The Voices (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Arrow Films) [UK]

Apr 1, 2013
London
Release: 13 July, 2015 (Live Thurs May 21 mid-day)
Purchase link:
Zavvi,
Amazon.
Price: £17.99

steel.jpg

Confirmed earlier today via Arrow's twitter feed:

Watch out for a strictly limited edition #TheVoices Fridge #Steelbook coming to the UK on July 13

https://twitter.com/ArrowFilms/status/592978657943101440

Maybe something like this?

the-voices-poster03.jpg

My favourite film of last year - I am so in for this one!

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 348
Last edited by a moderator:
Recently ordered this from the U.S. but yet to watch. Bought based on viewing the trailer & loving the directors earlier film Persepolis.

UPDATE: Watched it & LOVED it!!

Fridge Steelbook? I'm guessing the steelbook outer is of a fridge (all gloss white, with possible fridge magnet, messages, photos, stickers embossed on front) with the steelbook inner artwork being the contents of the fridge (in this case, milk, vegetables & 2 heads:dead::dead:). I'd buy that :thumbs:

Looking forward to the artwork (hopefully soon!)
Gloss? On an Arrow steelbook? Hahaha :(

Gloss? On an Arrow steelbook? Hahaha :(
Arrow have with the recent Blood and Black Lace used spot gloss on the title its amazing looking steelbook

The Standard Amaray Blu-ray
Release Date: 13th July 2015

http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=the voices&product_id=542
Also available from Amazon UK

No steelbook has been announced officially as of yet and I'm not sure if it is happening unless its getting a retailer exclusive not yet announced or its a later release to be announced for purchase direct from Arrow Films Shop

The USA distribution of The Voices is through Lionsgate

Last edited:
Not long posted over on BR forum. Announced by Arrow.

Recently ordered this from the U.S. but yet to watch. Bought based on viewing the trailer & loving the directors earlier film Persepolis.

UPDATE: Watched it & LOVED it!!

Fridge Steelbook? I'm guessing the steelbook outer is of a fridge (all gloss white, with possible fridge magnet, messages, photos, stickers embossed on front) with the steelbook inner artwork being the contents of the fridge (in this case, milk, vegetables & 2 heads:dead::dead:). I'd buy that :thumbs:

Looking forward to the artwork (hopefully soon!)
6282.jpg

Glossy / Embossed?
Please let the inner artwork be the heads in the fridge :happy:
I feel another purchase coming on!

Last edited by a moderator:
My fridge is glossy (white gloss on top of that), I expect no less from this steelbook :). It is so crying out for that sweet finish.

Either way, that's a really cool design. That purchase is a no-brainer!

Last edited:
Not long posted over on BR forum. Announced by Arrow.

6282.jpg

Glossy / Embossed?
Please let the inner artwork be the heads in the fridge :happy:
I feel another purchase coming on!
I can't see this being glossy or embossed, Arrow haven't had either on any of their releases so far.

I doubt it will be a full gloss finish as Arrow so far have only done matte finish with their steelbooks

They did though recently with Blood and Black Lace Steelbook The Title had a spot gloss finish

I think Battle Royale had debossing. This needs full gloss though, and some embossing on the title would be nice
You are right it did, they have never used full gloss though. They have used a satin type finish which is a mix between gloss and Matt on a few of the steels though like Demons. Maybe it will be like that?

You are right it did, they have never used full gloss though. They have used a satin type finish which is a mix between gloss and Matt on a few of the steels though like Demons. Maybe it will be like that?

I like the finish on Lady Snowblood.Wasn't quite full gloss, and certainly wasn't matte. I'm guessing that one had the satin finish that you mentioned. I hope this one has a similar feel to it.

Reactions: Sigill