Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
4.14 star(s) Rating: 4.14/5 7 Votes
Title: The Suicide Squad (2021)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: James Gunn

Cast: Margot Robbie, Joel Kinnaman, Idris Elba, Viola Davis, Jai Courtney, Taika Waititi, Nathan Fillion, John Cena, Sean Gunn and more!

Release: 2021-08-04

Attachments

• suicide squad 2.jpg
    suicide squad 2.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 833
It’s still a sequel regardless. It’s being called suicide squad 2 in places lol plus millions of people will refer to it as that anyway

It’s not a sequel lol so what if places are calling it Suicide Squad 2 there just misinformed and people will refer to what it is The Suicide Squad.

It’s not a sequel lol so what if places are calling it Suicide Squad 2 there just misinformed and people will refer to what it is The Suicide Squad.

You really think that when people are talking about the movie together (and I don’t mean us nerds who know what’s going on - I mean the average cinema goer) will not refer to it as suicide squad 2? Of course they will. I’ll refer to it as number 2 for simplicity. It’s just easier

imagine having a conversation with friends and actually slaying out the words ‘suicide squad’ and ‘the suicide squad‘ When talking about both Films. It will be labelled suicide squad 2 by pretty much everyone who refers to this sequel.

You really think that when people are talking about the movie together (and I don’t mean us nerds who know what’s going on - I mean the average cinema goer) will not refer to it as suicide squad 2? Of course they will. I’ll refer to it as number 2 for simplicity. It’s just easier

imagine having a conversation with friends and actually slaying out the words ‘suicide squad’ and ‘the suicide squad‘ When talking about both Films. It will be labelled suicide squad 2 by pretty much everyone who refers to this sequel.

:LOL: Nope why would they as it’s not a sequel :LOL: maybe the 2nd Suicide Squad but not Suicide Squad 2 and no calling it the 2nd Suicide Squad doesn’t make it a sequel. Easier doesn’t all of a sudden make it a sequel because guess what it’s not a sequel :LOL: I will keep referring to it as Gunn’s The Suicide Squad because that’s exactly what it is and the GP will probably refer to it as the offical title The Suicide Squad.

Reactions: GeoRattray
:LOL: Nope why would they as it’s not a sequel :LOL: maybe the 2nd Suicide Squad but not Suicide Squad 2 and no calling it the 2nd Suicide Squad doesn’t make it a sequel. Easier doesn’t all of a sudden make it a sequel because guess what it’s not a sequel :LOL: I will keep referring to it as Gunn’s The Suicide Squad because that’s exactly what it is and the GP will probably refer to it as the offical title The Suicide Squad.

And so will I because I’m a geek and know about it’s history. I knows its Gunn’s suicide squad. But I won’t refer to it as that when speaking about it out loud or on here. If we’re in a thread and we talk about suicide squad I’ll simply label them 1 & 2. Everyone will know what I’m on about on here. I wouldn’t waste my time adding more words.

It’s like birds of prey. When someone’s talking to a mate they won’t use the full title. I love the title but I’ll never ever say the fantabolous title. It’s too long. It’s simpler to say birds of prey. Or even the Harley Quinn movie.

A lot of people won’t even be aware of the full title because it’s main title is birds of prey. I’ve got 12/15 mates who hate superhero movies. So they outnumber me. They won’t have a clue on the full BoP title let alone if the suicide squad is a sequel, a reinvention or a remake. They’ll assume it’s a sequel because the marketing won’t imply it’s a reinvention. They don’t all follow David Ayer on Twitter, let alone know who he even is. If by chance one of them wants to see it because their partner wants to, they won’t know all the geeky crap we know. It’s a sequel to them and it’s suicide squad 2 to them. Along with millions of others

And so will I because I’m a geek and know about it’s history. I knows its Gunn’s suicide squad. But I won’t refer to it as that when speaking about it out loud or on here. If we’re in a thread and we talk about suicide squad I’ll simply label them 1 & 2. Everyone will know what I’m on about on here. I wouldn’t waste my time adding more words.

It’s like birds of prey. When someone’s talking to a mate they won’t use the full title. I love the title but I’ll never ever say the fantabolous title. It’s too long. It’s simpler to say birds of prey. Or even the Harley Quinn movie.

A lot of people won’t even be aware of the full title because it’s main title is birds of prey. I’ve got 12/15 mates who hate superhero movies. So they outnumber me. They won’t have a clue on the full BoP title let alone if the suicide squad is a sequel, a reinvention or a remake. They’ll assume it’s a sequel because the marketing won’t imply it’s a reinvention. They don’t all follow David Ayer on Twitter, let alone know who he even is. If by chance one of them wants to see it because their partner wants to, they won’t know all the geeky crap we know. It’s a sequel to them and it’s suicide squad 2 to them. Along with millions of others

It is called The Suicide Squad NOT Suicide Squad 2 why would it be marketed as a sequel when ITS NOT a sequel. Marketing would want to refer to as The Suicide Squad as well to distant itself from Suicide Squad which was a box office hit but still got a very poor reception.

BoP is different your referring to a subtitle completely different as with The Suicide Squad your subtracting the word ‘the’ at the start and adding a 2 at the end still ending up having to say three words it makes no sense whatsoever.

It is called The Suicide Squad NOT Suicide Squad 2 why would it be marketed as a sequel when ITS NOT a sequel. Marketing would want to refer to as The Suicide Squad as well to distant itself from Suicide Squad which was a box office hit but still got a very poor reception.

BoP is different your referring to a subtitle completely different as with The Suicide Squad your subtracting the word ‘the’ at the start and adding a 2 at the end still ending up having to say three words it makes no sense whatsoever.

I don’t think your understanding my point. And we will just keep going over and over.
We know all this info because we know. We talk on a film forum about it. But the other 98% of the world who casually watch films will have seen the first suicide squad and normally assume this is a sequel.

your also taking It very literal. I know it’s called the suicide squad. But if I’m speaking with a mate in depth we will refer to it as number 2 because it’s still the second film in the suicide squad films. The 3rd one might be called suicide squad: ......... (enter subtitle here) but people will still refer to it as suicide squad 3

Just like the avengers films have subtitles. But not everyone knows the order. So some refer to it as avengers 2, avengers 3, avengers 4 etc. It’s not that deep. But you seem to take offence If someone will refer to a film as the 2nd, 3rd (or however many ther will be in the series of SS films in the future). This may not be a direct sequel. But it’s still the 2nd suicide squad film and some..... actually a lot, will refer to it as the 2nd.

anyway, it don’t matter. We know what it is. We know it’s the The Suicide Squad. But it’s still the 2nd suicide squad film

my point with BoP is if there’s ever a sequel (which I doubt) then it could also have a long subtitle without a ‘2’ in the title but people would still refer to it as BoP 2.
If it’s a sequel, reboot or reinvention

Anyway, stepping away from this conversation

Does anyone know if weasel will talk? If so I wonder who will voice him. I can picture a Gollum style voice. Or just weird grunts and animal noises lol

Reactions: GeoRattray
I don’t think your understanding my point. And we will just keep going over and over.
We know all this info because we know. We talk on a film forum about it. But the other 98% of the world who casually watch films will have seen the first suicide squad and normally assume this is a sequel.

your also taking It very literal. I know it’s called the suicide squad. But if I’m speaking with a mate in depth we will refer to it as number 2 because it’s still the second film in the suicide squad films. The 3rd one might be called suicide squad: ......... (enter subtitle here) but people will still refer to it as suicide squad 3

Just like the avengers films have subtitles. But not everyone knows the order. So some refer to it as avengers 2, avengers 3, avengers 4 etc. It’s not that deep. But you seem to take offence If someone will refer to a film as the 2nd, 3rd (or however many ther will be in the series of SS films in the future). This may not be a direct sequel. But it’s still the 2nd suicide squad film and some..... actually a lot, will refer to it as the 2nd.

anyway, it don’t matter. We know what it is. We know it’s the The Suicide Squad. But it’s still the 2nd suicide squad film

my point with BoP is if there’s ever a sequel (which I doubt) then it could also have a long subtitle without a ‘2’ in the title but people would still refer to it as BoP 2.
If it’s a sequel, reboot or reinvention

:LOL: Exactly I mentioned maybe it will be called the 2nd Suicide Squad movie already your just repeating what I just said earlier which doesn’t make it a sequel anyways. 2 implies it as a sequel which is wrong so when Suicide Squad 2 is out and after watching it how could anyone even consider it a sequel when it’s not a sequel.

BoP 2 with or without subtitle makes sense if it’s an actual sequel if it’s not a sequel well then it’s the same scenario as The Suicide Squad.

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
You guys are so passionate on the squad to create some genuine interesting debate from both sides.

The general movie goers will call this 'The ..', 'Two', '2'', 'Sequel'', 'The Second One', 'Next One' ,'The Second Coming', or 'God ....Not Again' :D

All I wan't is it to be entertaining and a big success :thumbs:

Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo
If they make a BoP reboot/ remake/ reinvention with the same cast people will refer to its as BoP 2 just like they will with this because it features 4 or 5 of the same actors reprising their roles. Regardless of it’s supposed to a reinvention. It’s still a second film to that series in the DCEU

In order for people to not refer to it as the 2nd film in conversations,
Then it has to be a reboot with brand new actors. Then it would be called suicide squad whatever subtitle.

As this features some of the same actors playing the same characters (for Margot now the 3rd time) then they will at times refer to this as suicide squad 2. It’s that simple. And not that deep

• Haha
Reactions: willbar84
If they make a BoP reboot/ remake/ reinvention with the same cast people will refer to its as BoP 2 just like they will with this because it features 4 or 5 of the same actors reprising their roles. Regardless of it’s supposed to a reinvention. It’s still a second film to that series in the DCEU

In order for people to not refer to it as the 2nd film in conversations,
Then it has to be a reboot with brand new actors. Then it would be called suicide squad whatever subtitle.

As this features some of the same actors playing the same characters (for Margot now the 3rd time) then they will at times refer to this as suicide squad 2. It’s that simple. And not that deep

:rofl::rofl::hilarious: It’s NOT a sequel though or a reboot it’s not that deep so no need for the number 2 because it’s actually a reinvention neither of the above :LOL:

:rofl::rofl::hilarious: It’s NOT a sequel though or a reboot it’s not that deep because it’s actually a reinvention neither of the above :LOL:

Wilbar. Honestly man. I’m on about the whole of the rest of the world that won’t know this because it’s not common knowledge. Your a DC fanatic so you know this. Not everyone else does.

what are you not understanding what I’ve been saying from the beginning?

people will refer to it as ‘The suicide squad‘ and ‘suicide squad 2’. That’s it. That’s all there is to say really.
if it was a different cast then they wouldn’t. It would be the first of that reboot

Wilbar. Honestly man. I’m on about the whole of the rest of the world that won’t know this because it’s not common knowledge. Your DC fanatic so you know this. Not everyone else does.

what are you not understanding what I’ve been saying from the beginning?

people will refer to it as ‘The suicide squad‘ and ‘suicide squad 2’. That’s it. That’s all there is to say really.
if it was a different cast then they wouldn’t. It would be the first of that reboot

Why would that refer to it as Suicide Squad 2 when wait for it yep it’s NOT a sequel, when the GP have watched the film it will be clear that wait for it’s NOT actually a sequel :rofl: hence proving my point :LOL:

Remember most of us didn't get much sleep over the weekend, we we're geeking out on DC rather than having lives :naughty:

We've all discovered Nirvana (again for some) because of it... but that is another property :thumbs:

King Shark and Weasel, we all want to know more...

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo