The UGLIEST Blu-Ray SteelBook thread

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
This should be a fun topic ...

What is the ugliest steelbook you've come across?

Post a pic while your at it. (google search is your friend)

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 PM ----------

Here's my pick.
pic removed to remove thumbnail

Awesome movie, and maybe my decision to this is that the other 2 editions just looked much better. Oddly enough, its the only version of Kick Ass I even own.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

I'm also not a fan of the Star Trek steel, I think something better could have been done with both of these.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
I Am Legend!

err no you're not!!

Attachments

• 2405565429_0a4510ac4e.jpg
    2405565429_0a4510ac4e.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Alice In Wonderland or Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels ( both German)
The first one for the godawful design , the second for the stupid title (even more so as the title is written in English on the blu-ray disc inside) .
index.php

index.php

That Lock Stock is pretty bad, even if it had an English title I still don't think that would save it. The artwork just looks wrong. I think Armageddon looks really bad, one of the worst I have seen in a while.

I was thinking the same until I bought it, it doesn't look bad when you have it in your hands.

One of the ugliest steelbook for me is Pitch Black from Germany

51BCgf0cuqL.jpg

Vin really looks stupid on this one :D

I agree. Looks like a bad photoshop from a kid who just plays around with the program.

After seeing the original three Spider-Man Steelbooks in Future Shop the other day, all three of them get my vote. I've obviously seen many bad ones, but wow, those take the cake imo. Still blown away that anyone approved those for release.

I don't think it's the ugliest, just one of the corniest. To me it looks like Liam is posing for some kind of new wave gun magazine. Modeling the latest dusters & medium-sized shirts.

View attachment 15782

THANK YOU!!! I coudn't have said it better.

I nominate Armageddon, actually the whole Miramax wave. Probably one of the most uncreative wave of Steelbooks.

Last edited by a moderator: