from what we’ve seen in The Suicide Squad footage and secondly they aren’t simply going to try and ignore the first Suicide squad as Gunn is using the foundation Ayer layed out remaining in continuity but re-telling a different story written by Gunn with a very different squad then what we were used to before. Remember for the most part Suicide Squad members are expendable D listers and helps put some limelight on these characters that they wouldn’t get otherwise.

So it is a sequel then (or maybe 'follow up' is more apt), just a sequel with some characters returning and some new ones :LOL::rofl:

It’s basically how comic book runs work when a new writer takes over, some things remain canon some don’t so they can tell their own iteration of the characters and put their own spin on it while respecting parts of what has come before it. Definitely not a kick in the nuts to Ayer as he’s giving his full support for Gunn’s Suicide Squad. It will be marketed as The Suicide Squad while not suggesting it’s a sequel because it’s not.

I think it’s better to call it a soft reboot instead of Ayer saying reinvention. Or as Tommy says a follow up (which Is a sequel)

plus although he fully supports Gunn which I believe it’s still a kick in his nuts to his first Film whether he admits it or not. He’s playing nice to the cameras but deep down I bet he’s annoyed it pretty much replaces his. Who wouldn’t be, he’s a director that made a film lol

Still, don’t mean he can’t enjoy Gunn’s film or be excited for it.

Last edited:
So it is a sequel then (or maybe 'follow up' is more apt), just a sequel with some characters returning and some new ones :LOL::rofl:

It’s still a sequel regardless. It’s being called suicide squad 2 in places lol plus millions of people will refer to it as that anyway

Reactions: tommyh84
I think it’s better to call it a soft reboot instead of Ayer saying reinvention. Or as Tommy says a follow up (which Is a sequel)

plus although he fully supports Gunn which I believe it’s still a kick in his nuts to his first Film whether he admits it or not. He’s playing nice to the cameras but deep down I bet he’s annoyed it pretty much replaces his. Who wouldn’t be, he’s a director that made a film lol

Still, don’t mean he can’t enjoy Gunn’s film or be excited for it.

That’s the thing it’s not a soft reboot or a sequel it’s exactly what Ayer states it is, it’s a reinvention which is basically how the comics work when a new writer does a run where some characters and elements will continue to be used as canon but also adding their own spin on it creating their own canon.

Also why would he be annoyed as Gunn’s The Suicide Squad ISN’T replacing his they co-exist as Ayer layed down the foundation for other directors to continue on plus he’s also full steam ahead concentrating on getting his Ayer Cut out there which will end up replacing the theatrical cut.