The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 28th, 2015
Purchase link: The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada (live)
Price: £14.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies

11156607-2144316365239675.jpg

11156607-1224316365215429.jpg

11156607-8424316365226145.jpg

Last edited:
Zavvi offer by far the most diverse range of titles of any Steelbook retailer, I don't see how that is a bad thing. The number of titles is admittedly a bit ridiculous but it has been that way for a while.

Zavvi offer by far the most diverse range of titles of any Steelbook retailer, I don't see how that is a bad thing. The number of titles is admittedly a bit ridiculous but it has been that way for a while.

The problem is:

a) it is frustrating to see stuff like this announced when much more deserving titles don't even have a whiff of a steelbook release

b) zavvi have saturated the steelbook market so much with unnecessary titles that most collector's now overlook lesser releases like this because they have no hope of collecting them all and even if they tried they simply don't have the shelf space. That just leaves people who are big fans of the film in question, which is probably about 15 people in this case.

c) it is a chore to go through the zavvi steelbook section and trawl through the ocean of mediocre titles like this that they don't have a hope of selling in order to find the few interesting titles, not to mention being spammed by zavvi telling me there's only 500 left or flash sales because they cannot sell them without having to keep badgering us to buy them.

It's really STUDIOCANAL who are milking it. It's almost like they have some grand plan to release everything in their immense library as a Steelbook. Such a shame that the majority of STUDIOCANAL Steels are really mediocre, considering they own many iconic movies.

Reactions: zoneism and lolwut
WTF are we being palmed off with now? StudioCanal are really scraping the barrel! Someone should call them and inform them that they don't need to release everything in their catalogue as a SteelBook! Anyone would think they ran out of Amaray cases in their warehouse for this pile of shit!

WTF are we being palmed off with now? StudioCanal are really scraping the barrel! Someone should call them and inform them that they don't need to release everything in their catalogue as a SteelBook! Anyone would think they ran out of Amaray cases in their warehouse for this pile of ****!

7.5/10 at IMDb and 85% at Rotten Tomatoes suggest that this is far from being a 'pile of ****'.

WTF are we being palmed off with now? StudioCanal are really scraping the barrel! Someone should call them and inform them that they don't need to release everything in their catalogue as a SteelBook! Anyone would think they ran out of Amaray cases in their warehouse for this pile of ****!

http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/the-three-burials-of-melquiades-estrada-2006

Not that one person's opinion matters (mine, yours, Ebert's), but I think you're being unfair.

I was going to unload a string of expletives at you because this is a terrifically underrated film that is fully deserving of any attention that StudioCanal can muster up. Instead I'd just ask you to consider that:

a) not everything released requires YOU to buy it
b) not everything released is aimed at YOU
c) I'm willing to bet a fair amount of cash that there are worse films in your steelbook collection

This is the second time I've seen a StudioCanal release referred to as 'scraping the barrel', the last time was for Herzog's Bad Lieutenant, of which this (along with Three Burials) are brilliant films. Personally I'd rather have an endless stream of these films offered than another Marvel re-release.

This is the second time I've seen a StudioCanal release referred to as 'scraping the barrel', the last time was for Herzog's Bad Lieutenant, of which this (along with Three Burials) are brilliant films.
Indeed. This is actually a great film, and I happen to like the steelbook artwork, too :LOL::happy::D
Personally I'd rather have an endless stream of these films offered than another Marvel re-release.
:thumbs::thumbs: