The Walking Dead Season 3 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Entertainment Store Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
HDN is pleased to bring you this news first-info about all 3 seasons is below.

The Walking Dead Steelbook Season 3-live!

Release date December 9,2013
Price £36.99

Purchase Link: Zavvi
Price: £14.99

Play.com store: Click to buy - Free Delivery in the UK when buying from play.com
Ebay store: Click to buy - Delivery to most locations
Group Buy: Click HERE (Safest delivery option, handled by top notch member)

First look, exclusive to HDN. Actual pictures. :)

View attachment 52760

We***8217;re certainly planning to continue doing all future seasons of The Walking Dead in steelbook with matching artwork ***8211; it looks likely season 4 will be out in September 2014 as it follows the same pattern as Game of Thrones (i.e. the new season hits DVD and Blu-Ray just before the new season starts).

We***8217;ve been told that the steelbooks will feature in the US Walking Dead magazine, so likely to be quite a bit of international interest for these.

The Entertainment Store is pleased to announce our latest exclusive steelbook releases: Seasons 1, 2 and 3 of The Walking Dead, AMC***8217;s Emmy Award winning TV series.

Each season features world exclusive artwork by Mark Simpson AKA Jock, who is responsible for some of best regarded comics and art of this generation, having worked on 2000AD, The Losers and Hellblazer amongst others as well as producing artwork for many major film studios, including the artwork for HDN Steelbook of the Year 2012 winner The Raid.

The Walking Dead: Season 1 (Entertainment Store Exclusive Blu-Ray Steelbook):

- 2 Blu-Rays discs
- Debossed Title Treatment
- G2 Standard Steelbook case
- Limited to 4,000 copies worldwide
- Finish TBC

The Walking Dead: Season 2 (Entertainment Store Exclusive Blu-Ray Steelbook):

- 3 Blu-Rays discs
- G2 Standard Steelbook case
- Finish TBC

The Walking Dead: Season 3 (Entertainment Store Exclusive Blu-Ray Steelbook):

- 5 Blu-Rays discs
- G2 Jumbo Steelbook case
- Finish TBC

NB: Due to the number of discs needed for all episodes and extras, Season 3 has to be in a Jumbo format case.

All 3 Seasons are sold individually, and will be on sale exclusively through The Entertainment Store on Rakuten Play.com at midday BST on Friday 11th October 2013 when the release date and pricing will be revealed.

In the meantime, our full range of steelbooks is available here: http://www.play.com/stores/EntertainmentStore/Steelbooks

The Entertainment Store has been trading on Marketplaces since 2013 and is proud to retail only authentic and high quality Entertainment goods, delivered to customers direct from the Studio and Publishers.

Attachments

• twdfinal3.jpg
    twdfinal3.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,022
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 455
Last edited by a moderator:
If anything is going to get me to purchase my first Jumbo, it's the TWD.

Well done with this one ES, what an unexpected and supercool release to spring on us. :oohyeah:

Yeah enough moaning about the size the fact ES are bringing us these at all is a massively unexpected surprise :LOL:

i think it can be done with 2 on each side and a new type of fastener tray in the middle

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5778/1018575.jpg
(pic by Collector03601)

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9024/5316879.jpg
(pic by berl1n)

This would not work. In fact you couldn't close that even without a holder in the middle. The 2 disc holders they use on one side for 2 disc releases stick out a lot further that the 1 disc holders. It works on G1s because they are longer and the discs don't have to overlap the disc holders, but with a G2 it simply is not possible.

Reactions: IRON MAN
Its one thing putting an extra/bonus disk in a separate sleeve, its another thing altogether putting a feature disk in one like it was some kind of mistake...Im no particular fan of jumbo steelbooks but of we want TV shows in steelbooks, its gonna have to be something we have to accept....or dare I suggest flipper disks? ...5 disk set reduced to 3 disks, 2 flippers and a disk 3...what would be more unpopular, a jumbo 5 disk or a regular steelbook flipper set?

Personally I like a nice digipack for TV shows (game of thrones style) but I'll probably go for these if the price is right ..Im hoping for £25 each for seasons 1 and 2...unlikely as the amarays are both still around £20, but I can hope right? :D

Last edited:
Reactions: kenny222
I think the real quesiton here is will they continue with this type of art work in the future when Season 4 is finished and future season's...it's a popular show so they could end up going up to Season 6 or 7.

Why is it they didn't choose to do a finished TV series so we would know the artwork will all look the same.

Imagine a Breaking Bad styled one with Walt on each front cover......from Walter White to Heisenberg and maybe a side character or villain for the back

Oh man this is great news, I've got the US digibook sets but Jock art and ES in steelbook form eaaaayyyy so stocked. You can never have enough Walking Dead blu rays!

Will season 1 be uncut though? My only worry?

A pass for me as despite being a great show it's not rewatchable. However, loving the art design. Like others have said, it'd be gutting if future seasons didn't come out matching. TV series Steelbooks are under represented for sure.

I think the real quesiton here is will they continue with this type of art work in the future when Season 4 is finished and future season's...it's a popular show so they could end up going up to Season 6 or 7.

The show is insanely popular and successful. I think I read they are aiming for at least 10 seasons. And then there is the spin-off to consider.

Reactions: djprodikis
i think it can be done with 2 on each side and a new type of fastener tray in the middle

http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/5778/1018575.jpg
(pic by Collector03601)

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9024/5316879.jpg
(pic by berl1n)

With the G1 DVD steelbooks you can have up to 6 discs but with the G2 steelbook being shorter the discs overlap the hubs too much so you have to raise one of the hubs to get clearance for the disc that goes under it.

In the case of G1 steelbooks the discs overlap less and one of the discs can sit with it's outer edge just cutting onto the other hub allowing it to sit lower

Last edited:
The show is insanely popular and successful. I think I read they are aiming for at least 10 seasons. And then there is the spin-off to consider.

There's no way they could drag it out for 10 seasons IMO. The quality of season 3 was pretty mediocre with all the Governor and Michonne stuff. It will only take another half season of that and the ratings will tumble.

Reactions: hatredhorror
No doubt the ratings will tumble sooner or later. But they will still be high enough so that AMC will keep draging it for years to come. Just look at how they split Breaking Bad, and soon Mad Men's final seasons... Maybe not 10, but 8 or 9 seasons are definitely a possibility in my opinion. And they don't exactly have any major ratings hits at the moment.

No doubt the ratings will tumble sooner or later. But they will still be high enough so that AMC will keep draging it for years to come. Just look at how they split Breaking Bad's final season...

Honestly I think Vince Gilligan requested that so he could have enough time to do the show justice in it's finale. They even pushed the release date back almost a month from when it was supposed to premiere.

There's no way they could drag it out for 10 seasons IMO. The quality of season 3 was pretty mediocre with all the Governor and Michonne stuff. It will only take another half season of that and the ratings will tumble.

Season 3? Mediocre? WTF???? EEK!

Maybe just don't watch it any more if you dislike it so much. Personally I thought it was truly epic, intense, and gripping. I'd happily watch another 2 or 3 seasons of more of the same before they move he story on, it was that good.

I don't know whether some people are just trolling or genuinely don't know a top top show when they see one. Like you could come up with something better :hilarious:

Sorry I know I'm probably over reacting but sometimes these critical posts rub me up the wrong way.