01.jpg

02.jpg

ukthing1.jpg

ukthing2.jpg

ukthing3.jpg

ukthing4.jpg

ukthing5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
it does look nice. im just not sure i would ever watch it again.
i watched the film recently, and thought it was ok, but not one i would consider a keeper.
this steelbook almost sways me (maybe im alone, but i like the artwork, front back and inside. ticks all the boxes for me) but i really don't see me ever wanting to watch it again.
shelf space is the important factor for me now, so im only keeping films that i love.

Reactions: houdini1
Are we watching the same film?? I owned the amaray version and the transfer was pristine :wtf:

Maybe you don't like film grain. The transfer is absolute rubbish. HD DVD version was much better.

Universal is yet to deliver a 100% quality Catalog release on Blu-ray. Even the ones that got rave reviews suffer from noticeable grain reduction. Gladiator was an exception as it was reportedly remastered by Paramount.

Back to topic, I am surprised that Universal is debossing almost every title including Bourne. A sleek looking Steel and job well done.

Wish they do something to improve on the catalog titles.

Maybe you don't like film grain. The transfer is absolute rubbish. HD DVD version was much better.

Universal is yet to deliver a 100% quality Catalog release on Blu-ray. Even the ones that got rave reviews suffer from noticeable grain reduction. Gladiator was an exception as it was reportedly remastered by Paramount.

Back to topic, I am surprised that Universal is debossing almost every title including Bourne. A sleek looking Steel and job well done.

Wish they do something to improve on the catalog titles.

For a film that's 30 odd years old, the Blu Ray transfer is awesome. If I wanted grain I'd go and watch an old VHS copy! Blu Ray is and should be about having the sharpest clearest transfer.

For a film that's 30 odd years old, the Blu Ray transfer is awesome. If I wanted grain I'd go and watch an old VHS copy! Blu Ray is and should be about having the sharpest clearest transfer.

EEK!

Film is grain, remove it and you remove detail and that is the truth, no two ways about it.

I take it you're a fan of the Ultimate edition of Predator? (aka Wax fest)

I like this one,looks better in the flesh with the debossing & nice back+ internal art.Cant moan..all this for £9.99!!!:D

Hate to disagree with an Irish brethren, but your take on what BD should be about hurts my soul... almost as much as the ugly,stupid and even misplaced artwork of this steelbook.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Paramount released Gladiator on BD here in the USA... but it did also need a REISSUE, as the original BD had massive EE (so bad that it actually erased arrows flying mid-air in the opening scenes). Had to return my copy and found one of the new-release copies in the same store.

Last edited:
Reactions: salias
really not sure about this, feel like there must have been some better artwork for the cover, either version of the 2011 film look much better in my opinion