The Thing (1982) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (CX Media) [Taiwan]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: September 9, 2021
Purchase links: CX Media (no international orders) - Sofa Cinema
Price: NT$1580 (CX Media) - NT$1500 (Sofa Cinema)

6447559F-138B-44C9-9623-7618F106A477.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to register with the sofa site... doesn't like my birthday " Please fill in it correctly. It cannot be modified after registration" It picks the bloody format.. I can't change that. And it doesn't like my cell phone.. any tips in entering an international number? I tried my country code .. no luck.
You can manually enter your bday year-month-day e.g. 1985-10-26.

For your phone#, put “+” and your country#, then your phone#. If you live in the White House, put +12024561111.

1929E346-19BC-4595-B631-877F3448EA34.jpeg

is anyone willing to help me with 2 units? they do not ship to Croatia :(

This is written in their purchase guide:
We provide shipping to some overseas countries, please see the countries and shipping method during checkout. (If you do not see your location, please feel free to contact us through email!)

Try contact them and ask, maybe you can reach agreement?
If not, maybe ask wdpung regarding purchase and price, maybe he can help you?

Yeah but probably can get them for cheapest among all ppl here.
Maybe company is more responsive on FB.
What about YesAsia? Did you look there?

Last edited:
is anyone willing to help me with 2 units? they do not ship to Croatia :(
Their country's post office has a temporary ban on shipping packages to Russia as well, so I've emailed them, they answered fast that only UPS or FedEx is available. I'd prefer DHL, as they're cheaper and process packages at customs up to 200 euros themselves, but they answered today that they can only work with UPS:

We had checked with UPS and FEDEX.
UPS can deliver as Business to Consumer, but FEDEX can't.

You need to provide the following documents for import products:
. Legal documents of the importer (notarized copies) or passport copy for private individual
. Application letter to customs
. Translation of the invoice into Russian (to be attested by the importer)
. A copy of the contract between the Shipper and the Importer (if applicable)
. Passport of bank transaction. This is a special document of currency control, which is issued by the importer's bank (if applicable)
. Proof of Payment (if applicable)...
Since you have experience of ordering foreign products we think provide documents is not a problem.
However, the shipment is really high.
0.5kg package cost NT$2,267(about US$75.57)
This doesn't include tax and the bunker adjustment factor.
We suggest you wait for EMS to reopen deliver packages to Russia or place the order at the address of the Russia post office in other countries.
We have a customer from Ukraine, and he had encountered the same situation as you do.
To solve this, he placed the order at the address of the Ukrainian post office in the U.S. and then shipped it from there to Ukraine by himself.

Don't know what kind of national post office they mean in a foreign country, probably a shipping forwarder was used.
Before they answered, I've already looked into those, best would be to use one in South Korea, as shipping from Sofa there is cheapest (350 or 400 of their dollars, and Korea has a relatively high customs limit of $160, even if they don't mark it down.

Meh. I'm not sure what all the fuss is over this release.

Same old artwork we've already got before and the extra goodies aren't great. Not worth the hassle and expense for me personally. I'd rather wait for FA...
I'd expected the "laser silver" to be something more than just a shiny title. I also thought the "spot" of "spot glossy" meant something more specific than "the entire slipcover." :)

I'd expected the "laser silver" to be something more than just a shiny title. I also thought the "spot" of "spot glossy" meant something more specific than "the entire slipcover." :)
Yeah the fuss was about "Laser Silver" as we all didnt know what that really meant. In turn, its simply what we all called Holofoil before. Which is common among Korean releases. Novamedia, manta etc. ie. someone else will likely do it too. So ... wait it out and perhaps get elsewhere, or skip this and if no one does it then you wish you had ordered this or have to find on secondary. If you want the classic struzan art with holofoil ....

Reactions: JGCramp
Yeah the fuss was about "Laser Silver" as we all didnt know what that really meant. In turn, its simply what we all called Holofoil before. Which is common among Korean releases. Novamedia, manta etc. ie. someone else will likely do it too. So ... wait it out and perhaps get elsewhere, or skip this and if no one does it then you wish you had ordered this or have to find on secondary. If you want the classic struzan art with holofoil ....
Dr Evil Laser GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Stygian