The Terminator (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 18, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre order will be live on Thursday October 24th at Midday 12pm UK time)
Price: £15.99

12218443-1314688023588467.jpg

12218443-9414688023684341.jpg 12218443-1954688022168447.jpg

Last edited:
It is this silly Comic Con artwork

I don't know who came up with the stupid idea to use THIS artwork for a Steelbook. :BS:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
Reactions: Noodles
Where have I seen that front art before? And I'm not trying to be funny by hinting "down the toilet" or anything like that either lol.

I'm sure I've seen it as a poster or something and actually didn't mind it in that format... but yeah, it doesn't work so well on a steel.
It was a 2015 Comic Con exclusive at Best Buy
E9114481-DEE0-4549-9BD3-9159DDA2E37E.jpeg

Reactions: Noodles
Live now for Red Carpet Subscribers

Those that don't have red carpet subscription
Pre order will be live on Thursday October 24th at Midday 12pm UK time

This is very much like the Fox Definitives dvd steelbook that was out over 10 years ago. I really like that one, and still have it, but this?..........i don’t understand why, but there you go.

I don't really like the design, but placed an order in anyway, as I only have a regular Amaray version. The Terminator steels seem to sell out pretty quickly always also, so didn't want to miss out. The back and interior look really nice though.

Can someone explain to me what "Exclusive" means anymore? I literally received this steelbook the other day from Amazon. I really would love to know how this is a 'Zavvi Exclusive' when it's for sale on Amazon.

Can someone explain to me what "Exclusive" means anymore? I literally received this steelbook the other day from Amazon. I really would love to know how this is a 'Zavvi Exclusive' when it's for sale on Amazon.
Zavvi in the UK ...
Available in other territories:-
Germany (Amzn) ......................France (Amzn) ................ Japan (Amzn) + S. Korea (WeET Collection) ..........................
1571964670364.png
+
1571965028763.png
+
1571965457251.png
+

Have we ever had this yet?
7124A8OOL6L._SY741_.jpg

It's all I want
Similar ...................................................................................................... closer on the slip .................................................................. closer still on the laserdisc .......................................................I
1571966520112.png
/
1571965206374.png
/
1571966606627.png

Yeah, I concur that it is less than stellar. Not having Terminator on steel I was tempted to pull the trigger just to have it, but I'm going to count on the rehash epidemic to bring forth one more worthy of my shelf.

This is a WWA steelbook
Exclusive to Zavvi in the UK
Zavvi are a UK retailer

Not available to purchase from other UK retailers example Amazon UK/HMV/Zoom etc
Any listing of this steelbook you will see on Amazon UK after release date will be third party sellers who purchased from Zavvi and then listed on Amazon UK

Amazon UK and Amazon France and Amazon Germany and Amazon Italy is a retailer in different countries the steelbook Jcard language is different in each country and also possible difference in discs included.

Example
You can have Amazon UK exclusive but still be available to order from amazon and other retailers in Germany/France/Italy a steelbook release in different countries

Steelbooks are from film distributors
A distributor then offer to retailers as trade wide in some countries and also give to a retailer as an exclusive in some countries.

Exclusive to Zavvi or Exclusive to Amazon UK or Exclusive to HMV don't mean that steelbook will not be available in other countries it just means exclusive to that retailer in that country.

A lot of WWA steelbooks get a release in various countries with some been retailer exclusive in some countries

• Informative
Reactions: WaxWeazle
This is a WWA steelbook
Exclusive to Zavvi in the UK
Zavvi are a UK retailer
Not available to purchase from other UK retailers example Amazon UK/HMV/Zoom etc
Any listing of this steelbook you will see on Amazon UK will be third party sellers who purchased from Zavvi and listed on Amazon UK

Amazon UK and Amazon France and Amazon Germany are different retailers in different countries

Steelbooks are from film distributors
A distributor then offer to retailers as trade wide in some countries and also give to a retailer as an exclusive in some countries.

Exclusive to Zavvi or Exclusive to Amazon UK or Exclusive to HMV don't mean that steelbook will not be available in other countries it just means exclusive to that retailer in that country.

A lot of WWA steelbooks get a release in various countries with some been retailer exclusive in some countries

This is wrong, Zoom sell the exact same Steelbooks that Zavvi claim to be Exclusive, look up The Karate Kid or Moon Steelbooks on both sites, The 5th Wave is an interesting one that Zavvi claim to be Exclusive and Limtied to 500 copies..

This is wrong, Zoom sell the exact same Steelbooks that Zavvi claim to be Exclusive, look up The Karate Kid or Moon Steelbooks on both sites, The 5th Wave is an interesting one that Zavvi claim to be Exclusive and Limtied to 500 copies..
It's not wrong
I gather you never worked in Music/Film retailer business as a product buyer for a retailer
Exclusive can be for a few weeks/months with a retailer and then be available with other retailers later in same country.

This is why you see a Zoom exclusive show up on Zavvi a few months later and zavvi exclusive show up months or a year later on HMV or Amazon

Exclusive to a retailer can be for just a few weeks or be for months/years and then released trade wide

Most exclusive releases have a time period applied to how long it will be exclusive with a retailer and when that expires the distributor can provid that release to other retailers.

Example
When I was with tower records I had exclusive on some releases that was for a Month before other retailers could sell the same release

Reactions: St4rlord
Mate, I wouldn't argue with Paul.. top dog :thumbs: , top ninja :thumbs:
Back to the thread, this Terminator steelbook release is hideous.
I'v got the Hdzeta, Filmarena (same as past Zavvi) and Play.com.. all are better than this new offering

I don't really like the design, but placed an order in anyway, as I only have a regular Amaray version. The Terminator steels seem to sell out pretty quickly always also, so didn't want to miss out. The back and interior look really nice though.
I would rather pay double on eBay for any other Terminator steelbook than buy this turd "just to have a steel"

I don’t own any T1 steels, if this is all that’s currently available it’s going to stay that way.

(Always checking out the bay for previous releases)

Reactions: jaws finatic