Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 3, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £34.99

715dzUaumdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

51zn9dxv88L._AC_.jpg

Last edited:
How do you manage to buy appliances or electronics or cars or basically anything when they all have their brand names on them?
It’s not the brand name being present. It’s the size of it on the spine that I have issue with.

I also don’t buy t-shirts with giant lettering of the brand/product/company name. Small writing or small logos: Yes. Giant ugly ones: No thanks.

The Universal UHD release is using the 2017 4K DI this new restoration was done by both Universal/Arrow

That arrow 4K scan restoration was also then licenced by universal to Scream Factory in USA and Turbine Media in Germany

Universal own the arrow restoration that's why it was Universal and not arrow who licenced it to Scream Factory/Turbine Media and also used it themselves for their UHD release

4K Scan of a negative is the process done for doing a restoration

A 4K DI can then be used for DVD/Blu-ray/UHD/Digital releases

Doing a UHD releases involves doing a new encoding as you have to add HDR etc
I'm well aware of all this but I have a feeling we're going to be seeing a new superior encode from Arrow at some point. I think there is more to this 4k than meets the eye.... I didn't get the wow factor a lot of people were feeling with this 4k release.

What and when was TOCs last release? Maybe they listened to complaints, took some time to regroup, and got their shot together. Highly doubtful, but at least they are trying to give us some great titles.

What and when was TOCs last release? Maybe they listened to complaints, took some time to regroup, and got their shot together. Highly doubtful, but at least they are trying to give us some great titles.
Most recent release was Watchmen (Paramount) Titans of Cult #17 in April 2022

This release is not a surprise as it was one of the titles mentioned by Universal in the Titans of Cult thread

Which Universal Pictures movie would you like to see from Titans of Cult

Reactions: Sono2020
FYI I wouldn’t buy a car if it’s model was painted in large font on the side so as to take up >1/3 of the available space.
I remember back when my grandparents’ neighbor had one of these beauties.

48518EFA-15E4-4500-B1BA-75B0E8AD3329.jpeg

And fwiw, I think the Arrow steelbook for this movie is the best one to date.

What's that green edition on the right?
German limited edition release from Turbine Media

Sold Out a few years now

• Thanks
Reactions: Lenny Nero
The second I posted the question, a thought it must be that one company I'm never aware of what they released popped up, Turbine!
Really great looking art on the box, but I guess I don't need a booklet in German, and the rest of the contents somewhat covered by other editions. It's a way of saying it's too expensive to buy now... :LOL:

front is great, but the back is crap
Exactly! :D

Made this concept a while ago. Think backart looks pretty ToCish.
Stopped collecting ToC with the Watchmen release, but maybe make an exception for this one.

That front art is a massive want for me at the moment. It would sway me to buy another copy. But ToC would never use that

And the back looks like the art used on the waxwork Vinyl release which will also be a no